Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2016, 05:10 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
So basically , hide your children from the real world and hope to forever keep them properly indoctrinated and ignorant of reality.

I'll extend this question out to all since the one it was originally posed to didn't feel up to answering. How many branches of science (the study of reality) must a person deny or ignore to believe in creationism?
How many deny the aspect of intelligent design?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2016, 06:10 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,282,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
How many deny the aspect of intelligent design?

How many branches of science ? All of them . ID has been shown to be pseudoscience, and has been admitted to be such by its main proponent , Dr Behe .

Now, how about you answer my question since I did you the courtesy of answering your response even though yours was a question rather than an answer .

Old 02-28-2016, 06:32 PM

Quote:
How many branches of science ? All of them . ID has been shown to be pseudoscience, and has been admitted to be such by its main proponent , Dr Behe .

Now, how about you answer my question since I did you the courtesy of answering your response even though yours was a question rather than an answer .
I do not believe in puff the magic dragon. But I do see an intelligent design to things.
How about you explaining the consciousness of mankind within his environment?

And its development.

Last edited by Jerwade; 02-28-2016 at 06:42 PM..

Old 02-28-2016, 06:55 PM

Quote:
I do not believe in puff the magic dragon. But I do see an intelligent design to things.
How about you explaining the consciousness of mankind within his environment?

And its development.

Not until you answer my questions. Its a two way street, not Avoidance Avenue where you dodge my questions with ever more questions.

I answered yours even though you asked in in reply to mine without bothering to answer mine. Your turn now.

Old 02-28-2016, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Not until you answer my questions. Its a two way street, not Avoidance Avenue where you dodge my questions with ever more questions.

I answered yours even though you asked in in reply to mine without bothering to answer mine. Your turn now.
I do not deny the existence of reality, nor have I replaced it with an idealistic or notional idea.
And the question was one for clarification to avoid the one-way avenue of your choice.

BTW - Intelligent Design is not the same thing as Creationism.

Last edited by Jerwade; 02-28-2016 at 07:30 PM..

Old 02-28-2016, 07:32 PM

Quote:
I do not deny the existence of reality, nor have I replaced it with an idealistic or notional idea.
And the question was one for clarification to avoid the one-way avenue of your choice.

Yet you find yourself unable to answer a simple question as part of a two way conversation.

Why is that? There is a definite answer, or close enough to it. The answer might be questionable as to the exact number, but it is higher than one. Why do you find yourself unable to answer it?

Old 02-28-2016, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Yet you find yourself unable to answer a simple question as part of a two way conversation.

Why is that? There is a definite answer, or close enough to it. The answer might be questionable as to the exact number, but it is higher than one. Why do you find yourself unable to answer it?
Why don't you provide it from your mindset, if I disagree, then I will refute it.
It appears that is what you are looking for?

And I am not a Young Earth Creationist, nor do I deny the sciences.

(You may be barking-up the wrong tree)

Last edited by Jerwade; 02-28-2016 at 07:49 PM..

Old 02-28-2016, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Why don't you provide it from your mindset, if I disagree, then I will refute it.
It appears that is what you are looking for?

And I am not a Young Earth Creationist, nor do I deny the sciences.

No thanks. Im not big on trying to have a discussion with someone that refuses to simply participate in a two way give and take. I answered yours, and have no fear of answering any you could put up, but evidently the same cannot be said for you.

And I didn't come barking at your tree, you replied to my post sent out to all, but don't really want to try and give an answer.

Maybe I will simply create a thread on the subject.

Old 02-28-2016, 07:57 PM

7,593 posts, read 6,080,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Completely agree with this. The moral majority changed the Southern Baptist church into a "light" version of the Independent Fundamental Baptist church, which has always been very judgmental, legalistic, and politically involved. Today there are pretty much two camps of Southern Baptists. You have the traditional churches that are pretty much IFB churches except they use the NIV instead of the KJV and have contemporary Christian music, but they are just as legalistic and just as judgmental. Then you have the "seeker sensitive" churches that on the surface try to appear "cool" with a rock band, light shows, more casual dress, and more lax attitudes towards certain vices such as gambling or alcohol consumption, but lack authenticity.

There is the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship, which tend to be more liberal and more mainline in their approach to the Bible (less literal interpretation), but those churches don't appear to be reaching young people either.
Both try to teach young people what to think, as opposed to teaching them howto think.

Of course this is something the baptists share with the methodology of , say, North Korea, because of fear that if someone discovers an opposing view, then he might make an opposing choice.

Part off this is to say "we have the truth. We are always right". Does not matter if it is Kim jong il or billy graham. The biggest fear is rejection, that someone will discover the bovine excremsdnt and defect. Whether to south Korea or to college.

Knowledge is power. I have found few knowledgeable people in the Baptist movement,and certainly no truth.

Old 02-28-2016, 08:01 PM

Quote:
No thanks. Im not big on trying to have a discussion with someone that refuses to simply participate in a two way give and take. I answered yours, and have no fear of answering any you could put up, but evidently the same cannot be said for you.

And I didn't come barking at your tree, you replied to my post sent out to all, but don't really want to try and give an answer.

Maybe I will simply create a thread on the subject.
I do not have to deny any of the sciences, not one.
But then again, I do not believe the same as others.

By all means, create that thread?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity