Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 04:37 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,955,378 times

Advertisements

Romans 10:4 Christ is the end of the Law

So, Jesus, as Messiah, brought an end to the temporary Constitution of the Mosaic Law contract or covenant
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2016, 04:58 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Sorry... words mean things. I know that can be a problem for some...
Yes, they do and translations can be misleading to a verbal literalist. Do a comparison of translations.

Old 03-08-2016, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
According to unrepentant sinners, and those who condone sin,
you don't have to follow the 10 Commandments anymore.
In this thread you see a poster attempt to mischaracterize
Christ's description of the reasons for the 10 Commandments.
The devil is cunning.
Instead of vague aspersions, why don't you give a lucid counter to that characterization?

Old 03-08-2016, 05:06 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,708,541 times
Quote:
The devil is cunning.
Yes you are! For Christ did not characterize the Ten Commandments anywhere in the gospels where He speaks. When Jesus did "quote" several of the 10 commandments, HE ALSO quoted the greatest commandment of all, that was not even in the 10 commandments. This proves that "keep the commandments" includes MORE than just the 10 commandments. And all of them are kept by keeping one, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and strength and mind," and the new one that Jesus provided and which you consider the LEAST commandment.

Old 03-08-2016, 05:12 PM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Romans 10:4 Christ is the end of the Law

So, Jesus, as Messiah, brought an end to the temporary Constitution of the Mosaic Law contract or covenant
Then he must have been mistaken when he said that those who don't keep the laws of moses and teaches other not to keep it will be the least in the kingdom?

He was wrong when he proclaimed that he did not come to abolish the law, and he was wrong when he stated the fact that when a person keeps even the least of the laws and teaches other to keep the laws, they will be the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?

If your Messiah is so wrong in so many places, then why would you possibly think that he could be the Messiah? And if any Jew came teaching Jews not to keep the laws of Moses, then he was a dirty rotten sinner who is obviously breaking the law, and by law, he should be put to death.

They told that lie about Stephen and they even had to pay liars to say that Stephen was teaching Jews not to keep the laws of Moses, and if that is what Stephen was doing, I would have been the first to throw a stone, to push him of the chair.

If those liars were really telling the truth, then Stephen had all the reason in the world to die as a sinner, but liars were paid to tell that lie.

Those liars told the same lie about Paul until he was brought up before the authorities under such accusations but Paul went and sacrificed decades after Jesus died, and he had his friend circumcised, and he presented himself to his own authorities which were the priests in Judaism. Tens of thousands of Jews believed and every one of them became even more zealous in keeping the law, and now it was told to Paul that liars were going around telling lies and rumors that Paul was teaching Jews not to keep the laws, and so Paul went way out of his way to prove his innocence of the LIES.

He sacrificed and took an oath under the hands of those priests, his authorities in Judaism and he saved his life by proving those lies were just that, lies.

So would you have us believe that the liars who were paid to lie against Stephen were not liars? Or would you have us believe that Jesus was a liar himself when he said he didn't come to do away with the law, and was he so wrong when he talked about people who keep the law and teach others to keep the laws?

Why would you even believe in Jesus if he is so wrong?

Old 03-08-2016, 05:29 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,586,452 times
Nate and Warden SERIOUSLY
after all the posts I've made in this forum
which are quite worth reading, thank you,
do you really think I'm going along with your latest
heresy trap - and it's a big deal - that those of
us who are Christians don't "have to" adhere to the
10 Commandments ?

Sorry but I wasn't born yesterday.
I know snakes when I see them.
Meet Heel.

Old 03-08-2016, 05:49 PM

Quote:
The devil is cunning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Instead of vague aspersions, why don't you give a lucid counter to that characterization?
Quote:
10 Commandments ?

Meet Heel.
I have yet to see you make a post that has any substance more that "this is not what I have been taught and I don't like it!" A more honest answer to the question would be "because I lack the capacity to.. I don't even understand what is being said, but it's DIFFERENT and I don't like it!"

Old 03-08-2016, 06:06 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,708,541 times
Quote:
10 Commandments ?

Meet Heel.
Yes, it is easier to recognize your own kin. I have absolutely no doubt that I am the bigger sinner, that's why you are easily recognizable as one of my own. I love you anyway, because God loved me.

Your life would be much improved if you simply read nightly the most valuable thing Paul ever wrote------- I Corinthians, chapter 13.

Then practice it. It will make a huge difference, and you won't need a rulebook to keep you on the straight and narrow.

Men say when they know they will do; Jesus say when you do, you will know. The seeds of truth sprout in the soil of obedience to the command to love one another.

Old 03-09-2016, 10:09 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Then he must have been mistaken when he said that those who don't keep the laws of moses and teaches other not to keep it will be the least in the kingdom?

He was wrong when he proclaimed that he did not come to abolish the law, and he was wrong when he stated the fact that when a person keeps even the least of the laws and teaches other to keep the laws, they will be the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?

If your Messiah is so wrong in so many places, then why would you possibly think that he could be the Messiah? And if any Jew came teaching Jews not to keep the laws of Moses, then he was a dirty rotten sinner who is obviously breaking the law, and by law, he should be put to death.

They told that lie about Stephen and they even had to pay liars to say that Stephen was teaching Jews not to keep the laws of Moses, and if that is what Stephen was doing, I would have been the first to throw a stone, to push him of the chair.

If those liars were really telling the truth, then Stephen had all the reason in the world to die as a sinner, but liars were paid to tell that lie.

Those liars told the same lie about Paul until he was brought up before the authorities under such accusations but Paul went and sacrificed decades after Jesus died, and he had his friend circumcised, and he presented himself to his own authorities which were the priests in Judaism. Tens of thousands of Jews believed and every one of them became even more zealous in keeping the law, and now it was told to Paul that liars were going around telling lies and rumors that Paul was teaching Jews not to keep the laws, and so Paul went way out of his way to prove his innocence of the LIES.

He sacrificed and took an oath under the hands of those priests, his authorities in Judaism and he saved his life by proving those lies were just that, lies.

So would you have us believe that the liars who were paid to lie against Stephen were not liars? Or would you have us believe that Jesus was a liar himself when he said he didn't come to do away with the law, and was he so wrong when he talked about people who keep the law and teach others to keep the laws?

Why would you even believe in Jesus if he is so wrong?

Amen

Old 03-09-2016, 11:10 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,693,188 times
Quote:

<snip>

heresy trap
- and it's a big deal - that those of
10 Commandments ?

Meet Heel

Can you believe it, "that those of us who are Christians don't "have to" adhere to the
10 Commandments "

and even to think in questioning, " Does 2 Corinthians 3:7-11 mean the 10 Commandments were temporary? "

Your right," meet heel !" That is what one should always resort too, quickly !!

There seems to be more and more of those serpents slithering and moving smoothly, twisting and oscillating God's word through out this forum . Speaking in their natural language, a split tongue of deception “Indeed, has God said," “You surely will not die! " can recognize that deceitful voice anywhere !

Deception #1 when they tell you, "your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”
It is that old trickster' voice in his so called intellectual wisdom, speaking the mysteries of his mystical mind of Knowledge that has taken many beyond the boundary of God's truth deep down into a pit of deception .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity