U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2016, 05:53 PM

3,069 posts, read 2,994,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Hi Southkakkatlantan. One thing I would recommend you do is to get a physical checkup to find out if your depression and constant fatigue could be the result of something physical.

You asked for prayer so I assume you are a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ. How then is your spiritual life? Are you learning and trying to apply the word of God to your life?

You're lonely. Do you have any friends? I assume you're single. If you're basing your happiness on being married and you do find someone to marry, you may find it to be not what you thought it would be.

You can't and shouldn't try to base your happiness on external circumstances. True happiness comes from within.

So again, I advise you to get a physical exam to check for anything such as hormone imbalances that could be causing your depression and constant tiredness, and work on your spiritual relationship with God. But also, do try to get involved in some kind of social activity.
Hi Mike...I recently had my physical as mentioned in the post above; everything came back perfect. For background, I have some general anxiety as well and work a job that's kinda high stressed (at least for me it is)...very fast paced with a 3 hour daily commute. So I think part of me has trouble winding down every night due to the anxiety...so by the end of the week on Friday's I absolutely crash.

I am a believer. But that's about the extent of my spiritual life outside of sometimes I pray. There has been no effort to learn and apply anything.

I don't have any friends...where I live now. I am single and I do know that I need to be happy with myself first but I don't know how to be. I was just thinking before I wrote this post about that. I don't think I love myself else I would be in a happier place and not so bummed out when others don't express caring for me. (I recently had someone I thought would be a good candidate for dating reject me so maybe I'm being triggered to a 'darker place than normal' right now.) I honestly don't know where from within to "find happiness". I've never seen myself as a person most people want to be around...I think even when I'm faking it perhaps people can sense my inner unhappiness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2016, 05:53 PM

8,268 posts, read 8,543,259 times
Seems to me that maybe the praying is the problem, not the solution. Of course, I have no idea what you "shouldn't" have.

But I'm going to make a wild guess that maybe you lack people in your life, since you talk about loneliness. Maybe instead of volunteering to do extra work at your job, you should be volunteering at something you might enjoy, something you might look forward to, after work, on your own time. And, besides that, you might also want to consider looking for a counselor/therapist that you can talk to a bit, in case there's something that triggered all this.

It's really good that you're keeping it together and keep plugging away, but it sounds like you need to broaden your life a bit. Friends aren't going to magically appear - you have to step up and take some action.

Good luck.

Old 02-27-2016, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
I can't add to what the other posters said, particularly the last one, but I can add prayer. Peace
Thank you.

Old 02-27-2016, 05:58 PM

7,880 posts, read 6,689,081 times
Sounds like a demonic spirit called sorbuts, which can bring on a hibernation sleep , especially during the dark winter months .....See this kind of demon is a major pest and a cause to many ailments , and some of these business pay millions of dollars as the businesses get blamed for demonic activities which they never caused at all but the world is blind to these spirits of the flesh ..... You should repent to Jesus and ask Jesus to bless you ......................Father God I bind all these demon spirit bothering the person in Chicago that you know here and bothering all the people throughout America in Jesus name and caste them down in Jesus name ........ Father I loose spiritual wickedness the strong man who hold authority in Jesus name , and bind these up and caste them down in Jesus name , thank you Father all the glory to God

Old 02-27-2016, 06:02 PM

6,822 posts, read 3,147,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southkakkatlantan View Post
Thank you. Usually the doctor and meds and talk therapy is my first resort. I just went to the Dr. a few months ago as well as a few weeks ago...I'm on supplemental Vitamin D already and all of my bloodwork is perfect. I also work out 5 days a week. But right now I just "feel" like prayer is also what I need.

Before being depressed I loved photography. And going out to try new places to eat...with friends. Sometimes planning a short trip with friends and dinners out with them or at my place. I liked listening to music. Jogging. Cooking. I can't say I do any one of these things anymore.

Depression is weird. I think I've been suffering for it for many many years. But about 5 years ago after a breakup, I spiraled way way down a dark hole very quickly and suddenly. I moved out of state away from my small group of friends (I'm really more of a loner at heart so I don't keep a huge circle of friends). Since being away in another region of the country I have made 0 friends. And although part of me wants that, most of me cannot muster up myself to go out and do anything with anyone although I do on rare occasions get invited out. All I can find the motivation to do is work and go to the gym.
See the Dr for a mild anti-depressant. It takes about two weeks for your body to adjust. Making friends is not easy, but people usually respond to a smile, and hello.

Take your camera where ever you go. Start small.

I believe God puts people in your path when you reach out like you did here. I am keeping you in my thoughts.

Old 02-27-2016, 06:35 PM

51,500 posts, read 50,749,733 times
What everyone else said. Been there, too. You may need a different medication. It's not an exact science and sometimes takes some experimentation. And I did just say a prayer for you, too. I hope you feel better. Depression sucks.

Old 02-27-2016, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
See the Dr for a mild anti-depressant. It takes about two weeks for your body to adjust. Making friends is not easy, but people usually respond to a smile, and hello.

Take your camera where ever you go. Start small.

I believe God puts people in your path when you reach out like you did here. I am keeping you in my thoughts.
Thank you.

Old 02-27-2016, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
What everyone else said. Been there, too. You may need a different medication. It's not an exact science and sometimes takes some experimentation. And I did just say a prayer for you, too. I hope you feel better. Depression sucks.
Thank you. And it does suck.

I just hate the thought that I could be living such a better life. And fulfilling my purpose(s) like I should be doing. I could be so much greater.

But when you can't even get out of bed the days you're not working.... My life is going to waste...how bad is that?

I was able to get up and eat some mango just now. An accomplishment for me today.

Old 02-27-2016, 06:54 PM

32,538 posts, read 29,411,852 times
Quote:
Does that make sense?
Yes. I'm no expert..... but I do know what others on this thread have said. There are numerous medications and therapies for depression and it's a matter of finding what works best for you as an individual.

I also would recommend getting involved with others outside of work. Volunteer work, even a few hours on a Saturday, would help you meet new people and give you the chance to have new relationships. What was your passion before the depression set in? Think about that and and think about volunteering in that area. You'll meet like-minded people and have a purpose beyond the grind of work and commute.

I'll definitely pray for you.

Eating the mango was good. Think in baby steps...Accomplishing a little more, even if it seems like a teeny-tiny bit, each day. Oh... and walk. Even if it's just back and forth inside your house to start. Walking is one of the best things we can do for ourselves.

Old 02-27-2016, 06:58 PM

13 posts, read 5,962 times
Quote:
I can't say I'm someone that's living a disastrous life.

I make decent money, and pay my bills and go on vacations, and have food, shelter, clothing, etc.

But I struggle with living every day. Every. Single. Day. At work, I laugh at people's jokes. I volunteer to do extra work and do my job pretty well. I show up every day and fake a positive attitude. It's draining me. Every day it's taking a toll on me to "act normal". And all day all I can think about is sleeping. Being in my bed, asleep, hidden away from life is all I really want to be.

Today in Chicago the weather supposedly was beautiful for what should have been a cold winter day in February. I wouldn't know. I came home and got in the bed at 8 pm last night. Here at 5 pm on a Saturday, besides getting up to pee twice this is the only time I have made it out of the bed. And I didn't want to do that.

I've been tired for a very, very very. Long. Time. And lonelier than anyone should ever experience. And no one understands how this feels. The little energy I have goes to faking that I'm okay. I'm not. But this is my life. And I just don't like living it. I've prayed for things I know I shouldn't have...to just please let me out of this. I know that waking up every day and having a "new chance" so to speak is supposed to be a blessing. But for me I just don't get it...a blessing how? All I do is go to work and pay bills and hope for a retirement one day that may very well never come. It's been years since I've had any interest in doing...anything. I can't think of anything besides sleep (and sometimes eating) that I look forward to.
For how long have you been like this?
Winter is a common time of the year to get depressed, less sun light, more indoor activities and solitude. Your hormones are not okay and your brain is processing it the way it should, badly. I think you should be conscious about it and do not let it drag you down, is quite tricky what we can do to ourselves. I just wonder what is going on with your social life. Any friends, family, people you really like to stick with and help you crawl up? Though you have to get some professional help, prayers won't make your humors go back to normal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or