Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Can you inadvertently worship other Gods or celebrate a pagan holidays you dont intend to worship or
Yes 7 31.82%
No 14 63.64%
Maybe 1 4.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 10:28 PM

598 posts, read 357,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Yes, it is about the motive of the heart. And here's the rub to that. Once presented with the Truth of the Word, being held accountable for what you know comes into play, as the Spirit of the Word begins the conviction process. The heart that is seeking after Him and His Truth (pure motive) will repent and seek to correct it.

Anything within that is standing in opposition to revealed Truth, is to be cast into the fire and consumed, Amen? Peace
Amen and then some.

What hurts me is when witnessing the truth being mocked knowing because of it there will be a judgement coming………… and then seeing it happen that is never pretty to watch

On the other hand, hearing the truth that causes the young and not yet fully matured Christ in Christians to leap for joy, brings more joy to those who plant and water the seeds

Still, it is frustrating watching those whom you want and pray for them to "get it," fail to even note it as it goes by them

Past my bedtime
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2016, 10:42 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Absolutely NOT! What you are celebrating or worshiping depends ENTIRELY on your state of mind, i.e., what you INTEND to celebrate or worship. The idea that you can inadvertently celebrate or worship anything is preposterous! What are YOU thinking when you celebrate or worship?? is it determined by WHAT you are DOING or by what you are THINKING????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Yes, it is about the motive of the heart. And here's the rub to that. Once presented with the Truth of the Word, being held accountable for what you know comes into play, as the Spirit of the Word begins the conviction process. The heart that is seeking after Him and His Truth (pure motive) will repent and seek to correct it.
Anything within that is standing in opposition to revealed Truth, is to be cast into the fire and consumed, Amen? Peace
Please explain to me how you can celebrate something that in your heart and mind you do not intend to celebrate????? How can your motive be different than your intention??? God judges the heart NOT outward manifestations.

Old 02-25-2016, 10:51 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,208,143 times
Quote:
Are you saying you believe they thought they were worshiping God and NOT the Golden Calf. That is preposterous. They were worshiping the Calf, not God. What was in their minds is what they were worshiping. Are you trying to say they thought they were worshiping God and NOT the Calf???? How do you get that??? When you celebrate Jesus are you thinking about something else????
They were able to see the golden calf, right? Does it say they could see the god? Not as far as I know? Then why worship it, why not take in apart and have use of the gold? This is all about the proclivity for primitive people to worship something, anything, as they had a need, which does not exist anymore.

Old 02-26-2016, 03:46 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
So what we get is scripture that shows that the Israelites made up their own god and did NOT think they were worshipping YHWH explained by Moses, but we get NO acknowledgement that this is the case and NO concession that his previous post was a non-sequitur because of this. There's a word for that.

Old 02-26-2016, 05:43 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:
Please explain to me how you can celebrate something that in your heart and mind you do not intend to celebrate????? How can your motive be different than your intention??? God judges the heart NOT outward manifestations.
SNAP, if this ain't a REALITY CHECK...

Old 02-26-2016, 07:47 AM

741 posts, read 444,293 times
I know many of those that call themselves atheist but they still celebrate Christmas. So even if they don't intend to worship a pagan god, they still are worshiping a pagan god. Yet most I talk to don't mind that they are doing it. However, there are those that call themselves Christians also give the same answer atheist do when they find out that Christmas is a pagan holiday. It's not a big deal to them either. What they both have in common is that they see it from their point of view but don't really give the True God's point of view much thought or dismiss it entirely.

Old 02-26-2016, 09:12 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Timothy316 View Post
I know many of those that call themselves atheist but they still celebrate Christmas. So even if they don't intend to worship a pagan god, they still are worshiping a pagan god. Yet most I talk to don't mind that they are doing it. However, there are those that call themselves Christians also give the same answer atheist do when they find out that Christmas is a pagan holiday. It's not a big deal to them either. What they both have in common is that they see it from their point of view but don't really give the True God's point of view much thought or dismiss it entirely.
And just where do you find "the true God's point of view?"

Old 02-26-2016, 09:22 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,038,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livelystone View Post
Amen and then some.

What hurts me is when witnessing the truth being mocked knowing because of it there will be a judgement coming………… and then seeing it happen that is never pretty to watch

On the other hand, hearing the truth that causes the young and not yet fully matured Christ in Christians to leap for joy, brings more joy to those who plant and water the seeds

Still, it is frustrating watching those whom you want and pray for them to "get it," fail to even note it as it goes by them

Past my bedtime

Yes, it does. You and I have both seen people lose their lives for refusing to hear and obey the Lord. And it's not that HE does it, they count themselves unworthy of life by allowing the adversary to finish them off. No wonder then He says, MY people perish for lack of knowledge. Notice He didn't say the heathen there. Peace

Old 02-26-2016, 09:31 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,038,804 times
Quote:

The point IS, HE is G-D and HE gets to decide HOW AND WHEN HE wants to be worshipped, and spelled it out very plainly in His Word, which was then trashed by pagans and has been adopted into a culture for generations = traditions of men. And what does it say about traditions of men?

And if you read my previous post, once you know the TRUTH, you are accountable. And THAT is where the judging of the heart comes in at. Peace

Old 02-26-2016, 09:33 AM

4,684 posts, read 6,133,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
SNAP, if this ain't a REALITY CHECK...
The bible also states our hearts are wicked.

Jeremiah 17:9-10

9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
10 I the Lord search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity