U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 05:37 PM

13,459 posts, read 4,319,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Your perspective is disputed by many biblical commentaries:

Joel 2 - Matthew Henry's Commentary - Bible Commentary

Joel 2 Commentary - Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible

Joel 2 - The Day of the Lord and the Restoration of the Lord

You are wrong. Joel 2 has nothing to do with a marriage ceremony, nor is there any other place in the bible that does.
LOL, I just got through showing you scripture after scripture of a Messiah betrothing people to him, about a wedding, about a wedding banquet about brides of Christ being able to enter the bridal chamber, prophesies of God marrying Israel, prophesies of a Messiah betrothing himself to Gentiles, and then you say it doesn't exist in scripture lol.

You give me bible commentaries of people who don't know much if anything about the 7 feasts of Christ. Those are Christian commentaries and while they have much to teach, they are not often aware what is taking place on feast days.

I am having doubts whether you know anything of the 7 feasts of Christ and their missions, or what is done by the priests on the feast days and what is said and done in tradition in a marriage.

If you didn't accept all those scriptures I gave you about a betrothal, about a wedding, about a consummation, about a wedding banquet, then I could give you a whole new list of scriptures saying the same thing but if you say the scriptures don't exist, I suppose they wont exist in your mind.

But the fact remains, Jesus entered his bride on Pentecost as new Adam, and Adam is the new husband, and on that day, they became one whether you would agree or not.

Maybe it is too esoteric for you but a marriage between a male spirit and the flesh is just that, a marriage and when the groom has entered into the bride, a marriage has just taken place, a betrothal is legally binding as a marriage and we have become the bride of Christ.

WHEN?

When he entered his disciples on Shavuot, and the two became one.

Maybe aint your kind of marriage but then you don't even believe in God do you, and how would you understand spiritual things if you can't even acknowledge the physical aspects of a Jewish wedding?

It was under a chupah just as it was at the mountain and fire hovered over the heads just as it was at the mountain where God betrothed Israel to himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2016, 05:55 PM

Joel 2

The Biblical marriage takes place under a wedding canopy known in Hebrew as a "chuppah." The room in the house where the marriage is consummated following the wedding vows is called a "cheder." The word "chuppah" is the word (2346) in the Strong's Concordance. The word "cheder" is the Strong's word (2315). We can see this truth in Joel 2:16 as it is written:

''Gather the people, sanctify the congregation, assemble the elders, gather the children, and those that suck the breasts: let the bridegroom{Jesus} go forth from his chamber{2315=''cheder''} and the bride out of her closet{2646 =''chupah''}

In Psalm 19:5 it is written:
Which is as a bridegroom coming our of his chamber{2646 =Chupah}

Old 03-08-2016, 06:11 PM

4,083 posts, read 1,167,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
If his moral conviction is that he doesn't want what the Girl Scouts stands for, why do think you have the right to criticize?

Those of us that don't appreciate the Girl Scouts think it's the leaders of the organization that are hurting the children and we don't want to be a part of it.
From the site: "Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place."

This is what the Girl Scouts stand for. What kind of an [expletive] do you have to be to not support that?

Old 03-08-2016, 06:27 PM

10,202 posts, read 5,769,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Joel 2

The Biblical marriage takes place under a wedding canopy known in Hebrew as a "chuppah." The room in the house where the marriage is consummated following the wedding vows is called a "cheder." The word "chuppah" is the word (2346) in the Strong's Concordance. The word "cheder" is the Strong's word (2315). We can see this truth in Joel 2:16 as it is written:

''Gather the people, sanctify the congregation, assemble the elders, gather the children, and those that suck the breasts: let the bridegroom{Jesus} go forth from his chamber{2315=''cheder''} and the bride out of her closet{2646 =''chupah''}

In Psalm 19:5 it is written:
Which is as a bridegroom coming our of his chamber{2646 =Chupah}
Word salad. Your repeating yourself.

