U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 10:13 AM

10,290 posts, read 8,043,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Ya think? He did say it would be as is was in the time of Noah....can ya hand me that board over there?
LOL

By the way love reading your post ! They're definitely from the Spirit of God !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2016, 11:30 AM

9,169 posts, read 2,784,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
LOL

By the way love reading your post ! They're definitely from the Spirit of God !

Thank you so much for the kind words. Peace

Old 03-09-2016, 12:31 PM

19,952 posts, read 12,978,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Hated? No, I don't think I have. I've disliked a few people, but certainly not enough to wish they would die. "As [a man] thinketh in his heart, so is he." I am not a murderer in my heart.

Silly me. I thought it's because we're mortal and mortals are subject to death at some point.
That's the effects of sin. Adam and Eve were born sinless. Then sin entered the human bloodline. That's why you see people living 900 years in the early days, then lifespans got shorter.

Quote:
Actually, it's common sense and logic speaking -- two things my Father in Heaven gave me and expected me to use.
The term "theology" means "words about God". You're talking about him a lot without any sort of Scriptural evidence or authority to back it up except your own opinion. I'm sorry, but I'll take the Apostle Paul's words over you any day of the week.
Quote:

Two questions for you, Viz (numbered and put in boldface type so that you don't inadvertently overlook them):

1. Do you honestly believe that a six-year old kid being raised today in North Korea understands the gospel of Jesus Christ and knows who Jesus is?

I have known 6 year olds that did comprehend it. I also know that it's growing in North Korea. If God wants to save a 6 year old in North Korea, God will save a 6 year old in North Korea. And we should rejoice for it.
Quote:
2. If a knowledge of Jesus Christ is in every person, why in the world did Jesus command His Apostles to spread the word?
I don't recall saying that knowledge of Jesus Christ is in every person. Is there something I said that you misunderstood?

I said that people realize there is a creator simply by looking at Creation -- but I don't believe I said that points to Jesus.

Old 03-09-2016, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
The Psalms was after all talking about a grown man, not a babe...What Pharisee are we looking at?...
David said it about himself. He was in sin from birth.

The Pharisee we're talking about was Saul...who became Paul. He sat at the feet of Gamaliel. He was an expert on Judaism, and I'd believe him over you or your Rabbi.

Old 03-09-2016, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Now here's the rub, Adam and Eve were created mortal...
How do you know? Just like others...you're giving your opinion with nothing to back it up.

Old 03-09-2016, 01:05 PM

11,823 posts, read 9,816,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
David said it about himself. He was in sin from birth.

The Pharisee we're talking about was Saul...who became Paul. He sat at the feet of Gamaliel. He was an expert on Judaism, and I'd believe him over you or your Rabbi.

I believe God who inspired Paul to write exactly what is revealed ...

Old 03-09-2016, 01:10 PM

11,823 posts, read 9,816,901 times
Quote:
What?...The Jews are condemned because you say so?.....
Are the unbelieving Jews condemned ... yes.

Who says .... Jesus did, the promised Messiah-Jehovah-God.

Old 03-09-2016, 01:28 PM

37,517 posts, read 25,250,403 times
Quote:
How do you know? Just like others...you're giving your opinion with nothing to back it up.
When do YOU ever NOT do the very same thing, Vizio????

Old 03-09-2016, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Easy, Doc. The stuff I'm saying I can back up from the Bible. I don't pull it out of thin air. Nor do I claim Jesus been talking to me.

Old 03-09-2016, 01:55 PM

37,517 posts, read 25,250,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Quote:
Easy, Doc. The stuff I'm saying I can back up from the Bible. I don't pull it out of thin air. Nor do I claim Jesus been talking to me.
Sad, because under the New Covenant purchased with Christ's life we were promised that Jesus would abide with us and His Holy Spirit (Comforter) would be sent in His name to guide us to the truth God has "Written in our hearts" so we would NOT need anyone to teach us. We do not pull anything out of thin air. Why do you think Jesus does NOT abide with you and guide you to the truth, Vizio?? Why do you need to rely ONLY on the words "written in ink." Why would you take on the risk of influencing others if you do not even think Christ abides wth you??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or