U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 10:06 PM

6,450 posts, read 7,553,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The internet and on-line missionary programs have opened the doors for the Gospel to get to places like Iran and it is spreading like a wildfire.
That same "internet" you speak of Finn is creating at least three times as many Western hating Islamic radicals as we type away here on CD. Maybe not entirely in Iran, which by all accounts is more open to change than other ME cesspools, but the numbers in their entirety do matter.

If God really wanted too, he could send mass death to hard line Islamic countries (kinda like he sent mass death and destruction to those who hated the people of Israel in the OT), but in the real world, we know this type of stuff doesn't really happen.

I guess only time will tell. Personally, I think the majority of the ME will be stuck in the stone age for the better part of the next 300 years. They already had their chance and they blew it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2016, 10:06 PM

8,578 posts, read 5,113,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livelystone View Post
I have not said there ever was a golden age of Christ in this country.......... the OT Jews never had a "golden age of Christ" as you put it but God honored them when they walked in obedience fulfilling all that could be fulfilled as per the dispensation of grace they lived under............. Get it?

Meanwhile you post the same words twice as if there is something in them worth remembering............. NOT!

However, it is no surprise to me to see you think your own posts are worth repeating
It's already been repeated a hundred times before by more than just me--but like all fundamentalists a thousand times would never be enough and one is too many. But I wanted to be sure you read at least one of them since most of your posts are self-indulgent and frequently play to the "woe are christians in America" crowd.

And just so you know your own words that contradict your last post--here they are again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livelystone View Post
Maybe it has more to do with the principality of evil that has made so much progress against a country that once feared God............ now it is considered politically correct in this country to deny the same God who used to bless this country..................way back when it gave God His reverence due and we did not slaughter millions of innocents nor deny children the right to pray in school
Livelystone post#4

How did you think those words would be taken? Got a "I'm misunderstood" story?

Now you retract what you said the first time? Give us a break. Study basic American history. There has NEVER, EVER been a time in our history that there weren't a crapload of religious people trying to dominate this nation or some segments of society--exactly like they (you) are trying to do now. The difference is, people now have the cojones to tell all of you what you really are. And you're crying "foul" after all the foul all of you have put upon the American people for well over two centuries. But none of it was "closer" to God. It was further away. Now we are running some of the Pharisees out of business and they can't take the heat they've passed out for over 250 years.

Old 03-03-2016, 10:40 PM

598 posts, read 240,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Iran has a total population of 78 million. Do the math.

Unfortunately, the theocracy is not threatened. These are brave people, though.
Can't help but wonder if history will have a chance to repeat itself.

In the OT and 100 years before it happened God told Isaiah he would raise up Cyrus King of the Persians (modern day Iran) who would set the called out ones free from bondage to Babylon

So He did and the Jews with Ezra and Nehemiah returned to build up the walls and the temple unto the Messiah Jesus Christ

Unfortunately it does not seem to prophesying anything going on over there these days

Old 03-03-2016, 11:01 PM

26,198 posts, read 14,090,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Iran has a total population of 78 million. Do the math.

Unfortunately, the theocracy is not threatened. These are brave people, though.
Never said it was threatened... but in that environment, it is good news.

Old 03-04-2016, 03:35 AM

7,857 posts, read 6,662,302 times
The persecution against Christian in the west is the outwardly rejection of Jesus , which is family to most Christians ......... like how would you hear it that your family member was outwardly rejected by masses of people and it is a custom which is common and no forgiving ....................Where persecution against Christians in Iran is that they will crucify the Christians from crane lifts

Old 03-04-2016, 05:30 AM

20,551 posts, read 22,715,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
The persecution against Christian in the west is the outwardly rejection of Jesus , which is family to most Christians ......... like how would you hear it that your family member was outwardly rejected by masses of people and it is a custom which is common and no forgiving ....................Where persecution against Christians in Iran is that they will crucify the Christians from crane lifts
Oh contraire mon frère, it is the REJECTION of closed-minded conservationism.

Remember what Gandhi said--I LIKE YOUR CHRIST, IT IS HIS FOLLOWERS THAT SCARE ME..

Old 03-04-2016, 06:31 AM

58,451 posts, read 31,862,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
That same "internet" you speak of Finn is creating at least three times as many Western hating Islamic radicals as we type away here on CD.
Here on CD? I didn't say anything about CD.

Old 03-06-2016, 07:27 PM

6,450 posts, read 7,553,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Here on CD? I didn't say anything about CD.
You misread my post. Please read again.

Old 03-07-2016, 12:01 AM

440 posts, read 251,423 times
Hmm, I think it is Zoroastrianism that most are going back to rather than Christianity. Iranians are very proud of their Zoroastrian past and want it back.

Old 03-07-2016, 09:16 AM

58,451 posts, read 31,862,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
You misread my post. Please read again.
Done. It still says "here on CD".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity