U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 09:34 PM

13,285 posts, read 4,242,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Some claim that Jesus didn't come to die on the cross -- and they may deny what's called the "sacrificial atonement" -- meaning that Jesus atoned for our sins by sacrificing himself.

Romans 5 states that this is why Jesus came:

Romans 5:6-9
"For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. 7 For one will scarcely die for a righteous person—though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die— 8 but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. 9 Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God."

But there are some that say Jesus just came to show us the way, or show us how to live, or to love. If that's the case...I just have one question: Why did he only minister for about 3 years? If his intent was to just demonstrate how to live life on earth...why didn't he stick around to show more people? My thought is that he had one mission: To die on the cross. This is why he came--he didn't need to stick around afterward. He left, and the Spirit came to guide the church as it went forth to proclaim that.

He had to come walking his 42 months in the spring walk of an appointed 7 year walk. His walk completed the walk in Ephraim as walking in the flesh and it also shadows the 3 and a half years of Elijah. But in the middle of the week, the sacrifice is cut off.

Revelation is to any person who has walked his 42 months in the spring and he has 3 and a half years of his walk in the fall to finish the second season. It is that Jesus came to complete all the sacrifices and to be all those sacrifices on Nisan 14. But Ezekiel 45 shows us BOTH comings of Messiah where that all the sacrifices happened on Nisan 14 in the first 3 and a half years, the 7 year covenant MUST be finished in the second coming of the Lord, But Jesus does not come to finish the 3 and a half years remaining for the fall season, his second coming is finished in the lives of his followers.

Ezekiel 45 shows both the comings, one on Nisan 14, and one on Tishri 15th. On both these days all the sacrifices are killed when the holy days happen on a single day. On Tishri 15th, the second coming of the Lord happens in people and all the sacrifices have to be killed on this day.

We are given a 7 year covenant to complete and Jesus has completed the first 3 and a half years and it is up to us to also complete those 3 and a half, but then to finish the 7 years, but after a person has completed his 3 and half years in Ephraim, in flesh, he comes up to the middle of his week and the sacrifices are cut off for him to make a choice, and from there, he begins to walk in the high holy days of the fall. 3 and a half more years but Christ is with him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2016, 09:47 PM

37,508 posts, read 25,243,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Free yourself from this barbaric blood sacrifice mentality. Jesus substituted for us because we could NOT do what He was able to do. He was our "designated hitter," not our scapegoat. He was our achiever. He achieved what we could NOT! Our entire species is blessed because He did what NONE of us could do, NOT because He paid some absurd penalty for our "felonies and misdemeanors" against God!!! Because HE did what we were not capable of doing, all of us now are saved from permanent separation from God (NOT some absurd eternal torment).

His PERFECT achievement provides the COVER for our imperfections, IF we resonate with His love for us all in love of God and each other. There is no mystery, no payment or punishment, and no magic. All we need to DO is follow His instructions to His disciples to love God and each other every day and repent when we don't. Everything else is the result of human ignorance, vanity and hubris. That is NOT the alternative, Vizio.. Jesus did what we could NOT do. He hit the Grand Slam in the ninth inning to win the game for us. Silly question. He was scourged and crucified! Duh!!! He DID under the New Covenant. He now abides with us as the Comforter sent in His name to guide us to the truth God has "written in our hearts." Your thought is WRONG. He didn't come to die on the cross. That was inevitable during that barbarous era. He came to do what we could NOT because the fields were ripe for the harvest and a New Covenant.
Amen, Jer. They retain the ancient ignorance and barbarity of our primitive ancestors. It is a travesty.
WRONG. He came to achieve what WE could NOT as our substitute! Huge difference.
Not so much invalidated Law as revealed the true purpose and principle behind the "carnal milk."Well, clearly it hasn't taken after 2000+years, nate. Depressing, isn't it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Jesus came into the world to die for the sins of the world, in our place, as our substitute as the apostles who actually had personal experiences with Jesus recorded in the Scriptures.
WRONG. He came to achieve what WE could NOT as our substitute! Huge difference. They were deathly afraid of Spirits so "carnal milk" was necessary. We should have evolved enough for the "solid food" of Christ's REAL mission but the religious leaders and theologians like your mentors retarded any and all advancement of understanding. They retained the ancient ignorance and barbaric contextual interpretations of our primitive ancestors as a sign of faith in God. (BTW, the discussion will not progress if you just keep repeating yourself. )

Old 03-05-2016, 09:52 PM

4,851 posts, read 1,463,863 times
Mystic, given your concept of a non supernatural Universe as God, what is your belief concerning the role of Christ with regard to humans ?

Old 03-05-2016, 09:58 PM

20,299 posts, read 15,651,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
It only takes a moment to die, not 3 1/2 years.
The notion of a blood sacrifice is Pharisaical.
Jesus' spiritual death on the cross which paid the penalty for our sins lasted for about three hours, from 12 noon to 3PM. And neither Jesus nor the Gospel writers were Pharisees. You've been shown this often enough, so don't expect me to waste my time with your foolish denials of what the NT writers have made perfectly clear. I simply leave you to your unbelief.

Old 03-05-2016, 10:06 PM

20,299 posts, read 15,651,035 times
Quote:
WRONG. He came to achieve what WE could NOT as our substitute! Huge difference. They were deathly afraid of Spirits so "carnal milk" was necessary. We should have evolved enough for the "solid food" of Christ's REAL mission but the religious leaders and theologians like your mentors retarded any and all advancement of understanding. They retained the ancient ignorance and barbaric contextual interpretations of our primitive ancestors as a sign of faith in God. (BTW, the discussion will not progress if you just keep repeating yourself. )
It is not I who am wrong. . .or wrongheaded. Your ridiculous beliefs are contrary to what the Bible plainly teaches about why Jesus died for us. As I just got though telling Jerwade, you've been given the truth often enough, and you continue to reject it in favor of your own made up doctrines. I've been patient with you long enough, and so I leave you to your unbelief. And you who keep incessantly repeating your mantras about ancient ignorance and barbaric ancestors have no business telling others about repeating themselves. I am done with you.

Old 03-05-2016, 10:22 PM

37,508 posts, read 25,243,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Mystic, given your concept of a non supernatural Universe as God, what is your belief concerning the role of Christ with regard to humans ?
You must not have read most of my posts. The unified field (natural) that establishes our universe is the consciousness field of God because consciousness (natural) exists within a resonant neural field. (That is my scientifically based HYPOTHESIS). It is my BELIEF that all entities with consciousness wherever they reside within the universe contribute to the consciousness that establishes our reality (God). It is my BELIEF that human consciousness was out-of-sync with and of the wrong character because of the inescapable demands of our survival in this carnal world. it is my BELIEF that ONE of us had to elevate his consciousness to the proper character to resonate, connect and merge the existing and continuously produced collective human consciousness to God-consciousness. Based on the consciousness I encounter in deep meditation and the descriptions of Jesus, I BELIEVE that Jesus is that human being.

Old 03-05-2016, 10:35 PM

17,724 posts, read 8,879,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Jesus' spiritual death on the cross which paid the penalty for our sins lasted for about three hours, from 12 noon to 3PM. And neither Jesus nor the Gospel writers were Pharisees. You've been shown this often enough, so don't expect me to waste my time with your foolish denials of what the NT writers have made perfectly clear. I simply leave you to your unbelief.
It is not I who needs two turtle-doves, nor will it be me, who pours out his heart in sorrow.

Old 03-05-2016, 11:47 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,255,546 times
He completed everything.

Old 03-06-2016, 12:03 AM

4,221 posts, read 1,964,692 times
I am the bread of life. I'm the bread that comes down from heaven for a man to eat and never die. I myself am the living bread.

That's the Lord who lives in me and I in Him. He commanded me what to say and how to speak and since I know His commandment is eternal life what I say is spoken just as He instructed me.

Anyone who eats my flesh and drinks my blood shall live forever and I will honor him on the last day.

If you do not eat the flesh of the son of man and drink his blood you have no life in you for my flesh is true food and my blood is honest drink.

Just as my Father has life so do I because of Him. Anyone who feeds on me will have life because of me.

I am the bread of life. The Lord and I are One

Old 03-06-2016, 05:33 PM

4,851 posts, read 1,463,863 times
Quote:
You must not have read most of my posts. The unified field (natural) that establishes our universe is the consciousness field of God because consciousness (natural) exists within a resonant neural field. (That is my scientifically based HYPOTHESIS). It is my BELIEF that all entities with consciousness wherever they reside within the universe contribute to the consciousness that establishes our reality (God). It is my BELIEF that human consciousness was out-of-sync with and of the wrong character because of the inescapable demands of our survival in this carnal world. it is my BELIEF that ONE of us had to elevate his consciousness to the proper character to resonate, connect and merge the existing and continuously produced collective human consciousness to God-consciousness. Based on the consciousness I encounter in deep meditation and the descriptions of Jesus, I BELIEVE that Jesus is that human being.

No I have not read any posts of yours that were not a part of a discussion between us .

But thanks for explaining your view for me . Given what I have learned of your beliefs through our debates , I just wondered how the idea of Christ figured into your beliefs .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or