U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-18-2016, 02:03 PM
 
4,053 posts, read 1,453,920 times
Reputation: 271

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
You misunderstand. Jesus wasn't always nice. He berated the religious leaders of His day many times.


Jesus spoke so that only those who continue in His word may understand. Those who abide in the word of the son of man abide in the word of God and use it.

"The man who comes to me hears my word and uses it."

The one who enters through the gate is the shepherd of the sheep. I am the good shepherd. I know my sheep and my sheep know me the same way the Father knows me and I know my Father.

"The Lord is near to everyone who calls upon Him, who calls upon Him in truth."



Jesus was perfect--we are not. The Israelite spiritual leaders--posing to the world as Gods chosen, were far removed from him at that point--They couldn't even recognize their own Messiah who they were expecting. Jesus was very zealous that whatever was occurring and had his Fathers name involved had better be done right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-19-2016, 10:55 PM
 
4,221 posts, read 1,963,766 times
Reputation: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Jesus was perfect--we are not. The Israelite spiritual leaders--posing to the world as Gods chosen, were far removed from him at that point--They couldn't even recognize their own Messiah who they were expecting. Jesus was very zealous that whatever was occurring and had his Fathers name involved had better be done right.
Why aren't you perfect?

"Be perfect as your heavenly Father is perfect."

The son is perfect. Be the son. Unless you come to believe I am he you will surely die in your sin.

As it is written;

"Israel is my son, my firstborn, let my son go so he can serve me."

"Worship God alone, Him alone shall you serve."

"The son can only do what he sees the Father doing, whatever the Father does the son does likewise for the Father loves the son and whatever he does He shows him."

"He who believes in me shall do the works I do and far greater than these because I go to the Father. Whatever you ask in my name I will do so the Father may be glorified in the son."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2016, 09:14 AM
 
17,697 posts, read 8,870,974 times
Reputation: 1485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Why aren't you perfect?

"Be perfect as your heavenly Father is perfect."

The son is perfect. Be the son. Unless you come to believe I am he you will surely die in your sin.

As it is written;

"Israel is my son, my firstborn, let my son go so he can serve me."

"Worship God alone, Him alone shall you serve."

"The son can only do what he sees the Father doing, whatever the Father does the son does likewise for the Father loves the son and whatever he does He shows him."

"He who believes in me shall do the works I do and far greater than these because I go to the Father. Whatever you ask in my name I will do so the Father may be glorified in the son."
Some are not mature, ripe, developed, or perfected, and their fruit is sour.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2016, 10:41 AM
 
4,221 posts, read 1,963,766 times
Reputation: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Some are not mature, ripe, developed, or perfected, and their fruit is sour.
Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit for apart from me you can do nothing.

A good tree cannot bear bad fruit just like a bad tree cannot bear good fruit.

Any tree that does not bear good fruit will be cut down and thrown in the fire. (Son of man)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2016, 11:32 AM
 
17,697 posts, read 8,870,974 times
Reputation: 1485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit for apart from me you can do nothing.

A good tree cannot bear bad fruit just like a bad tree cannot bear good fruit.

Any tree that does not bear good fruit will be cut down and thrown in the fire. (Son of man)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bzEYg-CpQE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2016, 12:50 PM
 
Location: GOVERNMENT of TRAITORS & NAZIS
20,560 posts, read 22,721,792 times
Reputation: 7625
If you love one another--then the world will know you are His...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2016, 01:28 PM
 
4,221 posts, read 1,963,766 times
Reputation: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
If you love one another--then the world will know you are His...
No. At least not as the world thinks.

Bear fruit by remaining in His word and spreading it.

"The Lord guides the humble to righteousness and He teaches the meek His way. "


I am meek and humble of heart. Follow me and the son of man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2016, 02:29 PM
 
Location: GOVERNMENT of TRAITORS & NAZIS
20,560 posts, read 22,721,792 times
Reputation: 7625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
No. At least not as the world thinks.

Bear fruit by remaining in His word and spreading it.

"The Lord guides the humble to righteousness and He teaches the meek His way. "


I am meek and humble of heart. Follow me and the son of man.
What the world thinks does not matter tome of to Jesus. I reject the world's opinion and and accept the word of Christ--not was PRINTED, but as he speaks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2016, 03:39 PM
 
17,968 posts, read 12,430,337 times
Reputation: 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
So in John 14 Jesus says He will send the Holy Spirit to those who keep His commandments. Most Christians say they try to keep His commandments but fail one way or another and yet believe the holy Spirit guides them. How can the Holy Spirit guide them if they fail?

Jesus said those who love Him keep His commandments and keep His word. Is it possible His commandments are the word of God not just the ten commandments and such?

He said to abide in His love one must keep His commandments just as He kept His Fathers commandments. He said the Father commanded Him what to say so that would be the word of God. So keeping the word of God as Jesus did and one will have the Holy Spirit to guide them and teach them.

Remember Jesus said to know the truth one must continue in His word so if we do this we will know the truth and the Holy Spirit has done the teaching.

In reality, if the son frees you, you shall truly be free because you will have kept God's word and abide in his love.
Actually if we love Him we won't keep His commandments. We of the nations are not under law but under grace. Read Galatians!!!!! The Galatians had some of the Circumcision infiltrate their churches and began to get them to mix law with grace. That is a huge no no and Paul deals with it extensively.

We of the nations are not set free because we keep the commandments or the words of Jesus He gave to his Circumcision disciples. Paul said we know Him so no longer after the flesh. We are free because we believe God that Christ died for our sins, was entombed and roused the third day (see Romans 4 near the end and 1 Corinthians 15:1-4). We who believe that ARE Righteous, ARE Justified, ARE Reconciled to God. And we are sealed with the spirit of promise for the day of deliverance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2016, 03:40 PM
 
4,221 posts, read 1,963,766 times
Reputation: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
What the world thinks does not matter tome of to Jesus. I reject the world's opinion and and accept the word of Christ--not was PRINTED, but as he speaks.
"The one who comes from above is above all. He who belongs to the world thinks like the world and speaks in a worldly way. He who comes from heaven testifies to what he has seen and heard but no one believes him. If anyone does believe they render the truth of God. For the one who is sent by God speaks the words of God, his gift of the spirit is not measured. The Father loves the son and has given everything I've r to him. Whoever believes in the son possesses eternal life whoever disobeys the son will not see life but must endure the wrath of God."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top