U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2016, 07:50 PM

9,169 posts, read 2,778,598 times

Advertisements

@WardenDresden...

G-d only speaks through SOME scripture? What Bible are you reading?

2Tim 3: 15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Inspiration of G-d, does NOT mean, oh, the little man had a nice thought and wrote it down. It's means IT'S HIS BREATH, literally G-D BREATHED SCRIPTURES. He breathes through men like a wind instrument.

And do you really think Augustine influenced the Jews on what is written in the Talmud concerning the "pollution of the serpent?" Or do you really think the first "Christians", who were actually Jews, just didn't understand the whole concept of sin and death or anything else they expounded upon FROM THE FOUNDATION OF THE LAW AND THE PROPHETS in the LIGHT (understanding of said breath that comes INSTANTLY with it) they now had of their Messiah, and they got it all wrong?

Now which of the two scenarios you propose are the most preposterous in light of the facts? You would do well to throw away whatever books written by MERE MEN you are feeding off of, because they are SNAKE BIT THEMSELVES, and cannot help you.

You cannot understand the NT unless you understand the "OT", and in case you didn't realize it, the NT is about 80% references to what is written in the "OT". Could be why He talked about having the proper foundation not build on sand. Peace

Last edited by Rbbi1; 03-12-2016 at 08:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2016, 07:57 PM

20,299 posts, read 15,642,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Except you don't believe ALL God's Word. Geekigurl is correct. God will have mercy on whom He will have mercy--according to Scripture.
Scripture states that those who believe on Christ have eternal life. Those who don't believe on Christ remain under condemnation.

Quote:
Romans 9:18

So, you must disbelieve this verse --or make up a story as you already have done--one that isn't in the Bible and is your attempt to ADD to scripture to make it fit your man-made doctrine.
Romans 9:18 regarding those on whom God will have mercy is not about individual salvation. In context it is concerned with God's plan for Israel in delivering the Israelites from bondage in Egypt. It has to do with the fact that in hardening Pharaohs heart, God was simply intensifying what was already in Pharaohs heart.

Quote:
Where is the verse of scripture that backs up your idea? If you rely on the Bible, show us the verses. You can't because they aren't there. That leaves you in a position of understanding your doctrine as sending babies to hell, or that perhaps your doctrine is nothing but what you have heard from denominational handlers.

It's not in the Bible so denominational leaders create a fiction story and give to it the same spiritual credibility they give to what really is in the Bible.
Since I stated that babies, as well as those who are mentally incapable of making a volitional decision concerning Jesus are automatically saved, I obviously do not believe that babies are sent to hell.

Since God is perfectly fair, and perfectly just, it would not be fair or just for God to leave in condemnation those who simply are unable to make the volitional decision regarding Jesus that God requires of mankind. The most basic issue in salvation is whether or not a person will believe on Jesus Christ for salvation. It only stands to reason that since God requires a volitional decision on the part of man regarding Jesus in order to be saved, He will not hold responsible those who are unable to make that volitional choice due to lack of mental capacity.

David knew that he would again see his newborn son who had died. David was not on his way to 'hell.' Neither was the baby (2 Samuel 12:23).

Quote:
Look at your whole fictionalized story about "tribulational" survivors being addressed.

In chapter 25 Jesus is speaking to those around Him. The Greek word for "brothers" here is adelphoi (Strongs G80). This means literally "brothers". However, it can also mean "countryman" or "followers".
The context of those verses in Matthew supports the idea that He is speaking about followers here. Followers that obey and followers that do not obey. The whole thought of Jesus is in verse 40 where He says that if "you did it to the least of my adelphoi, you did it to me."
Matthew chapters 24 and 25 are speaking of the still future Tribulation as stated in Matthew 24:29 where it speaks of the return of Jesus immediately after the Tribulation. The judgment of the nations mentioned in chapter 25 will take place following the Tribulation.

It is the Tribulational survivors who will be judged at the judgment of the nations.

Quote:
Further there is internal support for this in Matthew 10:40-42
Now regarding that last line above, Jesus either told the truth that the cup of cold water given to one of these "little ones who is my disciple" will not lose their reward, or Jesus was lying to those He spoke to when He told them the same. Those who provide water aren't even addressed as His followers or disciples--but He promises them they will not lose their reward.

Again, you may need to create another non-biblical fiction story to twist "reward" into some sort of earthly privilege rather than a heavenly one. I'm just pointing out that you don't believe the whole Bible yourself--you fictionalize it to make your own Scripture.

