U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-28-2016, 02:51 PM
 
7,860 posts, read 6,668,091 times
Reputation: 1371

Advertisements

Actually you should not copy the web page , only comment on it and give the web page as this thread could be deleted by CD Forum for copy right .......... Still people should not judge all Christians just because of a few legalistic judge mentalist Christians who spend their time knocking the world , ...........................See God Jesus is the judge and part of His attribute is justice , But Jesus comes with the ability to redeem evil off people , and make them good people through the spirit on man , where Christians need to tap into Jesus and His redemption through their authority with Jesus , but if the world reject Jesus and His redemption then they will just die in their sins , See love is not the only thing God prefers , justice is also what God prefers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-28-2016, 03:04 PM
 
Location: Southern Oregon
15,551 posts, read 7,004,990 times
Reputation: 1604
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowdog View Post
Wow, seems like a rude response to me. Seems that just by posting two verses of the Holy Bible I've been judged by someone claiming I shouldn't judge (and I didn't judge). Next I guess you are going to tell me you are inclusive while building a wall against me ... Just what the OP said about Christians which you claimed to support, until now.


BTW- I know exactly what the verses mean.
You don't read very well, do you? That comes under the heading of continuing to throw eggs at the brick wall. The individual response comes under the heading of "when there is ANY indication that the individual might consider that being a part of that wall is inappropriate."

You don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2016, 03:42 PM
 
17,742 posts, read 8,879,421 times
Reputation: 1491
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowdog View Post
"Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple." Romans 16:17-18
What I have learned, may not be the same as you or anyone else.
So, where does this nourishment come from, if not from the heart?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2016, 05:28 PM
 
Location: Southern Oregon
15,551 posts, read 7,004,990 times
Reputation: 1604
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowdog View Post
"Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple." Romans 16:17-18
So, cowdog, what happens when the divisive doctrines have worked their way into orthodoxy? How should we deal with that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2016, 07:07 PM
Status: "More than chromosomes." (set 7 days ago)
 
Location: Anderson, IN
4,070 posts, read 1,146,688 times
Reputation: 2485
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Bet you already had similar ideas and thoughts! We either see the truth in our lives, or we FEAR the truth and cling to myths.

I am still appalled that a minister here once said THE MEEK GET RUN OVER AND TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF..


So very fundie sad. When I first came to Christ, life was all about SERVICE to the least of us--even if you were among the least--life was to be loved like Jesus, who had no [place to lay his head--who had NO CHURCH. Or the widow and her mite--who gave ALL as opposed to the wealthy who gave MILLIONS and yet had BILLIONS left...

We have forgotten the meaning of sacrifice. Today's modern christian (lower case is INTENTIONAL) is all about prosperity and blessings--A real Christian (or any spiritual person, because the christian cult in no way has a strangle hold on God) steps out their door in the morning or what ever time they start their day--they recognize the wondrous works the Deity has done and continues to do.

They see the suffering of humanity.
They see the foolishness of WEALTH.
They see the hunger of the poor
They see the sickness of the uninsured
They see the oppression of the marginalized
They see the rejection of their neighbor

AND THEY DIE UNTO THEMSELVES A LITTLE BIT EACH DAY.
They can empathize with the PAIN of each NAIL being pounded
They can feel the pressure He experienced to just CRUSH THE WORLD
They can embrace the LOVE that kept Him on that cross
They can gather the strength to RESIST the same
They WILL rise up and proclaim IT IT FINISHED!

Time we LIVED out Isaiah 61....

And it will not be just Christians who change the world--It will include ALL people who thirst for MERCY, JUSTICE and LOVE.

A label is just window dressing, the contents of one's character is what matters..
Damn. I really admire you. I agree there are a lot of people playing at being a Christian, without knowing what sacrifice, love, justice and mercy really look like. It makes me pretty fundie sad too. And angry that I am so misrepresented by fundamentalists who love to talk the walk, but when it comes to the actual walking in Jesus' shadow, it seems too much for them. I'm going to do a deep study of Isaiah 61. I also definitely believe God is far too big for any one religion. It's said that Jesus is the only way to God; but I wonder if he appears differently to different people, or cultures? Meeting those people where they are. Jesus can be found in church, but I think he can be just as easily be found in a mosque, or synagogue, or taking in someone who is homeless. The inclusiveness of Jesus' ministry leads me to believe that even if someone else's path looks different, Jesus is walking with them, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2016, 07:13 PM
Status: "More than chromosomes." (set 7 days ago)
 
Location: Anderson, IN
4,070 posts, read 1,146,688 times
Reputation: 2485
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Actually you should not copy the web page , only comment on it and give the web page as this thread could be deleted by CD Forum for copy right .......... Still people should not judge all Christians just because of a few legalistic judge mentalist Christians who spend their time knocking the world , ...........................See God Jesus is the judge and part of His attribute is justice , But Jesus comes with the ability to redeem evil off people , and make them good people through the spirit on man , where Christians need to tap into Jesus and His redemption through their authority with Jesus , but if the world reject Jesus and His redemption then they will just die in their sins , See love is not the only thing God prefers , justice is also what God prefers

You're right hljc, thank you. I'll not copy the webpage without permission, and be more mindful of that in the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2016, 07:32 PM
 
Location: GOVERNMENT of TRAITORS & NAZIS
20,582 posts, read 22,733,728 times
Reputation: 7627
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Damn. I really admire you. I agree there are a lot of people playing at being a Christian, without knowing what sacrifice, love, justice and mercy really look like. It makes me pretty fundie sad too. And angry that I am so misrepresented by fundamentalists who love to talk the walk, but when it comes to the actual walking in Jesus' shadow, it seems too much for them. I'm going to do a deep study of Isaiah 61. I also definitely believe God is far too big for any one religion. It's said that Jesus is the only way to God; but I wonder if he appears differently to different people, or cultures? Meeting those people where they are. Jesus can be found in church, but I think he can be just as easily be found in a mosque, or synagogue, or taking in someone who is homeless. The inclusiveness of Jesus' ministry leads me to believe that even if someone else's path looks different, Jesus is walking with them, too.
We are not alone. There are many who believe the message and mission have been hijacked and twisted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2016, 10:00 PM
 
21 posts, read 19,796 times
Reputation: 17
If you take away Jesus from religion all you get is a church that will make you feel shame, angry, judgmental and all around negative. Christians are supposed to know that God never wanted to show himself as the god of the cosmic's but a heavenly father.

Religious hypocrisy should be confronted but most of the time it ends in failure because the other person can't understand the love of christ because it is actually foreign to him/her. It will take years (at best) for them to discover this themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-29-2016, 05:30 AM
 
Location: GOVERNMENT of TRAITORS & NAZIS
20,582 posts, read 22,733,728 times
Reputation: 7627
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Actually you should not copy the web page , only comment on it and give the web page as this thread could be deleted by CD Forum for copy right .......... Still people should not judge all Christians just because of a few legalistic judge mentalist Christians who spend their time knocking the world , ...........................See God Jesus is the judge and part of His attribute is justice , But Jesus comes with the ability to redeem evil off people , and make them good people through the spirit on man , where Christians need to tap into Jesus and His redemption through their authority with Jesus , but if the world reject Jesus and His redemption then they will just die in their sins , See love is not the only thing God prefers , justice is also what God prefers
So are you suggesting that without Jesus redeeming evil off people, we are incapable of being / doing good?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-29-2016, 07:05 AM
 
6,814 posts, read 3,134,809 times
Reputation: 2373
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowdog View Post
Wow, seems like a rude response to me.
ahahahahahha This coming from the man who called me a wh**e on this site. When I stood, you promised not to report me to the mods. How very Christian of you cowbell.

Ah yes, I remember it well.

Last edited by RonkonkomaNative; 02-29-2016 at 07:16 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top