U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who gets your loyality first?
Almighty God 22 81.48%
Your Country 5 18.52%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 03:39 AM

20,597 posts, read 22,756,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Sorry ... Jesus did not equate war (one country against another) as murder in terms as you implying.

If Jesus meant to say "war" where you are inserting the equivalent as "murder", he certainly has the ability to ... but Jesus did not.

But just for you during this Lenten Season from all the Veterans
So going off and killing innocent people one has never met because the government says they are bad people is OK with Jesus?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2016, 04:19 AM

5,491 posts, read 4,566,174 times
I rely on the Holy Spirit to guide me in all that I do ,particularly in things concerning the lives of others.
What God guides me to do is not necessarily policy for any one else, just the same as all soldiers do not do the same task, though they take orders from the same commanding officer.
Obedience to God is on a personal level .
If you don't know that, you've been lied to.

Old 03-03-2016, 06:55 AM

17,992 posts, read 9,875,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
What God guides me to do is not necessarily policy for any one else, just the same as all soldiers do not do the same task, though they take orders from the same commanding officer.
Obedience to God is on a personal level .
This is a different facet from the topic, but let me continue with this analogy, because comparing Christianity to the military is one of the four analogies used in scripture itself.

A Navy aircraft carrier has the basic mission of using military combat aircraft to carry war to a distant enemy. A carrier is a huge ship--commonly carrying a crew of five thousand sailors. Yet, of those five thousand sailors, only about seventy-five actually get into airplanes and fly against the enemy. The other 4,925 never fire a shot at anyone.

But every single one of those 4,925 has an essential job to do every single day in order for those 75 to meet the enemy.

In fact, there are people on the aircraft carrier who don't do anything but wash clothes, mop floors, and scrub toilets. Now, doing the laundry might seem far removed from war...but in order for those 75 to meet the enemy, someone has to be faithful in getting the laundry done.

Old 03-04-2016, 03:41 PM

741 posts, read 271,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Sorry ... Jesus did not equate war (one country against another) as murder in terms as you implying.

If Jesus meant to say "war" where you are inserting the equivalent as "murder", he certainly has the ability to ... but Jesus did not.

But just for you during this Lenten Season from all the Veterans
How many 'Christians ' killed other 'Christians' in WWII? Are Christians supposed to be brothers or not?

“You have heard that it was said to the ancients ‘You shall not commit murder; and whoever commits murder shall be liable to judgment.’ But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother shall be liable to judgment;" -Matthew 5:21, 22

How many true Christian bothers killed each other in WWII? None, because they refused to fight. Some died because they wouldn't fight. In many counties, including the USA and Canada some people were put to death for not joining the fight in WWII. Those that died were truly courageous and those that killed them might have to answer for it.

Old 03-04-2016, 05:37 PM

1 posts, read 350 times
I voted Almighty God

A «country» means practically nothing... I have no country.
I live "somewhere", I respect the "rules" around here... but «The Earth is only one Country».
GOD is everything.

Old 03-04-2016, 07:41 PM

15,207 posts, read 8,247,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
So going off and killing innocent people one has never met because the government says they are bad people is OK with Jesus?
Depends. Are they (another country) doing that to us?

Old 03-04-2016, 07:43 PM

35,121 posts, read 37,884,390 times
God, family,everything else

Old 03-04-2016, 08:06 PM

20,597 posts, read 22,756,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Depends. Are they (another country) doing that to us?
that would be justification? each side believes god is with them and that the other are infidel dogs--

Old 03-04-2016, 08:13 PM

15,207 posts, read 8,247,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
that would be justification? each side believes god is with them and that the other are infidel dogs--
Has nothing to do with whose side God is on. We must protect our homeland.

Old 03-04-2016, 08:18 PM

32,538 posts, read 29,368,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Timothy316 View Post

How many true Christian bothers killed each other in WWII? None, because they refused to fight.
Oh, boy. One more person who thinks he/she can decide who is a Christian and who isn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or