U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Can you inadvertently worship other Gods or celebrate a pagan holidays you dont intend to worship or
Yes 6 30.00%
No 13 65.00%
Maybe 1 5.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2016, 07:17 PM

4,221 posts, read 1,970,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
''Depart from me, you workers of iniquity, you breakers of the law.''

But Jesus, what does it matter what we do with our hands, didn't we teach your name?
Workers of iniquity and breakers of the law do so by their words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2016, 09:20 AM

9,169 posts, read 2,802,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I don't know what you mean by form, but I would say that every single law of Moses has an alternate meaning, a hidden meaning for those who find it.

The laws of slavery or not really about slavery, but they show a person who willingly becomes a slave for Christ and he doesn't want to leave his master's house.

So you offer him his freedom, and he says,'' I do not want to be free.''

So you take that slave and put him against the door and run a hole through his ear and put a golden earing in his ear so that all should know that the master offered him his freedom and he refused and now that Gold represents the voice of the master.

This is why Israel had to obtain those earrings because they had never been presented their freedom, and now those earrings symbolized the word of God in their ears, but they took them and melted them down to commit adultery, what they had done was to take the master's voice right from their ears.

The laws of marriage were not written for a man and a woman but for a submissive virgin who hears the will of her betrothed.

The laws of food are not about food although if one keeps them, things will go well, but it is not about food.

AMEN. I'm sure you know these things for the sake of those who do not.....

Just ONE of the characteristics of the Word is that it is written (as the Tabernacle witnesses) to 3 levels of maturity. There are babes (outer court/30 fold), young men (inner court/60 fold), and mature sons (Holy of Holies/100 fold). When you understand what these levels are, you can listen to someone for 5 minutes and know where they are in the pattern. How else do you think Paul knew who was "on the milk of the Word still", that they might be corrected and pushed towards maturity?

Where a person is in their level of spiritual maturity determines the REWARD at the end, whether at THEIR end (death or overcoming death), or upon the Lord's return. He spoke of this with the illustration of the talents, for one. Salvation was never intended to be viewed as "one stop shop". It is a progressive action, we were saved, we are being saved, we shall be saved unto the uttermost, which lines up with spirit, soul, and body. Initial salvation only puts you on the same "level" as the devils, who also know and tremble. Surely the Lord has more for us than that, Amen? Peace

Last edited by Rbbi1; 02-27-2016 at 09:28 AM..

Old 02-27-2016, 10:47 AM

15,579 posts, read 7,039,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
......... Salvation was never intended to be viewed as "one stop shop". It is a progressive action, we were saved, we are being saved, we shall be saved unto the uttermost, which lines up with spirit, soul, and body. Initial salvation only puts you on the same "level" as the devils, who also know and tremble. Surely the Lord has more for us than that, Amen? Peace

Old 02-27-2016, 06:42 PM

37,615 posts, read 25,312,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Please explain to me how you can celebrate something that in your heart and mind you do not intend to celebrate????? How can your motive be different than your intention??? God judges the heart NOT outward manifestations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
SNAP, if this ain't a REALITY CHECK...

Quote:
The point IS, HE is G-D and HE gets to decide HOW AND WHEN HE wants to be worshipped, and spelled it out very plainly in His Word, which was then trashed by pagans and has been adopted into a culture for generations = traditions of men. And what does it say about traditions of men?
And if you read my previous post, once you know the TRUTH, you are accountable. And THAT is where the judging of the heart comes in at. Peace
This is NOT an answer. No one is talking about what God is or is not capable of. The question is straightforward.
"Please explain to me how you can celebrate something that in your heart and mind you do not intend to celebrate????? How can your motive be different than your intention???"

Old 02-27-2016, 07:03 PM

Simple. One is the root (thought), the other is the fruit (action). It's not that I'm condemning you; you're caught in a snare that has been around and been accepted as a tradition for hundreds of years.

But we are told by the law and by Yeshua, if you see a man whose beast of burden (carnal nature) has fallen into a pit on the Sabbath day, we're supposed to help him get it out. Christ IS the Sabbath day/7th day of no part darkness and we are to keep the Sabbath in the Spirit of it ALL THE TIME. Peace

Old 02-27-2016, 08:11 PM

37,615 posts, read 25,312,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post

This is NOT an answer. No one is talking about what God is or is not capable of. The question is straightforward.
"Please explain to me how you can celebrate something that in your heart and mind you do not intend to celebrate????? How can your motive be different than your intention???"
Quote:
Simple. One is the root (thought), the other is the fruit (action). It's not that I'm condemning you; you're caught in a snare that has been around and been accepted as a tradition for hundreds of years.
But we are told by the law and by Yeshua, if you see a man whose beast of burden (carnal nature) has fallen into a pit on the Sabbath day, we're supposed to help him get it out. Christ IS the Sabbath day/7th day of no part darkness and we are to keep the Sabbath in the Spirit of it ALL THE TIME. Peace
Clearly you cannot answer the simple question, but you are obviously sincere in your beliefs about Jesus and God. We need have no further disagreement. I believe you are wrong and you believe I am wrong, but NEITHER position matters one iota to God as long as we Love God and each other every day and repent when we don't. Peace.

Old 02-27-2016, 09:07 PM

Thank you for your kind words. Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or