U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2016, 08:09 PM

6,824 posts, read 4,872,983 times

Advertisements

this site breeds heretics and false teachings as it gives people a platform they would otherwise never had.

Plenty of people saying weird things in the Bible nowadays.. and probably always.. but now we have this wonderful little internet to broadcast abroad.

For those interested, David brings this up in the Psalms I believe when he talks about losing his child. He expresses joy as the child is with God. So the kid is not in Hell despite our inherited sin. Thus enter the concept of the "age of accountability" which no one knows but Roman Catholicism has attributed an age to (I think they state 13)

The answers are there for people that really want to know them, but many on this site just want to strive and fight with others as they try to 'prophesy' their viewpoint.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2016, 08:11 PM

21,282 posts, read 20,893,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
this site breeds heretics and false teachings as it gives people a platform they would otherwise never had.

Plenty of people saying weird things in the Bible nowadays.. and probably always.. but now we have this wonderful little internet to broadcast abroad.

For those interested, David brings this up in the Psalms I believe when he talks about losing his child. He expresses joy as the child is with God. So the kid is not in Hell despite our inherited sin. Thus enter the concept of the "age of accountability" which no one knows but Roman Catholicism has attributed an age to (I think they state 13)

The answers are there for people that really want to know them, but many on this site just want to strive and fight with others as they try to 'prophesy' their viewpoint.
Well, it's certainly nice to have an expert on the forum to keep us heretics in line.

Old 03-07-2016, 08:11 PM

13,307 posts, read 4,253,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
That's a very depressing view to have of life, Hannibal. I'm glad it's not mine, but I'm not going to try to change your mind. I know it would be as pointless as if you were to try to change mine.
By this I know you are wise, lol.

Yup, people hardly change minds of others, but I have a very different view than most, I believe in science, and that science only proves who God is.

I believe we are born no different than the animals but that we have reached a choice.

Old 03-08-2016, 08:52 AM

9,169 posts, read 2,784,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Funny how He teaches us each different things.

Why do I think Cain killed Abel? Well, I'd say it was because he was a selfish man with no love for His brother or for God.

You lost me here, I'm afraid.

To me, it sounds as if you believe all mankind (including newborn babies) bear the guilt Adam incurred by disobeying God. I believe that Jesus Christ atoned for Adam's sin; therefore, God does not holding anyone else accountable for it.

But if the two-year-old is guilty, he should be held accountable.

As I said before, fearing negative consequences is something a dog can do. Being capable of understanding God's commandments and making a conscious choice as to whether to obey them or not is another matter, in my opinion.

I lost you because you didn't see the connection between what Satan did to Eve, and then the generation next revealed it, ie. MURDER. Everything begins with a seed. Satan was a murderer from the beginning.

Yes I do believe all mankind bears the principality that is sin, from the moment they come into this world. It's passed down through the blood, the life is in the blood.

I also believe Jesus Christ atoned for Adam's sin and it's a free gift, however you must APPROPRIATE it. It's like if you give someone a present and put it on their doorstep, but they never get it and open it. They technically have the gift, but they didn't appropriate it. Peace

Old 03-08-2016, 09:09 AM

11,825 posts, read 9,818,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post

Maybe the son of David who died is not in hell because for another reason other than the declaration of "age of accountability".

The truth is this both of these:

Psalm 58:3
Even from birth the wicked go astray; from the womb they are wayward, spreading lies.

...... or ........

Psalm 22:9-10

Yet you brought me out of the womb; you made me trust in you, even at my mother’s breast.
From birth I was cast on you; from my mother’s womb you have been my God.

Psalm 51:6
Yet you desired faithfulness even in the womb; you taught me wisdom in that secret place.

Old 03-08-2016, 10:38 AM

10,290 posts, read 8,044,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Maybe the son of David who died is not in hell because for another reason other than the declaration of "age of accountability".

The truth is this both of these:

Psalm 58:3
Even from birth the wicked go astray; from the womb they are wayward, spreading lies.

...... or ........

Psalm 22:9-10

Yet you brought me out of the womb; you made me trust in you, even at my mother’s breast.
From birth I was cast on you; from my mother’s womb you have been my God.

Psalm 51:6
Yet you desired faithfulness even in the womb; you taught me wisdom in that secret place.

Not only that being about Babies, these scriptures also speak in reference too, that every person born are without the excuse that they never knew nor heard about God .
They are proof ppl will and have witness there is a God and that through Him the truth of salvation through Jesus Christ .
I always hear in this forum many times that not all ppl's will know God before they die. Not true, for the scripture is the witness they will and have !!

Cross reference too Psalm 22:9-10 ; Psalm 58:3; Psalm 51:6

Salvation Reaches to the End of the Earth

Isaiah 49:1 (NASB)
Listen to Me, islands, and pay attention, you peoples from afar. The Lord called Me from the womb;
From the body of My mother He named Me.

Isaiah 42:4 (NASB)
“He will not be disheartened or crushed until He has established justice in the earth; and the coastlands will wait expectantly for His law.”

Isaiah 46:3-4 (NASB)
3 “Listen to Me, O house of Jacob,
And all the remnant of the house of Israel,
You who have been borne by Me from birth
And have been carried from the womb;
4 Even to your old age I will be the same,
And even to your graying years I will bear you!
I have done it, and I will carry you;
And I will bear you and I will deliver you.

Jeremiah 1:5 (NASB)
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
And before you were born I consecrated you”

Blessing's

Old 03-08-2016, 10:56 AM

19,952 posts, read 12,981,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monastic555 View Post
It's already unanimously agreed that newborn babies who die at birth go to Heaven.
Is it?

And does consensus mean truth?
Quote:
But since they are not Christians at all, they are still UNsaved.
How do you know that?
Quote:
So doesn't that mean that the UNsaved go to Heaven? Granted, the point has been made that the babies go to Heaven because they are innocent. But that point is totally wrong because Romans 3:23 states unequivocally that "ALL have sin." ALL obviously includes those babies.
You are correct. All have sin.

Old 03-08-2016, 10:58 AM

26,288 posts, read 13,939,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monastic555 View Post
It's already unanimously agreed that newborn babies who die at birth go to Heaven. But since they are not Christians at all, they are still UNsaved. So doesn't that mean that the UNsaved go to Heaven? Granted, the point has been made that the babies go to Heaven because they are innocent. But that point is totally wrong because Romans 3:23 states unequivocally that "ALL have sin." ALL obviously includes those babies.
Since there is nothing in the Bible that states where those babies that die go, I'd say it is presumptuous of anyone to say they know for sure what occurs when a newborn dies...However, since Jews, you know, the Chosen People of G-d, know that there is no such thing as "Original Sin" in Judaism at all, that all people are born without sin and as they grow and learn, their balance sheet begins to accrue...And the only way to clear that balance sheet is to repent...To convince people that they are born in sin and need something to correct that is a very good way to get followers...We are all responsible for the good and bad that we do...We have free will to choose to do good as well as free will to do bad...You choose...

Old 03-08-2016, 10:59 AM

26,288 posts, read 13,939,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
You are correct. All have sin.
Where in the Scriptures [not the NT] does it imply this?...

Old 03-08-2016, 10:59 AM

19,952 posts, read 12,981,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Since there is nothing in the Bible that states where those babies that die go, I'd say it is presumptuous of anyone to say they know for sure what occurs when a newborn dies...However, since Jews, you know, the Chosen People of G-d, know that there is no such thing as "Original Sin" in Judaism at all, that all people are born without sin and as they grow and learn, their balance sheet begins to accrue...And the only way to clear that balance sheet is to repent...To convince people that they are born in sin and need something to correct that is a very good way to get followers...We are all responsible for the good and bad that we do...We have free will to choose to do good as well as free will to do bad...You choose...
Interesting. Seems David disagreed.

Psalm 51:5 "Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity,
and in sin did my mother conceive me"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or