U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Who gets your loyality first?
Almighty God 22 81.48%
Your Country 5 18.52%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-02-2016, 02:53 PM
 
741 posts, read 272,248 times
Reputation: 62

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
"So if you go to war and kill your neighbor that is murder. Plain and simple. ... War is a violation of 'you must love your neighbor', it is evil"

There is a simple flaw in your humanistic conclusions,
" Plain and simple ... go to war ... and kill your neighbor that is murder."
Jesus never stated such.
“You heard that it was said to those of ancient times: ‘You must not murder, but whoever commits a murder will be accountable to the court of justice.’ However, I say to you that everyone who continues wrathful with his brother will be accountable to the court of justice; and whoever addresses his brother with an unspeakable word of contempt will be accountable to the Supreme Court; whereas whoever says, ‘You despicable fool!’ will be liable to the fiery Ge·henʹna."

Yes, he did state as such. In fact Jesus said even if we stay wrathful with another we can be held accountable in the court of justice, like a murderer.

"Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has everlasting life remaining in him."-1 John 3:15.


Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-02-2016, 03:13 PM
 
Location: On the Edge of the Fringe
4,651 posts, read 3,740,901 times
Reputation: 3919
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Timothy316 View Post
“You heard that it was said to those of ancient times: ‘You must not murder, but whoever commits a murder will be accountable to the court of justice.’ However, I say to you that everyone who continues wrathful with his brother will be accountable to the court of justice; and whoever addresses his brother with an unspeakable word of contempt will be accountable to the Supreme Court; whereas whoever says, ‘You despicable fool!’ will be liable to the fiery Ge·henʹna."


what was meant by

whereas whoever says, ‘You despicable fool!’ will be liable to the fiery Ge·henʹna."


Also, I found this interesting passage
James Joyce in his book Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man
there is an exchange between the character's father and a priest over a Thanksgiving meal.

Dante cries, “God and religion before the world!” Mr. Casey smashes his fist on the table, screaming, “if it comes to that, no God for Ireland!” Joyce concludes the scene with a tableau: Dante has left the room, followed by Mrs. Dedalus. Mr. Casey is wailing, calling Parnell his “dead king.” And Stephen sees that his father’s face is “full of tears.”

So what of us who do not want a God, or more specifically, YOUR God? IN america, we have that choice, verily I say unto thee, we have made that choice. We have allowed god to die and we have mourned and moved on. There is no fiery Gehenna anymore, there is only the human efforts to save our country, our world, no gods needed.



When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
Stephen Roberts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2016, 03:14 PM
 
Location: On a road heaven bound !
10,290 posts, read 8,049,469 times
Reputation: 17783
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Timothy316 View Post
“You heard that it was said to those of ancient times: ‘You must not murder, but whoever commits a murder will be accountable to the court of justice.’ However, I say to you that everyone who continues wrathful with his brother will be accountable to the court of justice; and whoever addresses his brother with an unspeakable word of contempt will be accountable to the Supreme Court; whereas whoever says, ‘You despicable fool!’ will be liable to the fiery Ge·henʹna."

Yes, he did state as such. In fact Jesus said even if we stay wrathful with another we can be held accountable in the court of justice, like a murderer.

"Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has everlasting life remaining in him."-1 John 3:15.

Then why are you hating us and falsely accusing us as you have stated and done it many times in this thread to those in whom do not agree with you ?
So it seems I guess the reality of the truth of God's word that really is it is you in whom is a murderer and like the scripture says, has no everlasting life remaining in you !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2016, 03:21 PM
 
741 posts, read 272,248 times
Reputation: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Then why are you hating us and falsely accusing us as you have stated and done it many times in this thread to those in whom do not agree with you ?
So it seems I guess the reality of the truth of God's word that really is it is you in whom is a murderer and like the scripture says, has no everlasting life remaining in you !
I am not hating anyone. Quite the opposite. Just as I would see a person heading off a cliff I'd try to see if I could get them to alter their course. It's a warning out of love for my fellow man, not hate. If I Hated a person, I'd tell them to go war and die. I have never given that advice.

Last edited by 2Timothy316; 03-02-2016 at 03:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2016, 03:50 PM
 
Location: On a road heaven bound !
10,290 posts, read 8,049,469 times
Reputation: 17783
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Timothy316 View Post
I am not hating you. I'm warning you. Just as I would see a person heading off a cliff I'd try to change their course. That warning is out of love not hate.
If I Hated a person, I'd tell them to go war and die.
Wait a minute..... your not warning, you're saying awful things to ppl and falsely accusing them of things they are not ! Putting ppl on the defense is not love !
Love does no harm to their neighbor and it seems you have done nothing but try and harm those that don't agree with you !!

This is love, the love of God,

Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth ; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails; 1Cor.13:4-8

And this I have not seen come from you !!!!

The beginning of that scripture 1Cor. 13:1-3 states,

If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.

all we have heard is a noisy gong or clanging cymbal with a demonstration of beating one breast , is not love !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2016, 04:08 PM
 
741 posts, read 272,248 times
Reputation: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Wait a minute..... your not warning, you're saying awful things to ppl and falsely accusing them of things they are not ! Putting ppl on the defense is not love !
Love does no harm to their neighbor and it seems you have done nothing but try and harm those that don't agree with you !!

This is love, the love of God,

Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth ; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails; 1Cor.13:4-8

And this I have not seen come from you !!!!

The beginning of that scripture 1Cor. 13:1-3 states,

If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.

all we have heard is a noisy gong or clanging cymbal with a demonstration of beating one breast , is not love !
"True, no discipline seems for the present to be joyous, but it is painful; yet afterward, it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it." - Hebrews 12:11

"Should the righteous one strike me, it would be an act of loyal love;Should he reprove me, it would be like oil on my head,
Which my head would never refuse.
My prayer will continue even during their calamities."
Psalms 141:5

"A rebuke makes a deeper impression on one having understanding
Than striking a stupid person a hundred times." - Proverbs 17:10

"Do not reprove a ridiculer, or he will hate you.
Reprove a wise person, and he will love you." - Proverbs 9:8

"Whoever reproves a man+ will afterward find more favor
Than someone who flatters with his tongue." - Proverbs 28:23

"for it is the one the Lord loves that he disciplines, and he whips every son that he accepts.” - Hebrews 12:6



If what the Bible is telling you hurts, don't worry, it's just correction. You will survive. I have been there a few times. But if you don't listen then it what else can you expect when true harm comes to you?

The Bible hurting your feelings vs joining an army of the kings of the world and fighting Jesus....which is worse?




Last edited by 2Timothy316; 03-02-2016 at 04:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2016, 04:35 PM
 
Location: On a road heaven bound !
10,290 posts, read 8,049,469 times
Reputation: 17783
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Timothy316 View Post
"True, no discipline seems for the present to be joyous, but it is painful; yet afterward, it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it." - Hebrews 12:11

"Should the righteous one strike me, it would be an act of loyal love;Should he reprove me, it would be like oil on my head,
Which my head would never refuse.
My prayer will continue even during their calamities."
Psalms 141:5


"A rebuke makes a deeper impression on one having understanding
Than striking a stupid person a hundred times." - Proverbs 17:10

"Do not reprove a ridiculer, or he will hate you.
Reprove a wise person, and he will love you." - Proverbs 9:8


"Whoever reproves a man+ will afterward find more favor
Than someone who flatters with his tongue." - Proverbs 28:23


"for it is the one the Lord loves that he disciplines, and he whips every son that he accepts.” - Hebrews 12:6



If what the Bible is telling you hurts, don't worry, it's just correction. You will survive. But if you don't listen then you're on your own.







You are not God and do not have that authority to do any correction to anyone even though you believe in your superiority over others.
I'm sorry but when one is following a doctrine that teaches heresy I have no interest in what they claim ! For they have not been taught God's truth !

Anyway, IF God is going to discipline me He will do it Himself not using you and I do know the voice of my Lord God and Savior Jesus Christ, and I haven't heard Him in all that you have posted !

By the way did you ever think it is God correcting you in what you are doing and saying to other's as you are the one who God showed that scripture too.

Usually when one is pointing their finger at another they seem to forget there are three pointing right back at them !

This is my last post to you as I won't play your mind games ! I know what you believe as I know quite a bit about JW's and I don't even want to go there . God will take care of what you believe and teach !!

Have a nice evening !
I'll be praying for you to see the true Light of Christ and His Truth !!

ETA: It isn't the Bible hurting my feelings it is you !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2016, 04:38 PM
 
741 posts, read 272,248 times
Reputation: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
You are not God and do not have that authority to do any correction to anyone even though you believe in your superiority over others.
Which is why I quote from the Bible. Does the Bible have any authority in your life? I am not except from the Bible's commandments. Thus I am not superior to anyone. So you are putting words in my mouth. So I don't think it is about what I think of you but what you must think of yourself. In which case, cheer up, "for it is the one the Lord loves that he disciplines.” - Hebrews 12:6
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2016, 10:44 PM
 
Location: arizona ... most of the time
11,825 posts, read 9,826,600 times
Reputation: 1302
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
"So if you go to war and kill your neighbor that is murder. Plain and simple. ... War is a violation of 'you must love your neighbor', it is evil"

There is a simple flaw in your humanistic conclusions,
" Plain and simple ... go to war ... and kill your neighbor that is murder."
Jesus never stated such.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Timothy316 View Post
“You heard that it was said to those of ancient times: ‘You must not murder, but whoever commits a murder will be accountable to the court of justice.’ However, I say to you that everyone who continues wrathful with his brother will be accountable to the court of justice; and whoever addresses his brother with an unspeakable word of contempt will be accountable to the Supreme Court; whereas whoever says, ‘You despicable fool!’ will be liable to the fiery Ge·henʹna."

Yes, he did state as such. In fact Jesus said even if we stay wrathful with another we can be held accountable in the court of justice, like a murderer.

"Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has everlasting life remaining in him."-1 John 3:15.
Sorry ... Jesus did not equate war (one country against another) as murder in terms as you implying.

If Jesus meant to say "war" where you are inserting the equivalent as "murder", he certainly has the ability to ... but Jesus did not.

But just for you during this Lenten Season from all the Veterans
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2016, 11:37 PM
 
Location: Divided Tribes of America
12,920 posts, read 4,946,106 times
Reputation: 4999
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Being that God tells us:
1) Submission to authorities because government is established by God for his purpose Romans 13

2) A Time for everything Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 which ends with "a time for war, and a time for peace"

The truth is it is out of love for God that if your country goes to war and you're asked to serve, you do so.
Ah Romans 13. The ultimate trump card!

Who needs all that stupid hippie crap from Jesus when we've got Romans 13. Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
And God established governments as his agent in part for "But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer"

Fact is your premise is the proverbial nose of the camel peering into the business of the Judge's right to deal with his creation that is under his control.
So even the Godless Red Army was doing God's work? And Mao's People's Liberation Army too? Interesting.

I wonder why we had that whole Truman Doctrine to contain God's work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top