Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 05:56 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,491,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Not only that being about Babies, these scriptures also speak in reference too, that every person born are without the excuse that they never knew nor heard about God .
They are proof ppl will and have witness there is a God and that through Him the truth of salvation through Jesus Christ .
I always hear in this forum many times that not all ppl's will know God before they die. Not true, for the scripture is the witness they will and have !!

Cross reference too Psalm 22:9-10 ; Psalm 58:3; Psalm 51:6

Salvation Reaches to the End of the Earth

Isaiah 49:1 (NASB)
Listen to Me, islands, and pay attention, you peoples from afar. The Lord called Me from the womb;
From the body of My mother He named Me.

Isaiah 42:4 (NASB)
“He will not be disheartened or crushed until He has established justice in the earth; and the coastlands will wait expectantly for His law.”

Isaiah 46:3-4 (NASB)
3 “Listen to Me, O house of Jacob,
And all the remnant of the house of Israel,
You who have been borne by Me from birth
And have been carried from the womb;
4 Even to your old age I will be the same,
And even to your graying years I will bear you!
I have done it, and I will carry you;
And I will bear you and I will deliver you.

Jeremiah 1:5 (NASB)
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
And before you were born I consecrated you”

Blessing's
It's amazing to what extreme wanton refusal that people will go to in order to not read what God reveals in the Bible.

OT
Genesis 6:5
The Lord saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and
that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time.
Psalm 14:2-3
Psalm 51:2-3
The Lord looks down from heaven on all mankind
to see if there are any who understand, any who seek God.

All have turned away, all have become corrupt;
there is no one who does good, not even one.

Psalm 51:5
Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me.

Ecclesiastes 7:20
Indeed, there is no one on earth who is righteous,
no one who does what is right and never sins.

Isaiah 53:6
We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to our own way;
NT ... God didn't change.
John 3:6
Flesh gives birth to flesh,

Romans 8:7

The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God;
it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so.

Romans 3:10-12

As it is written:
“There is no one righteous, not even one;
there is no one who understands;
there is no one who seeks God.

All have turned away,
they have together become worthless;
there is no one who does good, not even one."

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2016, 07:19 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
So....David was wrong? And you're right? Or Rabbi Rashi, whoever that guy is?

And why should we believe this Rabbi over a Pharisee from the 1st Century?
The Psalms was after all talking about a grown man, not a babe...What Pharisee are we looking at?...

Old 03-09-2016, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Yet, the apostle Paul went into that in detail in Romans 5. It's why Adam and Eve eventually died. It's why all human beings die--the effects of sin, that is.
Now here's the rub, Adam and Eve were created mortal...

Old 03-09-2016, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
It's amazing to what extreme wanton refusal that people will go to in order to not read what God reveals in the Bible.
Quote:
OT
The Lord saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and
that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time.
[indent][b]
Genesis 6:

5.And the Lord saw that the evil of man was great in the earth, and every imagination of his heart was only evil all the time.

Psalms 14:

2.The Lord in Heaven looked down upon the sons of men to see whether there is a man of understanding, who seeks the Lord.

3.All have turned away; together they have spoiled; no one does good, not even one.

Amazing...This Psalm is about the wickedness of the Gentiles and how they attack Israel...Read the whole Psalm...It does not apply to man as a whole...Only a portion of man...And it is a song after all, not scripture...

Quote:
YLT

Psa 51:2 Thoroughly wash me from mine iniquity, And from my sin cleanse me,

Psa 51:3 For my transgressions I do know, And my sin is before me continually.

Quote:
Psalms 51:

5.For I know my transgressions, and my sin is always before me.

Maybe you meant this one:

YLT

Psa 51:5 Lo, in iniquity I have been brought forth, And in sin doth my mother conceive me.

TNK

Psalms 51:

7.Behold, with iniquity I was formed, and with sin my mother conceived me.
Rashi's Commentary:

Behold, with iniquity I was formed: Now how could I not sin when the main part of my creation was through coitus, the source of many iniquities? Another explanation: The main part of my creation is from a male and a female, both of whom are full of iniquity. There are many midrashim to this verse, but they do not fit the context of the psalm.

conceived me: Heb. יחמתני, an expression of heat, as (Gen. 30:38): “And they came into heat (ויחמנה) when they came to drink.”

