U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 07:03 PM

20,597 posts, read 22,756,427 times

Advertisements

Be aware that those will deceive you with false opinions, with sins of greed, failing the poor, self-edification, and distortion of the truth condemning you to eternal death.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2016, 07:30 AM

14,070 posts, read 8,576,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
You sound like a nice person, but with all due respect 'nice' doesn't mean squat to God. You can't bribe, beg or steal your way into the Kingdom of God. Nobody can. Acceptance of Christ and His way of living is what He demands.
Actually this is just cover for you demanding acceptance of YOUR way and what YOU demand.

You have not established that your subjective interpretation of scripture is any more authoritative than anyone else's. Therefore if I seek to follow scripture it would be incumbent upon me to take the least bigoted and most accepting, inclusive and loving interpretation.

Old 03-12-2016, 08:35 AM

10,523 posts, read 4,151,710 times
I am forced to vote trump.
I am not happy about it.
"God" gotz notin to do with it fo me.

Old 03-12-2016, 08:49 AM

10,523 posts, read 4,151,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Actually this is just cover for you demanding acceptance of YOUR way and what YOU demand.

You have not established that your subjective interpretation of scripture is any more authoritative than anyone else's. Therefore if I seek to follow scripture it would be incumbent upon me to take the least bigoted and most accepting, inclusive and loving interpretation.

personal emotional stances are fine when you admit your own. being an ex-fundy, one has to remember revenge factors to properly weight personal experiences in the formation of rigid and/or inflexible conclusions. Especially when the numbers don't support the fundy's stain.

Old 03-13-2016, 05:10 PM

1,202 posts, read 637,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Maybe instead of hollering from the choir loft, you should be amongst the people as Christ was and do your "hollering" there.

Not being a Christain, don't really know how to describe my belief structure, I find the present Republican field to be a scary bunch of panderers to the nastier side of humanity.

Old 03-13-2016, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
I am forced to vote trump.
I am not happy about it.
"God" gotz notin to do with it fo me.
If only more people could admit bigotry and hate are deciding factors in choosing a candidate?

Old 03-14-2016, 02:23 AM

20,187 posts, read 12,840,711 times
Some Republicans like Huckabee and Ben Carson say they support Trump because they think he can win. They may like others better but they can't see them winning where our country is right now.

Our country is too secular now. I wish it was more religious and I like Cruz but will he win?

Old 03-14-2016, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Some Republicans like Huckabee and Ben Carson say they support Trump because they think he can win. They may like others better but they can't see them winning where our country is right now.

Our country is too secular now. I wish it was more religious and I like Cruz but will he win?
Iran and Iraq are pretty religious, might I suggest relocating to something a bit more theological??

Old 03-14-2016, 11:52 AM

839 posts, read 960,938 times
The most Christian "acting" candidate is JEWISH! Has anyone noticed that?

Old 03-14-2016, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
The most Christian "acting" candidate is JEWISH! Has anyone noticed that?
So was the most "christian" acting rabbi..He was a long haired, liberal Jew....

I have followed one for so long, Now I get to vote for one.

Just tells me where the REAL basis for Jesus ministry comes from..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or