Now if you viewed ALL Scripture through the lens of the Spirit of Jesus Christ it's not necessary to swallow horrible themes about your god's nature NOR make up fictional stories about why he isn't really that bad. God speaks through some Scripture, but no more so than He speaks to trusting individuals today.

You might wish to LISTEN to what Geekigurl is posting rather than continue in the lie of creative stories that support that have been used to brainwash christians since the time of Augustine--from whom we got all that original sin garbage. It's the same Augustine that has made christians view sex in a shameful manner.

Since you have no doubts--and you have ALL the answers--you aren't open to learn anything or even hear anything except that which supports your preconceived notions.

Truthseekers aren't afraid to hear alternate ideas and test them in their own hearts. Now the Pharisees---that's another story.
Jesus was indeed referring to believers when He spoke of 'those who give a cup of cold water in the name of a disciple' (Matthew 10:42). No works of the unbeliever will save him from the lake of fire.

As I said, the rewards that the believer earns are rewards both in the Millennial kingdom and in eternity. Any work that the believer does which is found at the judgment seat of Christ to be 'gold, silver, and precious stones' will be rewarded. The believer's works which are found to be 'wood, hay, and straw' will be burned up though the believer himself is saved (1 Cor. 3:12-15).

Old 03-12-2016, 08:25 PM

20,560 posts, read 22,721,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Jesus said,
John 5:24 "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

John 6:40 For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.

It is those who have believed on Him who have eternal life. And those who have not believed on Him, don't.
So the question is---

I say I believe on Him, another says the same--

Neither of us agree on ANYTHING beyond that---

I say God loves everyone

e says God only loves those that LOVE Him

I say God is all about mercy, justice and love

He says God is all about vengeance, repenting, and obedience

Who will make the narrow path and who will be left behind?

We both "believe" in Him, yet one uses the bible to oppress, the other uses the bible to forgive?

Old 03-12-2016, 08:35 PM

37,499 posts, read 25,232,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
So the question is---

I say God loves everyone
He says God only loves those that LOVE Him

We both "believe" in Him, yet one uses the bible to oppress, the other uses the bible to forgive?
Thanks for exposing the idiocy of the non-love Gospel.

Old 03-12-2016, 08:39 PM

Quote:
So the question is---

I say God loves everyone

The only issue in eternal salvation . . . the ONLY issue, is whether you have trusted in Christ Jesus for eternal life.

If a person has believed that Christ died for his sins and rose again with the result that he trusts in Jesus' finished redemptive work on the cross, he has entered into an eternal relationship with God regardless of his views concerning non-essential (with regard to salvation) doctrines and regardless of how he lives his life after having been saved.

The disobedient believer can come under severe divine discipline in time, but his eternal salvation is never in jeopardy.

Old 03-12-2016, 08:58 PM

8,585 posts, read 5,115,237 times
You
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
G-d only speaks through SOME scripture? What Bible are you reading?

2Tim 3: 15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Inspiration of G-d, does NOT mean, oh, the little man had a nice thought and wrote it down. It's means IT'S HIS BREATH, literally G-D BREATHED SCRIPTURES. He breathes through men like a wind instrument.

And do you really think Augustine influenced the Jews on what is written in the Talmud concerning the "pollution of the serpent?" Or do you really think the first "Christians", who were actually Jews, just didn't understand the whole concept of sin and death or anything else they expounded upon FROM THE FOUNDATION OF THE LAW AND THE PROPHETS in the LIGHT (understanding of said breath that comes INSTANTLY with it) they now had of their Messiah, and they got it all wrong?

Now which of the two scenarios you propose are the most preposterous in light of the facts? You would do well to throw away whatever books written by MERE MEN you are feeding off of, because they are SNAKE BIT THEMSELVES, and cannot help you.

You cannot understand the NT unless you understand the "OT", and in case you didn't realize it, the NT is about 80% references to what is written in the "OT". Could be why He talked about having the proper foundation not build on sand. Peace
The very verse you quote did not include the NT. There was no NT until 300 years after Christ. At best it would be what new Christians were saying about the Torah and Prophets. Besides, the Jews accept the Masoretic texts as the originals that were inspired by God (and many believe inspiration was done by the time of Ezra). You read a translation of the Greek Septuagint which has many differences from the Masoretic, some of them significant.

So the author of 2nd Timothy, whom most authors consider to be a follower of Paul rather than Paul (the writing style is very different from the other two Pastoral letters by Paul, 1 Timothy and Titus), could only have been referencing the OT, not the New. The Jewish cannon itself was still in flux and most likely wasn't set in stone prior to the end of the first century. Religious Jews are divided on the time frame.

Jewish Scripture was written over about eight centuries and has gone through alterations much as has the NT. in addition, even WITHIN the OT Scripture sometimes directly contradicts other parts as views changed. So which ones did God "breathe?"

Since I know the truth of this is probably upsetting just read the OT verses about God visiting the sins of the fathers on the sons, and then look up and read where God said He didn't do that, and finally where He supposedly does both--applies the sins of the sons on top of the sins of their fathers. Or try reading about how eunuchs were to be secondary citizens in Israel and elsewhere that they will be blessed above others if they are faithful.

Mere men are whom God inspired to write Scripture. And unless you come out with "God doesn't inspire men (nor women) anymore," then you are faced with coming up with a theory of "degrees" of inspiration. Some inspiration is holier than other inspiration.

I value Scripture and have read it nightly up until very recently when cataract surgery has improved my distance vision but left me unable to read printed material very easily without the background of the computer--and I have no computer version of Scripture. But at least I'm getting my eyes examined for ne glasses this coming week now that there are no eye swelling issues.

But I don't worship Scripture as "more inspired" than any good message a loving pastor might preach, or the fine piano playing found in most gospel quartets (I'm a big fan of old time gospel music). God still inspires at the same level He always inspires at--all or nothing. He still speaks today through the same kind of sinful men He used to write Scripture. The Bible itself reports numerous sins of God's servants. David was an adulterer who still managed to write quite a few good Psalms and a couple that have done nothing but cause problems for casual Bible readers who refuse to get down and dirty with the nuances in Scripture because they fear what they will find.

Guess what's? It was a mere man who first told me about Jesus. Should I have ignored him because he was a mere, sinful man? Jesus appeared to like sinful men? He was frequently kinder to them than to bible believers.

You point out the huge problem for Bible idolaters. They must make up stories like Mike does to make all their "unshakeable" doctrines "fit." But their stories are no more biblical than this very post.

Jesus spent a good deal of time telling the Pharisees they didn't get it right. They let Scripture blind them to the grace, love, and mercy Jesus extended to people who deserved death under the Torah. He talked with Samaritans that had a different OT than the Jews and we have no record of Him telling them their Bible was wrong. He healed a menustrating woman who touched Him (uncleanness according to the OT) and didn't demand she be stoned for coming in to village and doing the same. He had lunch with those considered godless traitors, Jewish tax collectors who, in the eyes of their countrymen, were no different than Nazi collaborators in WWII.

Jesus always stood with sinners and those despised. He kept away from Pharisees and Saduccees as much as possible knowing how much they loved to create stories about Scripture--as in the Talmud.

The only difference between the made up stories of the Pharisees and that of fundamentalists, is the Pharisees had the guts to write theirs down so they wouldn't have a changing view every time a new scriptural proble m arose.

Fundamentalists don't want to hinder themselves with consistency, so they make up whatever story is necessary to keep intact, in their minds, whatever dogma they are protecting today.

So, yes. I trust mere men the way Jesus trusted them, knowing full well that given an opportunity some of those I trust will nail me to the cross they have created for me.

Meanwhile, figure out which OT is the God dictated one. And try looking up the JEREMIAH DILEMMA and reading about how different the older Qumran version is from what you read in the Bible. While you do so, question why we even have a Jeremiah scroll when an evil king burnt the first one up and God told Jeremiah to throw the second one ( which He commanded Jeremiah write) into the sea. He apparently wasn't as hung up on the writings He inspired as are our current day Pharisees.

Last edited by Wardendresden; 03-12-2016 at 09:44 PM..

Old 03-12-2016, 09:25 PM

8,585 posts, read 5,115,237 times
Quote:
So the question is---

I say God loves everyone

The difference comes from what is in the heart--judgment or mercy!!

Have to give you an IOU Rep.

Old 03-13-2016, 08:48 AM

9,169 posts, read 2,778,598 times
Quote:
You

The very verse you quote did not include the NT. There was no NT until 300 years after Christ. At best it would be what new Christians were saying about the Torah and Prophets. Besides, the Jews accept the Masoretic texts as the originals that were inspired by God (and many believe inspiration was done by the time of Ezra). You read a translation of the Greek Septuagint which has many differences from the Masoretic, some of them significant.

So the author of 2nd Timothy, whom most authors consider to be a follower of Paul rather than Paul (the writing style is very different from the other two Pastoral letters by Paul, 1 Timothy and Titus), could only have been referencing the OT, not the New. The Jewish cannon itself was still in flux and most likely wasn't set in stone prior to the end of the first century. Religious Jews are divided on the time frame.

Jewish Scripture was written over about eight centuries and has gone through alterations much as has the NT. in addition, even WITHIN the OT Scripture sometimes directly contradicts other parts as views changed. So which ones did God "breathe?"

Since I know the truth of this is probably upsetting just read the OT verses about God visiting the sins of the fathers on the sons, and then look up and read where God said He didn't do that, and finally where He supposedly does both--applies the sins of the sons on top of the sins of their fathers. Or try reading about how eunuchs were to be secondary citizens in Israel and elsewhere that they will be blessed above others if they are faithful.

Mere men are whom God inspired to write Scripture. And unless you come out with "God doesn't inspire men (nor women) anymore," then you are faced with coming up with a theory of "degrees" of inspiration. Some inspiration is holier than other inspiration.

I value Scripture and have read it nightly up until very recently when cataract surgery has improved my distance vision but left me unable to read printed material very easily without the background of the computer--and I have no computer version of Scripture. But at least I'm getting my eyes examined for ne glasses this coming week now that there are no eye swelling issues.

But I don't worship Scripture as "more inspired" than any good message a loving pastor might preach, or the fine piano playing found in most gospel quartets (I'm a big fan of old time gospel music). God still inspires at the same level He always inspires at--all or nothing. He still speaks today through the same kind of sinful men He used to write Scripture. The Bible itself reports numerous sins of God's servants. David was an adulterer who still managed to write quite a few good Psalms and a couple that have done nothing but cause problems for casual Bible readers who refuse to get down and dirty with the nuances in Scripture because they fear what they will find.

Guess what's? It was a mere man who first told me about Jesus. Should I have ignored him because he was a mere, sinful man? Jesus appeared to like sinful men? He was frequently kinder to them than to bible believers.

You point out the huge problem for Bible idolaters. They must make up stories like Mike does to make all their "unshakeable" doctrines "fit." But their stories are no more biblical than this very post.

Jesus spent a good deal of time telling the Pharisees they didn't get it right. They let Scripture blind them to the grace, love, and mercy Jesus extended to people who deserved death under the Torah. He talked with Samaritans that had a different OT than the Jews and we have no record of Him telling them their Bible was wrong. He healed a menustrating woman who touched Him (uncleanness according to the OT) and didn't demand she be stoned for coming in to village and doing the same. He had lunch with those considered godless traitors, Jewish tax collectors who, in the eyes of their countrymen, were no different than Nazi collaborators in WWII.

Jesus always stood with sinners and those despised. He kept away from Pharisees and Saduccees as much as possible knowing how much they loved to create stories about Scripture--as in the Talmud.

The only difference between the made up stories of the Pharisees and that of fundamentalists, is the Pharisees had the guts to write theirs down so they wouldn't have a changing view every time a new scriptural proble m arose.

Fundamentalists don't want to hinder themselves with consistency, so they make up whatever story is necessary to keep intact, in their minds, whatever dogma they are protecting today.

So, yes. I trust mere men the way Jesus trusted them, knowing full well that given an opportunity some of those I trust will nail me to the cross they have created for me.

Meanwhile, figure out which OT is the God dictated one. And try looking up the JEREMIAH DILEMMA and reading about how different the older Qumran version is from what you read in the Bible. While you do so, question why we even have a Jeremiah scroll when an evil king burnt the first one up and God told Jeremiah to throw the second one ( which He commanded Jeremiah write) into the sea. He apparently wasn't as hung up on the writings He inspired as are our current day Pharisees.

I am aware that Timothy was referring to the "OT" scriptures.

You ignore history, those "new Christians" were JEWS who now knew their Messiah. The first 3000 recorded saved were Jews from 18 countries who were in Jerusalem for "Pentecost". Many more followed.

No one is arguing with you about ignoring the mere man who brought you to Jesus. But if you are His, why do you try to tear down what is His, just because you don't understand it? ANY discrepancies you find can always be explained by a deeper understanding of the principles. He teaches line upon line, but also precept upon precept. The line upon line is only a reflection of the principle it describes. And like a reflection when you see one in water, the slightest wind can mar even slightly, the image that you see. This is why we are told not to be swayed by every wind of doctrine, which does not happen if your foundation is sure.

I highly recommend if you want to be a serious student of scripture (and I think you do) that you investigate the way the writers of the book, do exegesis. It will open up a world of difference to you. It's called Pardes....perhaps you've heard of it. From Wiki...

Pardes" refers to (types of) approaches to biblical exegesis in rabbinic Judaism or to interpretation of text in Torah study. The term, sometimes also spelled PaRDeS, is an acronym formed from the same initials of the following four approaches:
  • Peshat (פְּשָׁט) — "surface" ("straight") or the literal (direct) meaning.[SIZE=2][1][/SIZE]
  • Remez (רֶמֶז) — "hints" or the deep (allegoric: hidden or symbolic) meaning beyond just the literal sense.
  • Derash (דְּרַשׁ) — from Hebrew darash: "inquire" ("seek") — the comparative (midrashic) meaning, as given through similar occurrences.
  • Sod (סוֹד) (pronounced with a long O as in 'sore') — "secret" ("mystery") or the esoteric/mystical meaning, as given through inspiration or revelation.
Each type of Pardes interpretation examines the extended meaning of a text. As a general rule, the extended meaning never contradicts the base meaning. The Peshat means the plain or contextual meaning of the text. Remez is the allegorical meaning. Derash includes the metaphorical meaning, and Sod represents the hidden meaning. There is often considerable overlap, for example when legal understandings of a verse are influenced by mystical interpretations or when a "hint" is determined by comparing a word with other instances of the same word.

Last edited by Rbbi1; 03-13-2016 at 09:44 AM..

Old 03-13-2016, 09:26 AM

Quote:
You

The very verse you quote did not include the NT. There was no NT until 300 years after Christ.
Actually, all of the New Testament letters had been written by around A.D. 95 and circulated among the churches. They simply weren't assembled under one cover until later. And so, the New Testament was in existence by the end of the first century. F. F. Bruce, Rylands Professor of Biblical Criticism And Exegesis at the University of Manchester, England, comments,
''The New Testament was complete, or substantially complete about AD 100, the majority of the writings being in existence twenty to forty years before this.''

[The New Testament Documents, Are They Reliable, F.F. Bruce, pp. 6-7]
The Muratorian Canon which is dated to c. A.D. 175 lists 21 of the 27 New Testament letters.

The Muratorian Fragment

To claim that there was no New Testament until 300 years after Christ is a gross misrepresentation of the facts.

Quote:
So the author of 2nd Timothy, whom most authors consider to be a follower of Paul rather than Paul (the writing style is very different from the other two Pastoral letters by Paul, 1 Timothy and Titus), could only have been referencing the OT, not the New.
Second Timothy was the last of Paul's epistles to have been written, probably around the mid 60's. Paul considered what he spoke to be the word of God (1 Thessalonians 2:13). He would have considered his epistles to be no less. Certainly, Paul's letters are compared to the rest of the Scriptures in 2 Peter 3:16.

Therefore, in addition to the Old Testament Scriptures, Paul could very well have also had his own writings in mind when he said that ''All scripture is God breathed, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness; (2 Timothy 3:16). And certainly, in principle it applies to all scripture regardless of when it was written.

And by the way, a good case can also be made that the synoptic Gospels and Acts were all written by the early 60's.

Quote:

These constant and unfounded accusations of yours are tiresome.

Last edited by Mike555; 03-13-2016 at 10:00 AM..

Old 03-13-2016, 09:31 AM

598 posts, read 240,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
And I wouldn't disagree with you on the couple story part, but I would say that it's not G-d's love, because it's a Spirit, and that Spirit does not engender spiritual bondage nor contribute to it in any way. And don't think I'm "picking" here; heterosexual "love" still comes up short of the mark, for the same reason.

Man's love (as in mankind) is imperfect in whatever form you find it in, and is conditional as in: "if they look a certain way, have certain traits, even have a particular kind of job (yeah it's that shallow sometimes), if they'll do this or that for me, ect., ect."

G-d's love is unconditional, in that you can come as you are, BUT He wants to give you MORE, MAKE YOU MORE, than what you are, because He has life to give and life more abundantly. It comes with the perfecting that's supposed to be going on with the body. Perfection there is not OUR concept of perfection, which is unattainable in any form, it's HIS concept, which is lining us up spirit, soul and body, WITH HIS WORD.

I'm sure most of you probably didn't believe my stories of miracle healings and that's ok. I will only say I am waiting upon another one (no cancer never returned), that if it doesn't happen fairly soon, I'm not long for this body. The doctor gave me 3 months. So that's one reason why I hope you realize for your own benefit, that I'm standing a lot closer to eternity's door than most of you probably are, and if you think I would lie and risk whatever standing I may have with Him, think again.

Point being, healing cannot come if the other parts of us are not in line with His Word. Doesn't mean we're "perfect" or don't still sin. It means our heart, our will, and our body, are surrendered to do our level best to walk in whatever light we have. Thing is, you have to KNOW that you are in right standing before you can command your body that is hemorrhaging from cancer, and your carnal beast of a mind that's harping daily on how many relatives you had die from it, to line up with what the WORD of G-d says, and have faith that it will be performed.

See, the Spirit comes to perform the Word, but that Word must first be in you (initial salvation) and covering you (baptism of the Holy Ghost). The Spirit walks upon the Word. But we can't wait until we're in crisis mode to try to conform ourselves into His image, and His image is whatever the Word says.

So you no doubt wonder why I seemingly switched topics from gay issues to healing. It's because to be healed is to be MADE WHOLE. For me, bitterness was the root, cancer was the fruit. Every fruit has a root but the foundation problem of all of our issues that don't line up with the Word of G-d comes from being broken, our soul and spirit were "divorced" in the garden. This is why no sin is greater than any other sin, it's all sin to G-d, save blasphemy of the Holy Ghost.

So if you understand that, then sin has a root which is spiritual (snake in the garden), but the FRUIT is natural. You can't say there is no root, when you have confessed or display the fruit. ANYTHING that separates us from being made whole is NOT HIS SPIRIT, and there is a root. This is why it says we fight not against flesh and blood, but against powers and principalities of the air (spirit).

We live in a culture today, in which the mind's of men, have been blinded by the god of this world, more than any other time perhaps in history, as it was said that darkness would increase right before He returns.

Father's that didn't know Him have done a poor job of displaying His love to their children, and the "fathers" men appointed over them in the churches have done an even poorer job for the most part. Because of this, it's made it hard for His children (and some of them are adults after the flesh) to find Him, because the image of a father they have, is so distorted, most of the time.

So I have posted this to try to open a door of understanding for any who would try to walk through it, to be set free, and find the Father's love, and be healed of ANY brokeness. That's all, and may G-d's mercy abound upon you. Peace
Good post

God is life and anything that causes death, or for life to cease from a perpetual continuance as designed by God is the sin of rebellion against God which is a sin of witchcraft.

For most people it is simple to see how if Adam and Eve had been homosexual there would have never been a Able and Cain to come forth from them let alone us. However, to put it into a proper light today it is best to consider what if the last persons left alive on earth to continue the human race we're all lesbian woman or gay men? The obvious is the human race would come to an end all because these persons have fulfilled the prophecy in the Old Testament of every man's doing what was right in his own eyes.

Judges 17:6
In those days there was no king in Israel, but every man did that which was right in his own eyes.

Judges 21:25
In those days there was no king in Israel: every man did that which was right in his own eyes.

There are about 5 or 6 persons here who do not serve God the Father of Jesus let alone follow after the Son who gave His life for us, but instead serve a small "g" god of their own wicked imaginations doing right by their own eyes instead of the eyes of the Prince of Peace and Everlasting Father of ones such as ourselves and others here who have not been beguiled by the same serpent who fooled Eve.

These are the same persons who are leading the OP down the path of perdition unto her own destruction

On the other hand should she be willing to bow before the author of the new and better covenant He will heal her of all her afflictions and not just her sexual orientation

The problem with the old covenant was it could only condemn sin, therefore, because it was weak through the flesh it could not change the flesh and bring it into harmony with God.

So God sent His Son to do away with a literal law that could not save, Who became the Testament of a new and better covenant that did not depart from the old but instead fulfills it through Him in us by first writing it on the hearts of those who remain obedient to Him

The second and better covenant gave us the Holy Spirit to write the laws and Commandments of God on our hearts initiating the process of changing the desires of the flesh and bringing them into harmony with God was put into effect

People who have the Holy Spirit do not teach others to do whatever they feel they are led to do no matter what it is it acceptable to God. Persons who do this are NOT a part of the temple of God made without hands because they seek only to do what is right in their own eyes and not the eyes of God
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity