U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 09:01 AM

23,331 posts, read 12,073,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
...blah blah.... blather... belch... spittle ....blah... bible ....blah ...god ....babble... froth...blather...

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...
More hateful, idiotic spew from the usual hateful spewer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2016, 09:03 AM

782 posts, read 296,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
The first thing that needs to be pointed out is that G-d's Spirit IS love, BUT (and it's a BIG but), His love is NOT an, I'm ok, you're ok, feel good EMOTION; in fact, it's not an emotion AT ALL. It can and does express itself THROUGH our emotions (we give up ours, we get His, we decrease, He increases), WHICH IS WHAT THE FRUITS OF THE SPIRIT ARE, but He's not moved by our "type" of emotions at all.

Further, His love is the ONLY true love, His Word the only viable source to discover just what that love is like. And frankly, His love HURTS sometime; it hurts the flesh we've grown accustomed to keeping around. Maybe we were born with it (as a generational curse) and grew up with it and we've had it so long we falsely believe it's a part of us, because it's all we've known. But that's what the circumcision we ALL have to go through IS for, the cutting away of the things that cover our upright member (righteousness means upright, and He IS the Seed), which is what the parable of the wheat and the tares is all about.

Maybe we were led into it from being abused as a child. The spirit of it still has transfer rights, because whoever you are joined to, willingly or not, that spirit has a legal right to become one with YOU. And that goes for ANY DARKNESS. Which is one reason why He's so adamant against fornication; it only serves to strengthen the bands that are already there (by receiving a double portion) or by addition of something that wasn't.

So knowing that, can we see why HIS LOVE, which seeks not it's own things, would be very strict towards the issue, knowing that His child, whom He LOVES (not as mankind "loves" who only seek after their own things and not the things which be of Christ), is taking on even more darkness that leads to nothing but poverty, sickness and death, the very curses He sent His Son in the flesh of Yeshua to overcome?

So our focus should not just be on the "sinner" of which we are all one, but rather on the nature and the quality of the love we are expressing we claim is from G-d, to try to help that sinner. If it doesn't line up with His, then it's one of those carnal beastly natures of the serpent, which is more SUBTLE than all the other beasts of the field (you and me). Be wise as a serpent, but gentle as a dove. That means to have the wisdom of the subtle serpent has (who knows how to slay man any better than he?), but the gentleness of the dove when dealing with it (who knows how to LOVE but He who IS LOVE?) Peace
Rbi: Whoever told you that love is God's primary motivation told you a lie. The love your propose has no meaning and is empty and devoid of reality.

God's number ONE consideration is righteousness. The Word of God has made it abundantly clear that righteousness is God's design, God's purpose and ALL of God's effort in heaven and on earth.

When man decided to live his own way on the earth, he fell from grace. This means that man took it upon himself to decide what is and is not right to do. But man's justice is not God's justice and the punishment for disobedience is death. Christ died upon the cross BECAUSE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS, not a sense of marshmellow love. Righteousness dictates that God give man another chance at obedience. THAT is what salvation is all about - a second chance to clean the slate and start over IN OBEDIENCE TO GOD's law.

That law does not include the gay life style. Anybody that tells you different is lying.

Don't believe me? Read the Bible. The pages of that book are full of bloodshed upon those who lived counter to God's righteousness. God is jealous first and foremost for His law. His law, Torah, is His gift to mankind. It is the greatest thing man can have or hope for, but it is not for the faint of heart. It can be hard to live up to.

The greatest lie you will ever hear is that spoken to you by a sinner who attempts to justify his or her own wickedness. They will say and do anything to prove their own goodness, but they will be wrong - dead wrong when divine judgment visits them.

Any man or woman who wishes to follow Christ MUST accept His law and His wishes. It would be better to deny Him altogether than to lie about what He expects of each of us. The deepest pit of hell is reserved for those who preach deceit about the Kingdom of God.

Choose wisely dear reader. Your destiny is on the line.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft....

Old 03-09-2016, 09:12 AM

Quote:
...snip... The deepest pit of hell is reserved for those who preach deceit about the Kingdom of God.

In that case, you'd best die with an asbestos suit on.

Old 03-09-2016, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
More hateful, idiotic spew from the usual hateful spewer.
Truth and warning, not hate. The sinner HATES to be told he is a sinner. Your post seems to prove that point.

The true issue here is self-justification not hate. Every other form of sin leaves a stain of self-awareness that what has been done is sinful. Nearly every other type of sin leaves a person with the awareness that he or she has done wrong in the eyes of God.

The murderer knows he has sinned. The thief and the prostitute know they are sinners. The liar knows he is a sinner (unless he is a politician). The adulterer knows he or she is a sinner. And so the sad story of humanity's fall from grace continues - except for the gay. He alone justifies his sin before man and God. There is no one so righteous in the eyes of the gay person than he is himself. In his opinion, heaven and earth should bow to his sinful choices and designs.

If there is hate here, it is that which is expressed against the Word of God.

Live your life as you see fit. None who follow Christ will stop you (this isn't true for Islam of course, but that's a subject for another post). In the end, however, the gay will not be able to stand before the judgment seat of Adonai, the God of the Universe and say there was no warning.

Last edited by Choir Loft; 03-09-2016 at 09:29 AM..

Old 03-09-2016, 09:26 AM

Quote:
In that case, you'd best die with an asbestos suit on.
Is that the best you can do? If your position is just and right and good, you should be able to do better than attempt to sling empty phrases. If you want to justify yourself, then write something worthy of argument. In point of fact, I read nothing here that even comes close to an apologetic for the gay life style.

I don't need an asbestos suit because the blood of Christ has justified me before the throne of the Almighty. Jesus has taken the judgment due to me.

The great good news from God is that you can be forgiven too, justified too, and brought to a place of fellowship and blessing from God both here and hereafter. There is no greater more wonderful thing in all of heaven and earth. It is not a thing for a wise man to reject.

Old 03-09-2016, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Truth and warning, not hate. The sinner HATES to be told he is a sinner.

The true issue here is self-justification not hate. Every other form of sin leaves a stain of self-awareness that what has been done is sinful. Nearly every other type of sin leaves a person with the awareness that he or she has done wrong in the eyes of God.

The murderer knows he has sinned. The thief and the ***** know they are sinners. The liar knows he is a sinner (unless he is a politician). The adulterer knows he or she is a sinner. And so the sad story of humanity's fall from grace continues - except for the gay. He alone justifies his sin before man and God. There is no one so righteous in the eyes of the gay person than he is himself. In his opinion, heaven and earth should bow to his sinful choices and designs.

If there is hate here, it is that which is expressed against the warner.

Live your life as you see fit. None who follow Christ will stop you (this isn't true for Islam of course, but that's a subject for another post). In the end, however, the gay will not be able to stand before the judgment seat of Adonai, the God of the Universe and say there was no warning.

More excreted verbal bile.

Old 03-09-2016, 09:36 AM

9,169 posts, read 2,782,281 times
Quote:
Rbi: Whoever told you that love is God's primary motivation told you a lie. The love your propose has no meaning and is empty and devoid of reality.

God's number ONE consideration is righteousness. The Word of God has made it abundantly clear that righteousness is God's design, God's purpose and ALL of God's effort in heaven and on earth.

When man decided to live his own way on the earth, he fell from grace. This means that man took it upon himself to decide what is and is not right to do. But man's justice is not God's justice and the punishment for disobedience is death. Christ died upon the cross BECAUSE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS, not a sense of marshmellow love. Righteousness dictates that God give man another chance at obedience. THAT is what salvation is all about - a second chance to clean the slate and start over IN OBEDIENCE TO GOD's law.

That law does not include the gay life style. Anybody that tells you different is lying.

Don't believe me? Read the Bible. The pages of that book are full of bloodshed upon those who lived counter to God's righteousness. God is jealous first and foremost for His law. His law, Torah, is His gift to mankind. It is the greatest thing man can have or hope for, but it is not for the faint of heart. It can be hard to live up to.

The greatest lie you will ever hear is that spoken to you by a sinner who attempts to justify his or her own wickedness. They will say and do anything to prove their own goodness, but they will be wrong - dead wrong when divine judgment visits them.

Any man or woman who wishes to follow Christ MUST accept His law and His wishes. It would be better to deny Him altogether than to lie about what He expects of each of us. The deepest pit of hell is reserved for those who preach deceit about the Kingdom of God.

Clearly, IF you read my post, you didn't understand it. Perhaps you're so high up in that choir loft, you can't even see who is taking the same stance as you, with a few refinements on the principles, and hopefully presented in a different spirit. Peace

Last edited by Rbbi1; 03-09-2016 at 09:45 AM..

Old 03-09-2016, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Is that the best you can do? If your position is just and right and good, you should be able to do better than attempt to sling empty phrases. If you want to justify yourself, then write something worthy of argument. ...snip...

No, it's not the best I can do.

But it's all your verbal diarrhea is worth.

Old 03-09-2016, 09:52 AM

Quote:
More excreted verbal bile.
You have something more worthy to say, TroutDude - then write it.

Personally I doubt that you have the capacity.

I for one would appreciate and respect a rebuttal from someone who has thought through their position and is able with logic and perhaps a touch of literate flair to write it down here. Unfortunately, those who support the gay position seem to like to wallow in cheap mono-syllable words and epithets. They cry hate when they have no other word to use and they misquote scripture and Biblical context when they have no other literature to draw from (probably because they don't spend a whole lot of time reading).

Want truth TroutDude? I don't hate you or your gay life style. I really don't. I just think you have no idea what the hell you are doing. You certainly don't seem to be able to find the words to describe it if you did. You are lost in your sin, wallowing in your lusts and you have no idea why except that it feels good.

Want more truth? It does feel good. It does seem good. Love and affection are sometimes thought to be the dearest most wonderful things in the world and what happens in the bedroom is the ultimate hope and expression of it.

But there is more to life than living and more to death than dying and God is in the middle of all of it.

God has provided His guidance and blessing and salvation to those who are wise enough to follow him. To the man or woman who is willing to stretch themselves outside the envelope of human experience and hope, God offers forgiveness and a second chance at living with Him.

It is worth the sacrifice and effort, believe me.

Old 03-09-2016, 09:57 AM

Quote:
You have something more worthy to say, TroutDude - then write it.

Personally I doubt that you have the capacity.

I for one would appreciate and respect a rebuttal from someone who has thought through their position and is able with logic and perhaps a touch of literate flair to write it down here. Unfortunately, those who support the gay position seem to like to wallow in cheap mono-syllable words and epithets. They cry hate when they have no other word to use and they misquote scripture and Biblical context when they have no other literature to draw from (probably because they don't spend a whole lot of time reading).

Want truth TroutDude? I don't hate you or your gay life style. I really don't. I just think you have no idea what the hell you are doing. You certainly don't seem to be able to find the words to describe it if you did. You are lost in your sin, wallowing in your lusts and you have no idea why except that it feels good.

Want more truth? It does feel good. It does seem good. Love and affection are sometimes thought to be the dearest most wonderful things in the world and what happens in the bedroom is the ultimate hope and expression of it.

But there is more to life than living and more to death than dying and God is in the middle of all of it.

God has provided His guidance and blessing and salvation to those who are wise enough to follow him. To the man or woman who is willing to stretch themselves outside the envelope of human experience and hope, God offers forgiveness and a second chance at living with Him.

It is worth the sacrifice and effort, believe me.

PS - If it's important for you to fantasize about me being gay, that's ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or