Quote:

20.For there is no righteous man on earth who does good and sins not.
Rashi's Commentary:

For there is no righteous man on earth: Therefore, he must examine his deeds.
Quote:

Isaiah 53:

6.We all went astray like sheep, we have turned, each one on his way, and the Lord accepted his prayers for the iniquity of all of us.
Rashi's Commentary:

We all went astray like sheep: Now it is revealed that all the heathens (nations [mss.]) had erred.

accepted his prayers: He accepted his prayers and was appeased concerning the iniquity of all of us, that He did not destroy His world.

accepted… prayers: Heb. הִפְגִּיעַ, espriad in O.F., an expression of supplication.

It's amazing to what extreme wanton refusal that people will go to in order to not comprehend what God reveals in the Bible...

Old 03-09-2016, 08:17 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,696,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
"Knew" and "heard about" are to different things, though. A person can have an inborn sense of the existence of a Higher Power, but if he is never told about God or that God's son was sent to earth to atone for his sins, he's not going to automatically just "know" these things. If he did, there would have been no reason for Jesus to commission His Apostles to spread His gospel throughout the world.
Wow, how do you know ? that is how God deals with ppl in this world and especially in the last days of their lives ? in what and how He reveals to them His will in those last moments ? The scripture says they know, read Romans 1, the book of Acts 17, etc. study it and I know He'll reveal to you this truth ! Doubting in what God can do, well, for me, I serve the God of the impossible and especially to the things that the human mind has a problem comprehending in what God can do or not do, it's called faith .

Remember He says, “ For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” declares the Lord."
I believe what He has revealed to us in His written word,...“So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. " Luke 11:9 .
" But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But he must ask in faith without any doubting, for the one who doubts is like the surf of the sea, driven and tossed by the wind. For that man ought not to expect that he will receive anything from the Lord, being a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways." James 1:5-8

"there would have been no reason for Jesus to commission His Apostles to spread His gospel throughout the world" Hmmmm...... Have you notice lately that the Apostle are no longer with us and yet the spreading of God's salvation is going through out the world, actually this very moment .

Listen, Katzpur, we have been down this road before and I'm not going to argue with you, if you want to doubt what the scripture teach and I have given you the scripture before . I not going to do this back and forth thingy if you want to doubt God and what He can and will do that is your business and between you and God .

Have a nice day, OK !

Last edited by Cyber Munchkin; 03-09-2016 at 08:31 AM..

Old 03-09-2016, 08:20 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,491,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Genesis 6:

5.And the Lord saw that the evil of man was great in the earth, and every imagination of his heart was only evil all the time.

Psalms 14:

2.The Lord in Heaven looked down upon the sons of men to see whether there is a man of understanding, who seeks the Lord.

3.All have turned away; together they have spoiled; no one does good, not even one.

Amazing...This Psalm is about the wickedness of the Gentiles and how they attack Israel...Read the whole Psalm...It does not apply to man as a whole...Only a portion of man...And it is a song after all, not scripture...

YLT

Psa 51:2 Thoroughly wash me from mine iniquity, And from my sin cleanse me,

Psa 51:3 For my transgressions I do know, And my sin is before me continually.

Psalms 51:

5.For I know my transgressions, and my sin is always before me.

Maybe you meant this one:

YLT

Psa 51:5 Lo, in iniquity I have been brought forth, And in sin doth my mother conceive me.

TNK

Psalms 51:

7.Behold, with iniquity I was formed, and with sin my mother conceived me.
Rashi's Commentary:

Behold, with iniquity I was formed: Now how could I not sin when the main part of my creation was through coitus, the source of many iniquities? Another explanation: The main part of my creation is from a male and a female, both of whom are full of iniquity. There are many midrashim to this verse, but they do not fit the context of the psalm.

conceived me: Heb. יחמתני, an expression of heat, as (Gen. 30:38): “And they came into heat (ויחמנה) when they came to drink.”

20.For there is no righteous man on earth who does good and sins not.
Rashi's Commentary:

For there is no righteous man on earth: Therefore, he must examine his deeds.

Isaiah 53:

6.We all went astray like sheep, we have turned, each one on his way, and the Lord accepted his prayers for the iniquity of all of us.
Rashi's Commentary:

We all went astray like sheep: Now it is revealed that all the heathens (nations [mss.]) had erred.

accepted his prayers: He accepted his prayers and was appeased concerning the iniquity of all of us, that He did not destroy His world.

accepted… prayers: Heb. הִפְגִּיעַ, espriad in O.F., an expression of supplication.

It's amazing to what extreme wanton refusal that people will go to in order to not comprehend what God reveals in the Bible...
Is that the best you can do ... quote commentary from the condemned?
That fits you perfectly, extreme wanton refusal in order to not comprehend what God reveals in the Bible..

Old 03-09-2016, 08:32 AM

5,177 posts, read 4,791,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Because of inherited imperfection from father Adam a babies leanings will grow toward wrongdoing.
As Romans 6:7 says the dead are freed or acquitted from sin. Not meaning now innocent but as a governor can pardon a person so the crime charges No longer stick, Jesus can pardon a person so the sin charges No longer stick.

However No, like righteous Jesus, at death dead babies go to biblical hell ( grave )

The day Jesus died Jesus went to: hell - Acts 2:27; Psalm 16:10

Jesus did Not teach being awake at death but the dead being in an unconscious state like sleep - John 11:11-14

Jesus was well educated in the old Hebrew Scriptures which also teach ' sleep in death ':

- Psalms 6:5; 13:3; 115:17; 146:4; Daniel 12:2,13; Ecclesiastes 9:5

So, dead babies sleep in death ( R.I.P.) until a future resurrection - Acts 24:15 - during Jesus' 1,000-year rule over earth.
Dead babies can have a happy-and-healthy 'physical resurrection ' back to human life on earth during Jesus' millennium-long day of governing over earth when enemy death will be No more - 1st Corinthians 15:26
You articulate yet one more reason we Catholics have a superior faith. Babies dont go to "hell" They go to limbo, where they await the day of judgement, along with the noble pagans (those who are not Christian, but have lived a good life)

BTW, as something of a universalist, I no longer live under the terror of eternal damnation, and I have no need to search for the words and phrases scattered here and there in the bible, which when strung together lead one down a dead end road. May all learn and live the love of God, and abandon the hate of man.

Old 03-09-2016, 08:39 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,696,510 times
Quote:

OT
Psalm 14:2-3

All have turned away, all have become corrupt;
there is no one who does good, not even one.

NT ... God didn't change.
John 3:6
Flesh gives birth to flesh,

Romans 8:7

The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God;
it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so.

Romans 3:10-12

As it is written:
“There is no one righteous, not even one;
there is no one who understands;
there is no one who seeks God.

All have turned away,
they have together become worthless;
there is no one who does good, not even one."

Amen !
And when He does show them they turn it into something totally not what He intended it to say or they discard it because it doesn't fit their humanistic reasoning !
I have never seen so much opposition to the Holy Scriptures as it is this day and time ! You know I kind of know now what Noah felt when he was doing what God had him doing in preparing, building the ark for what was to come to this world in destroying the wickedness of the human heart !

It is sad that ppl are not truly taking serious what is written within the pages for us to know and recognize God's will and His directions for us in learning about life and what lies ahead for every soul born. Especially the thoughts of eternity should be the utmost in ones life !

Old 03-09-2016, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Is that the best you can do ... quote commentary from the condemned?
What?...The Jews are condemned because you say so?...

Quote:
That fits you perfectly, extreme wanton refusal in order to not comprehend what God reveals in the Bible..
No...It doesn't fit me, it fits you...Your the one that doesn't research, not me...

Old 03-09-2016, 09:49 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,043,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
You know I kind of know now what Noah felt when he was doing what God had him doing in preparing, building the ark for what was to come to this world in destroying the wickedness of the human heart !

Ya think? He did say it would be as it was in the time of Noah....can ya hand me that board over there?

Last edited by Rbbi1; 03-09-2016 at 10:14 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity