U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 02:11 PM

32,538 posts, read 29,368,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I've read a few of them.

Read it. It's not worth even keeping as kindling to start the burn barrel out back. It's horrible.

And it's also full of a lot of heretical stuff.
A change in the wind! Shall we expect Mary Poppins? First you'd only "heard of a few" of the books listed. Now you've read a few of them and the most popular Christian book in decades is full of, in your opinion, heretical..... "stuff".

I'm not surprised. The message God is love is something most people with your beliefs scorn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2016, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Most atheists seem to think they're the smartest guy in the room.
They often are. Two of the most intelligent posters on CD are atheists.

Old 03-08-2016, 02:25 PM

19,952 posts, read 12,987,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
They often are. Two of the most intelligent posters on CD are atheists.
How do you know that?

Old 03-08-2016, 02:30 PM

Quote:
How do you know that?
I know they are atheists because they've stated they are. I know they are highly intelligent because my family has several people with genius-level IQ's and it's easy for me to pick out who is exceptionally intelligent and who isn't. I grew up listening to geniuses discuss any number of topics at the supper table. You learn to pick out the frauds and the wannabees.

Old 03-08-2016, 02:32 PM

15,208 posts, read 8,247,063 times
Quote:
A change in the wind! Shall we expect Mary Poppins? First you'd only "heard of a few" of the books listed. Now you've read a few of them and the most popular Christian book in decades is full of, in your opinion, heretical..... "stuff".

I'm not surprised. The message God is love is something most people with your beliefs scorn.
Nonsense! You should take that back! We feed & clothe the poor. We care for & adopt orphans (and foster kids). We provide care for special-needs kids & their families. We care for widows (and widowers). We provide financial assistance to single moms & others in need. Etc.... All paid for out of our own tithes & offerings.

Old 03-08-2016, 02:46 PM

Quote:
I know they are highly intelligent because my family has several people with genius-level IQ's and it's easy for me to pick out who is exceptionally intelligent and who isn't.
Oh. Right.
Quote:
I grew up listening to geniuses discuss any number of topics at the supper table. You learn to pick out the frauds and the wannabees.
Wow.

Old 03-08-2016, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Nonsense! You should take that back! We feed & clothe the poor. We care for & adopt orphans (and foster kids). We provide care for special-needs kids & their families. We care for widows (and widowers). We provide financial assistance to single moms & others in need. Etc.... All paid for out of our own tithes & offerings.
I wasn't aware your beliefs are the same as Vizio's. You seldom pop in and give him a big high five, and say "Amen! I believe that too!" when he posts his beliefs.

If you believe God is love...good for you.

Old 03-08-2016, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Oh. Right.

Wow.
It's the truth.

If you choose to think I'm lying or wrong... whatever. You get to think what you want. I don't care.

Old 03-08-2016, 03:06 PM

Quote:
It's the truth.

If you choose to think I'm lying or wrong... whatever. You get to think what you want. I don't care.
I'm just amazed to be in the digital presence of greatness.

I mean...dumb little guys like me are easily impressed.

Old 03-08-2016, 03:25 PM

Quote:
I'm just amazed to be in the digital presence of greatness.

I mean...dumb little guys like me are easily impressed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or