U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2016, 11:35 AM

4,221 posts, read 1,967,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Your pretense of being the Son of Man by parroting the words of Jesus is tiresome. You are NOT Jesus. You are NOT the Son of Man. You were NOT sent from God. And most people do not realize you are actually deluded. They think you are just quoting scripture. But you actually think you are speaking for YOURSELF. It has to stop. You need help.
What part of ;"As the Father sent me so I send you" do you not understand?

You know not what you do." Seek justice seek humility perhaps you'll be sheltered on the day of the Lord's anger."

I came into the world as it's light to keep everyone who believes in me from remaining in the dark.

Anyone who hears my word and does not keep it I am not the one who condemns him for I did not come to condemn the world but to save it. Anyone who rejects me and does not accept my word he already has his judge namely the words I have spoken that's what will condemn him on the last day.

My words are not my own they come from the One who sent me.

I am the light of the world. Come out of the darkness and follow me.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2016, 04:50 PM

4,077 posts, read 1,462,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Man's love is not what Jesus spoke of. He said to abide in His love by keeping His commandments just as He kept His Father's commandments. He said those who love Him keep His word. So it shows that the words of God are the commandments as Jesus said that the Father commanded Him what to say so in turn those who are sent as He was sent must do the same.

The one who enters through the gate is the shepherd of the sheep. I'm the good shepherd. I know my sheep and my sheep know me the same way my Father knows me and I know my Father.

Yes one must keep his word. And he taught--- return evil for evil to no one. Yet every govt on earth does the opposite and the religious leaders who are fornicating with them, go along and allow the young flock members to return evil for evil by killing what God created. Jesus said--return love for Evil---Love conquers--ALL.

Old 03-16-2016, 05:14 PM

37,587 posts, read 25,288,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
A better sense of the meaning of "if you love me..." would be "Do as I have taught you." The two commandments mentioned sum that up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to nateswift again.
I took care of it for you, Jer.

Old 03-16-2016, 05:29 PM

589 posts, read 229,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
So in John 14 Jesus says He will send the Holy Spirit to those who keep His commandments. Most Christians say they try to keep His commandments but fail one way or another and yet believe the holy Spirit guides them. How can the Holy Spirit guide them if they fail?

Jesus said those who love Him keep His commandments and keep His word. Is it possible His commandments are the word of God not just the ten commandments and such?

He said to abide in His love one must keep His commandments just as He kept His Fathers commandments. He said the Father commanded Him what to say so that would be the word of God. So keeping the word of God as Jesus did and one will have the Holy Spirit to guide them and teach them.

Remember Jesus said to know the truth one must continue in His word so if we do this we will know the truth and the Holy Spirit has done the teaching.

In reality, if the son frees you, you shall truly be free because you will have kept God's word and abide in his love.

John 14:

15 "If you love me, you will keep my commandments. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate, to be with you forever. 17 This is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, because he abides with you, and he will be in you. 18 "I will not leave you orphaned; I am coming to you. 19 In a little while the world will no longer see me, but you will see me; because I live, you also will live. 20 On that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you. 21 They who have my commandments and keep them are those who love me; and those who love me will be loved by my Father, and I will love them and reveal myself to them." 22 Judas (not Iscariot) said to him, "Lord, how is it that you will reveal yourself to us, and not to the world?" 23 Jesus answered him, "Those who love me will keep my word, and my Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. 24 Whoever does not love me does not keep my words; and the word that you hear is not mine, but is from the Father who sent me. 25 "I have said these things to you while I am still with you. 26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything, and remind you of all that I have said to you.
the commandments are to love thy neighbor and treat others the way you want to be treated and to do good for others and yourself as Jesus loves all people and does good for hisself as well. Jesus said to feed the hungry and defend the weak and to be the watchmen for your brothers and sisters. Those are the commandments and you can worship the father and the son.

Old 03-16-2016, 05:31 PM

God calls hipeople to battle when harassed or should. They dont always have to love their enemy.

Old 03-16-2016, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David in Christ View Post
the commandments are to love thy neighbor and treat others the way you want to be treated and to do good for others and yourself as Jesus loves all people and does good for hisself as well. Jesus said to feed the hungry and defend the weak and to be the watchmen for your brothers and sisters. Those are the commandments and you can worship the father and the son.
To love one's neighbor one must abide in God's word as Jesus stated.

As it is written;

"Here is my servant whom I uphold, my chosen one with whom I am pleased, upon whom I have put my spirit, he will deliver righteousness to the nations."

"The word of the Lord is upright and all His works are truthful, He loves justice and right."

Those are not my words but the words of the Lord who sent me.

Old 03-17-2016, 02:59 PM

Quote:
God calls hipeople to battle when harassed or should. They dont always have to love their enemy.

Your post seems to think Jesus is a hypocrite--He taught--- return evil for evil to no one, and he meant it. In the majority--pride gets in the way of listening to Jesus no matter what. The way of the world. Pre-meditated--return evil for evil is in the hearts of the majority. and that is the spirit of antichrist.

Old 03-17-2016, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Your post seems to think Jesus is a hypocrite--He taught--- return evil for evil to no one, and he meant it. In the majority--pride gets in the way of listening to Jesus no matter what. The way of the world. Pre-meditated--return evil for evil is in the hearts of the majority. and that is the spirit of antichrist.
No, do not return good with evil is what he taught.

Old 03-17-2016, 05:25 PM

Quote:
No, do not return good with evil is what he taught.

Jesus taught---- return evil for evil to no one. If your enemy is hungry--feed him, if thirsty give him a drink, Love your enemy( that means return love to your enemy)
Jesus set the example for us--- they humiliated him, beat him up, whipped him, put a thorny crown on his head, drove spikes through his flesh--he returned--forgive them Father, they know not what they do..
Romans 12:17-18( Paul taught it) a real teacher of Jesus'
It states do not seek vengeance for self( pride gets in most peoples way) Vengeance is mine said the Lord.
Every real teacher that has Jesus--teaches just that. The rest are false teachers.

Old 03-17-2016, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Jesus taught---- return evil for evil to no one. If your enemy is hungry--feed him, if thirsty give him a drink, Love your enemy( that means return love to your enemy)
Jesus set the example for us--- they humiliated him, beat him up, whipped him, put a thorny crown on his head, drove spikes through his flesh--he returned--forgive them Father, they know not what they do..
Romans 12:17-18( Paul taught it) a real teacher of Jesus'
It states do not seek vengeance for self( pride gets in most peoples way) Vengeance is mine said the Lord.
Every real teacher that has Jesus--teaches just that. The rest are false teachers.
You misunderstand. Jesus wasn't always nice. He berated the religious leaders of His day many times.

Jesus spoke so that only those who continue in His word may understand. Those who abide in the word of the son of man abide in the word of God and use it.

"The man who comes to me hears my word and uses it."

The one who enters through the gate is the shepherd of the sheep. I am the good shepherd. I know my sheep and my sheep know me the same way the Father knows me and I know my Father.

"The Lord is near to everyone who calls upon Him, who calls upon Him in truth."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or