Old 03-08-2016, 06:28 PM

Quote:
LOL, I just got through showing you scripture after scripture of a Messiah betrothing people to him, about a wedding, about a wedding banquet about brides of Christ being able to enter the bridal chamber, prophesies of God marrying Israel, prophesies of a Messiah betrothing himself to Gentiles, and then you say it doesn't exist in scripture lol.

You give me bible commentaries of people who don't know much if anything about the 7 feasts of Christ. Those are Christian commentaries and while they have much to teach, they are not often aware what is taking place on feast days.......
Marshall Henry is well regarded, and the other sites are often quoted by people who teach scripture. Your perspectives are singularly yours. Apparently you take the stance you are right, and everyone else in this world is wrong.

How humble and gracious of you.

Old 03-08-2016, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Marshall Henry is well regarded, and the other sites are often quoted by people who teach scripture. Your perspectives are singularly yours. Apparently you take the stance you are right, and everyone else in this world is wrong.

How humble and gracious of you.
My opinions and perspectives come from studying who Jesus was and is.

I am not a Christian, but for 2000 years Christianity has rejected the knowledge of Christ in his feast days so much that I can speak of the most important day in a Christian's life and they haven't a clue what I am referring to. If you don't know something, it's not that you are wise or stupid, it's just because you don't know a thing.

I don't know who Marshell Henry is but if he and I sat down and had a talk about Shemini Atzereth, would he even know what I was talking about?

I lived as a Christian who studied all the time for 40 years but I never had a clue about the feast days of Jesus because Christianity has rejected the knowledge of Jesus to the point that Revelation looks like something that nobody could read, but it is just showing the fall feast days, and most people do not know the feast days.

I can give you scriptures of a betrothal, of a wedding, of a consummation, of a wedding banquet, of brides entering their chambers and coming out, of brides giving birth to sons of God.

I can show you how the design of the Temple is made in human anatomy and the veil is a veil of a virgin with no door and behind that veil is a uterus.

I could show you the comings and goings of a priest and how for centuries it was showing priests trying to get a virgin pregnant with no result. I can show you a consummation when that veil was rent in two and the earth being planted with a seed, and the earth gave forth her first born son in Jesus who was raised from the dead and taken from a tomb like he left the womb.

But I am speaking about feast days in particular and what it takes for a bride to make a wedding garment in preparation for the coming of her husband, how it is that millions of people are claiming themselves brides who are betrothed and exactly what they are waiting upon.

But would you really be interested.

Should I give you a whole new list of scriptures talking about how God has demanded his bride to be this or to be that and how it is that she gives birth?

But those experts you give me are not experts in my eyes but then Christianity is a religion that has been COMPLETELY AGAINST JEWISH FEASTS.

Those feasts are the feasts of the bride and the bridegroom and they are particular instructions for the bride, I cannot help if this sort of information has been rejected for 2000 years.

Old 03-08-2016, 07:07 PM

This wedding thing is nothing new. If you go into the Judaism forum and ask them if a Ketubah was given under a Chupah where God betrothed himself to Israel, what would the Jews say?

If you ask Christians if they are brides of Christ waiting on a wedding Banquet, what would they say?

Everything is about the betrothal, about the husband going to prepare a place, and then to come and gather his bride, and then to consummate and go on a honeymoon, and then the wedding banquet comes.

How many Christians would say that YES, a wedding banquet IS coming?

Old 03-08-2016, 08:08 PM

Quote:
My opinions and perspectives come from studying who Jesus was and is.

I am not a Christian, but for 2000 years Christianity has rejected the knowledge of Christ in his feast days so much that I can speak of the most important day in a Christian's life and they haven't a clue what I am referring to. If you don't know something, it's not that you are wise or stupid, it's just because you don't know a thing.

I don't know who Marshell Henry is but if he and I sat down and had a talk about Shemini Atzereth, would he even know what I was talking about?

I lived as a Christian who studied all the time for 40 years but I never had a clue about the feast days of Jesus because Christianity has rejected the knowledge of Jesus to the point that Revelation looks like something that nobody could read, but it is just showing the fall feast days, and most people do not know the feast days.

I can give you scriptures of a betrothal, of a wedding, of a consummation, of a wedding banquet, of brides entering their chambers and coming out, of brides giving birth to sons of God.

I can show you how the design of the Temple is made in human anatomy and the veil is a veil of a virgin with no door and behind that veil is a uterus.

I could show you the comings and goings of a priest and how for centuries it was showing priests trying to get a virgin pregnant with no result. I can show you a consummation when that veil was rent in two and the earth being planted with a seed, and the earth gave forth her first born son in Jesus who was raised from the dead and taken from a tomb like he left the womb.

But I am speaking about feast days in particular and what it takes for a bride to make a wedding garment in preparation for the coming of her husband, how it is that millions of people are claiming themselves brides who are betrothed and exactly what they are waiting upon.

But would you really be interested.

Should I give you a whole new list of scriptures talking about how God has demanded his bride to be this or to be that and how it is that she gives birth?

But those experts you give me are not experts in my eyes but then Christianity is a religion that has been COMPLETELY AGAINST JEWISH FEASTS.

Those feasts are the feasts of the bride and the bridegroom and they are particular instructions for the bride, I cannot help if this sort of information has been rejected for 2000 years.
Quote:
This wedding thing is nothing new. If you go into the Judaism forum and ask them if a Ketubah was given under a Chupah where God betrothed himself to Israel, what would the Jews say?

If you ask Christians if they are brides of Christ waiting on a wedding Banquet, what would they say?

Everything is about the betrothal, about the husband going to prepare a place, and then to come and gather his bride, and then to consummate and go on a honeymoon, and then the wedding banquet comes.

How many Christians would say that YES, a wedding banquet IS coming?
So your not a christian. OK. You defend scripture like one.

Are you going to tell me, (and the rest of us) that the scripture you quote is god inspired? That is a common perspective fundamentalists perpetuate. I just want to understand where you're coming from.

Old 03-08-2016, 09:02 PM

Quote:
So your not a christian. OK. You defend scripture like one.

Are you going to tell me, (and the rest of us) that the scripture you quote is god inspired? That is a common perspective fundamentalists perpetuate. I just want to understand where you're coming from.
I am anything but a fundamentalist, I believe in the big bang, I believe in evolution and I believe the bible teaches both, and it teaches how the moon slammed into the earth.

I would say that in the last 3 decades the world has changed so dramatically in increasing knowledge that Daniel spoke of, and everyone and they grandma can pull up anything they want at anytime, not like I did in the 80's when I went from book store to book store and library, but knowledge of all the great wise men are at our fingertip and more and more people are learning the feasts of Christ and this has been locked away until now.

For the first time people are actually reading the book of Revelation and it makes sense for the first time to those who know Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, Sukkot, Shemini Atzereth because that's all Revelation is.

For almost 2000 years you would never hear somebody saying,'' God told me, or, I had a vision.''

You wouldn't hear people saying stuff like that till the last few decades and I believe it is because so many people are bible scholars and they have come up to a point in their walk where they become a false prophet.

But that is another discussion.

People claim to have the spirit of Pentecost when this is a particular individual spirit with great power, and although millions claim to have this spirit, they do not, and it is obvious isn't it?

So many people look at that and lose faith in God because there are all those promises of what a person can do, and none can do them and yet people go on speaking about the Holy spirit having no gifts of said spirit.

The reason being is that the knowledge of these spirits has been rejected and hidden for all these years and people are beginning to know the difference in the first promise and the last promise and how the first goes it's way.

So you are presented with a Christianity that does not know the visitation days of her own husband, of her own bridegroom when he comes calling and what is given when.

People readily speak about a latter rain falling when they don't really know what the latter rain is and if it had fallen, everyone would know it.

There is so much confusion simply because the feasts of Jesus have been hidden but now they are being learned, and the gospel of the kingdom is going to be heard soon, it has never been heard before.

Old 03-08-2016, 09:08 PM

Here is a scripture that is God ordained.

'Jeremiah 31

How long will you go here and there, O faithless daughter? For the LORD has created a new thing in the earth-- A woman will encompass a man."

This is now how a woman will give birth, not to little babies, but a woman will give birth to a full grown man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or