Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 11:28 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times

Advertisements

Yep, whoever thought the phrase, "you are what you eat" was going to be so profound in meaning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2016, 11:36 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,714,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post

Can you believe it, "that those of us who are Christians don't "have to" adhere to the
10 Commandments "

and even to think in questioning, " Does 2 Corinthians 3:7-11 mean the 10 Commandments were temporary? "

Your right," meet heel !" That is what one should always resort too, quickly !!

There seems to be more and more of those serpents slithering and moving smoothly, twisting and oscillating God's word through out this forum . Speaking in their natural language, a split tongue of deception “Indeed, has God said," “You surely will not die! " can recognize that deceitful voice anywhere !

Deception #1 when they tell you, "your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”
It is that old trickster' voice in his so called intellectual wisdom, speaking the mysteries of his mystical mind of Knowledge that has taken many beyond the boundary of God's truth deep down into a pit of deception .
Cyber, having eyes you cannot read, and ears you cannot hear.

As I posted in the beginning, keeping Jesus' New Commandment of loving others as yourself ALWAYS results in keeping those Ten Commandments. I challenge you to provide a single scenario, real or fiction, where that does not apply.

Once again, you don't see the Bible as a beacon to Christ, you see it as a rulebook--and much as you may not like being compared with the Pharisees that is exactly the attitude they displayed and Jesus rebuked.

Old 03-09-2016, 01:14 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,591,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Yes, it is easier to recognize your own kin. I have absolutely no doubt that I am the bigger sinner, that's why you are easily recognizable as one of my own. I love you anyway, because God loved me.

Your life would be much improved if you simply read nightly the most valuable thing Paul ever wrote------- I Corinthians, chapter 13.

Then practice it. It will make a huge difference, and you won't need a rulebook to keep you on the straight and narrow.

Men say when they know they will do; Jesus say when you do, you will know. The seeds of truth sprout in the soil of obedience to the command to love one another.
Moderator cut: deleted
and stop trying to tell Christians
that they don't have to follow the
10 Commandments. The 10 Commandments
isn't even the "law" of what Paul was speaking.
He was speaking about the Rabbinic traditions.

Last edited by june 7th; 03-10-2016 at 11:14 AM..

Old 03-09-2016, 01:31 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Moderator cut: Orphaned
Learn to read and comprehend. No one is saying they don't have to follow the 10 commandments. They are triyng to tell you that we are to follow far more than that by using the ACTUAL principle behind them - Love God and each other every day and repent when we don't. That covers the 10 automatically but it covers far MORE than the 10 when sincerely and rigorously followed.

Last edited by june 7th; 03-10-2016 at 11:15 AM..

Old 03-09-2016, 01:40 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,591,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Learn to read and comprehend.
You have no right to talk to me like that. I wasn't even talking to you.
Wardendresden and Nateswift have been saying the same thing for
years on this forum. Earlier in the thread, I know what I read.
The 10 Commandments must still be obeyed by Christians. They
are not done with, they were not "temporary".
That has been the position of the Christian church for millenia, so
don't act like you've never heard it before.
It is certainly not a minority opinion that Christians must obey the
10 Commandments, and opinion has nothing to do with it anyway.
I'm done. I refuse to even talk to people who claim to be Christians
but don't follow and tell others not to follow the 10 Commandments.
Bye.

Old 03-09-2016, 10:02 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,714,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Moderator cut: Orphaned
And you know Paul was speaking about Rabbinic tradition how? By actually reading Scripture within its context? But you don't do that.

Quote:
Peter A. Tomson, in his excellent book "Paul and the Jewish Law", three main traditional assumptions: 1. first of all, it is thought that Paul was polemic and negative in his attitude towards the Jewish Torah; 2. secondly, this Law was no longer of practical value in the life of the individual and 3. ancient Jewish literature is of no value as source material in the interpretation of his letters."
PAUL'S TEACHING ON THE JEWISH LAW

In Ephesians 2:14-15 Paul writes:
Quote:
For he himself is our peace, who has made us both one and has broken down in his flesh the dividing wall of hostilityby abolishing the law of commandments expressed in ordinances, that he might create in himself one new man in place of the two, so making peace,--
You neither read your bible nor do you comprehend it. I love to do verbal (postal) debate with those who THINK they know Scripture. It is a minefield for the unlearned--and you just stepped on a biblical mine or on a cow patty.

But the message is simple and trustworthy for Christ followers. Love others as yourself and you will be loving God with all your heart, and strength, and mind.

Last edited by june 7th; 03-10-2016 at 11:16 AM..

Old 03-09-2016, 10:08 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
And you know Paul was speaking about Rabbinic tradition how? By actually reading Scripture within its context? But you don't do that.

You neither read your bible nor do you comprehend it. I love to do verbal (postal) debate with those who THINK they know Scripture. It is a minefield for the unlearned--and you just stepped on a biblical mine or on a cow patty.

But the message is simple and trustworthy for Christ followers. Love others as yourself and you will be loving God with all your heart, and strength, and mind.

Old 03-10-2016, 08:36 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times
Quote:

Sorry, but this simply isn't true. Paul was actively a Jew, He was just a Jew who knew His Messiah. Better read Acts again. Peace

Old 03-10-2016, 09:03 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Sorry, but this simply isn't true. Paul was actively a Jew, He was just a Jew who knew His Messiah. Better read Acts again. Peace
1 Cor 9:20 "And to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the Law, as under the Law, though not being myself under the Law, that I might win those who are under the Law;"

Paul DID recognize that "The Law" was fulfilled in "The New Commandment," and that observation of forms was not what is important in relationships, but to those who think they are, it is best to observe the forms in order to help them see what really IS important. Really knowing his Messiah.

Old 03-10-2016, 09:17 AM

23,148 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
1 Cor 9:20 "And to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the Law, as under the Law, though not being myself under the Law, that I might win those who are under the Law;"

Paul DID recognize that "The Law" was fulfilled in "The New Commandment," and that observation of forms was not what is important in relationships, but to those who think they are, it is best to observe the forms in order to help them see what really IS important. Really knowing his Messiah.

Being everything to every man is not to compromise your own faith and what you youself believe. I am everything to everyone, at least I try. I can speak to Atheists, to Christians in a loving way sometimes.

But it doesn't change what I believe, and didn't change Paul keeping the law himself. It changed how he could interact with people because Jews did not sit down with Samaritans and gentiles to do anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity