Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2016, 07:33 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Until you and your "superior intellect" humble yourself to your Creator, you will never understand. Peace
Oy vey. A diss on intelligence.

It takes all kinds of hutzpah to believe Mystic (or anyone else) has to humble himself because you think everyone is supposed to believe what you believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2016, 10:53 PM

6,790 posts, read 2,897,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1
I can't agree with this. He also said that now I know you love Me. I don't think He would have been upset with Abraham over that, and Abraham had no doubt that even if He had him slay his son, He would just raise him back up because He had already told Abraham the promise would be fulfilled through his seed, so obviously the seed had to live to fulfill what He said. He believed G-d in spite of what it looked like (appearance realm) and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
The messenger bringing a message of where to find the proper sacrifice of a ram, was a shadow prefiguring John the Baptist, and G-d witnessed at that moment in time that John was correct. Peace
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
That you can discuss these barbaric ideas as if they made sense boggles my mind.
It's even more disconcerting when those that do discuss these barbaric ideas as if they made sense might well be otherwise rational people. How can one be rational one moment and then be so irrational the next? How does that work?

Old 08-16-2016, 04:37 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,601,910 times
Quote:
I think I pointed this out to you before, but G-d can do what He wants, with who He wants, anytime He wants, any way He wants, and He doesn't need anyone's approval to do it, BECAUSE HE IS G-D AND WE ARE NOT. Until you and your "superior intellect" humble yourself to your Creator, you will never understand. Peace
You'd make a great slave.

Old 08-16-2016, 05:21 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times
Quote:
I can't agree with this. He also said that now I know you love Me. I don't think He would have been upset with Abraham over that, and Abraham had no doubt that even if He had him slay his son, He would just raise him back up because He had already told Abraham the promise would be fulfilled through his seed, so obviously the seed had to live to fulfill what He said. He believed G-d in spite of what it looked like (appearance realm) and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

The messenger bringing a message of where to find the proper sacrifice of a ram, was a shadow prefiguring John the Baptist, and G-d witnessed at that moment in time that John was correct. Peace
You're interpreting something into that that is just not therthe...Ishmael was also his seed...G-d stopped talking to Avraham directly...Avraham was willing to argue with G-d over total strangers but was not willing to argue with G-d over his own beloved son, Isaac...It was not G-d who stayed his hand at that moment, but an Angel of G-d...G-d kept His promise, as the Angel reiterated, however, G-d ceased communicating directly with Avraham after this incident....

Old 08-16-2016, 05:22 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times
Quote:

What was accounted to Avraham as righteousness?...

Old 08-16-2016, 09:45 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
You'd make a great slave.

Thank you. I am a bond slave to His love. Peace

Old 08-16-2016, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Oy vey. A diss on intelligence.

It takes all kinds of hutzpah to believe Mystic (or anyone else) has to humble himself because you think everyone is supposed to believe what you believe.
Only because Mystic is continually dissing those who believe the Word and casting aspersions on OUR intelligence for doing so. Thinking your thoughts are superior to G-d's is the height of arrogance in man, and you see a lot of that on this board, sadly.

Everyone has to humble themselves to receive from G-d, for He gives grace to the humble but resists the proud. Peace

Old 08-16-2016, 10:03 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Only because Mystic is continually dissing those who believe the Word and casting aspersions on OUR intelligence for doing so. Thinking your thoughts are superior to G-d's is the height of arrogance in man, and you see a lot of that on this board, sadly.
I've never read a post from Mystic stating his thoughts are superior to God's. You continue to mangle what people actually state and believe. Looks like your decoder ring needs an adjustment.

Old 08-16-2016, 10:09 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
I think I pointed this out to you before, but G-d can do what He wants, with who He wants, anytime He wants, any way He wants, and He doesn't need anyone's approval to do it, BECAUSE HE IS G-D AND WE ARE NOT. Until you and your "superior intellect" humble yourself to your Creator, you will never understand. Peace
Yes, we are all well aware that the godling you worship is a sadistic psycho but I guess it makes sense to remind folks now and again.

And your pomposity - as always - is amusing.

Old 08-16-2016, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I've never read a post from Mystic stating his thoughts are superior to God's. You continue to mangle what people actually state and believe. Looks like your decoder ring needs an adjustment.

No, only every other word, about our "barbaric G-d and ancestor's who believed such things". Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity