U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2016, 07:17 PM

9,169 posts, read 2,775,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
And your pomposity - as always - is amusing.

No, I just don't have meekness confused with weakness. You're used to running over top of Christians who think if they are not "nice", they're not Christians. What that really is, is a spirit of the fear of man, and I don't have that anymore, glory to G-d.

I also don't have any problem spanking other people's unruly kids if they bring them under my covering, and refuse to take their G-d given authority and use it, because they'd rather be their friend than their parent (also a form of the fear of man). Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2016, 08:42 PM

23,269 posts, read 12,056,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
No, I just don't have meekness confused with weakness. You're used to running over top of Christians who think if they are not "nice", they're not Christians. What that really is, is a spirit of the fear of man, and I don't have that anymore, glory to G-d.

I also don't have any problem spanking other people's unruly kids if they bring them under my covering, and refuse to take their G-d given authority and use it, because they'd rather be their friend than their parent (also a form of the fear of man). Peace
I guess the grandiosity goes hand-in-ego with the pomposity.

Old 08-16-2016, 08:47 PM

Quote:

Not at all, as I said, glory to G-d because if not for Him......Peace

Old 08-16-2016, 09:05 PM

32,538 posts, read 29,325,866 times
Quote:
What? You don't wallop other people's kids when you've decided their parents aren't up-to-snuff? Heathen!

If you'd sent in three box tops and gotten the decoder ring you could smack their little behinds, cloak yourself in religion and brag about it on the internet.

Old 08-16-2016, 09:43 PM

37,492 posts, read 25,224,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I've never read a post from Mystic stating his thoughts are superior to God's. You continue to mangle what people actually state and believe. Looks like your decoder ring needs an adjustment.
Thanks, Dew!
Quote:
No, only every other word, about our "barbaric G-d and ancestor's who believed such things". Peace
The beliefs are barbaric but thankfully God is NOT what they believe. Those who DO accept the barbaric beliefs have to answer to God, not me.
Quote:
You would not have faired well if you had been around to do that to my children.
Quote:
What? You don't wallop other people's kids when you've decided their parents aren't up-to-snuff? Heathen!
If you'd sent in three box tops and gotten the decoder ring you could smack their little behinds, cloak yourself in religion and brag about it on the internet.
You are a riot, Dew!

Old 08-16-2016, 10:52 PM

Quote:

If they're under my covering, I do, and I'm supposed to. Not bragging, just pointing out how subtle the spirit of fear of man is. The serpent is more subtle than all the other beasts of the field. If your flesh wasn't so busy being offended, it might have received wisdom from that. Peace

Last edited by Rbbi1; 08-17-2016 at 12:14 AM..

Old 08-16-2016, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Thanks, Dew!
The beliefs are barbaric but thankfully God is NOT what they believe. Those who DO accept the barbaric beliefs have to answer to God, not me.
You would not have faired well if you had been around to do that to my children.
You are a riot, Dew!

Well, that would remain to be seen, wouldn't it? I also expected other parent's to do the same to my children if they were in a position to be their covering (and told them so) and my kids needed it. Idolatry can include family members, which is why He talked about it. Parent's that defend their kids behavior no matter what they do and/or turn a blind eye to it, JUST on the basis of them being their kids, are not doing their duty to their children, nor obeying Him to tend their garden. Peace

Old 08-16-2016, 11:38 PM

1,489 posts, read 611,500 times
Quote:

Amen!, and Amen!

Old 08-17-2016, 07:31 AM

15,004 posts, read 7,530,359 times
Quote:
Well, that would remain to be seen, wouldn't it? I also expected other parent's to do the same to my children if they were in a position to be their covering (and told them so) and my kids needed it. Idolatry can include family members, which is why He talked about it. Parent's that defend their kids behavior no matter what they do and/or turn a blind eye to it, JUST on the basis of them being their kids, are not doing their duty to their children, nor obeying Him to tend their garden. Peace
This is the exact same extreme and unreasonable dichotomy that the ET believers use: If you don't believe God is going to torture people forever, it means that you think God winks at sin. Say what?

Me not hitting my children, or anyone else's, is not the equivalent of "turning a blind eye or defending their behavior". Please educate yourself about children and stop resorting to violence to control them. It takes a lot more time and effort and energy to connect with, teach and encourage than it does to whack and control a child by force or intimidation, for sure. Don't be lazy.

http://www.nonviolentcommunication.c...tion_mrose.pdf

Old 08-17-2016, 09:06 AM

32,538 posts, read 29,325,866 times
Quote:
If they're under my covering, I do, and I'm supposed to. Not bragging, just pointing out how subtle the spirit of fear of man is. The serpent is more subtle than all the other beasts of the field. If your flesh wasn't so busy being offended, it might have received wisdom from that. Peace
Wrong again. I wasn't offended. I was, once again, weirdly bemused by the sanctimonious arrogance of religious extremists.

I'd be offended if some religious busy-body decided I wasn't doing my job as a parent. I'd be offended if that religious busy-body had the arrogance to decide she knew what is best for my child. I'd be in full Mama Bear mode if that religious busy-body put her hands on my child without my permission.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or