U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2016, 02:22 PM

8,595 posts, read 5,120,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Right just keep telling yourself this. This quote makes perfect sense. “Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion".

Christians can act a fool and do all sorts of bad behavior to downright evil and then justify it with their religion. Pretty sick don't you think?
If he has issues with fundamentalists, as many people on this planet do, and should, then why do you feel it's your place to fire hatred and belittling insults at him for it? It's none of your business unless you are the fundamentalist he is targeting.
Of course they are not pretty...it's a direct reflection of what fundamentalism is...and fundamentalism is not pretty. It's horrific in fact.

No I did not answer my own question to you. Show me where I have falsely accused a fundamentalist? If a fundamentalist is scientifically illiterate I will call them out on it when they start showing their complete and utter science ignorance. If they are dishonest as every single one I have encounter is...then I will call them out on it. Fundamental christians are disgusting to the core and act just as you did in your petty word attack on that poster.

I hope you now realize why people don't view fundamentalism favorably

Thanks for showing everyone what your religion teaches. Hate, condemnation and judgement against others simply because they don't follow your way of interpreting the bible or developing spiritually.

The only scathing comments have come from you not me. Nice try but you failed.
My christianity involves doing as well as believing. Mike's is about believing once and getting your ticket punched to go to heaven and never being concerned about being a follower of Christ.

He is the one that is disingenuous. Every post he has ever made has been an apologetic for the orthodox way of Christianity which has killed more people, disenfranchised others, destroyed multiple alternate texts that may have enriched our understanding of early Christian diverse ideas, radicalized and made permanent enemies of a huge segment of Muslims, and destroyed individual lives with its judgmental views on women, blacks, homosexuals and atheists.

And he shows his "pride" in his posts that lack any compassion for those that are disenfranchised.

And now I can see he is "winning" non-believers over!! It is a pity, a shame, and a disgrace to Jesus Christ.

I do not mind the name calling one bit.
Quote:
"Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me"
Matt 5:11
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2016, 02:24 PM

10,077 posts, read 4,161,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
This pales in comparison to venom and judgement that Dresden shows towards good Bible believing Christians 100% of the time. But of course, you say nothing about his actions. It's always the fundamentals that are to blame. If we truly listened to him and his warped sense of Christianity then you would start to think that fundamental Christians are responsible for every bad thing in society. Here's a tip. If you are going to judge people for something then maybe you wanna try and not do the exact same thing. Which you did here by saying "what a miserable excuse you are as a "christ follower"
Oh the pot calling the kettle black backfired I see. I wanted Mike55 to see exactly how judgmental his words were. So he can say this "what a miserable excuse you are as a "christ follower" but when I turn the tables on him it's all of a sudden not OK? Yep just how fundamentalists think...no logic at all.

Hate to break it to you but fundamentalists are exactly to blame for a lot of the bad that has happened to humanity. Oppression of human rights and utter ignorance displayed by fundamentalist have harmed humanity for centuries.

Old 03-16-2016, 01:24 AM

4,071 posts, read 1,147,728 times
Quote:
This pales in comparison to venom and judgement that Dresden shows towards good Bible believing Christians 100% of the time.

Grow up, Jeff. I'm serious. "B-b-but they do it too!" is incredibly immature.

Quote:
If you are going to judge people for something then maybe you wanna try and not do the exact same thing.
Have Mike take your advice.

Old 03-16-2016, 03:40 AM

30,209 posts, read 19,986,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Oh the pot calling the kettle black backfired I see. I wanted Mike55 to see exactly how judgmental his words were. So he can say this "what a miserable excuse you are as a "christ follower" but when I turn the tables on him it's all of a sudden not OK? Yep just how fundamentalists think...no logic at all.

Hate to break it to you but fundamentalists are exactly to blame for a lot of the bad that has happened to humanity. Oppression of human rights and utter ignorance displayed by fundamentalist have harmed humanity for centuries.
I agree.

Old 03-16-2016, 09:57 AM

32,538 posts, read 29,351,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post

You are a petty and tiny little man Dresden, and dishonest. And you are not a 'Christ follower' as you like to refer to yourself as anyone who has read enough of your posts can see. You are in fact a miserable excuse for a Christian. And I leave you with that.
Lol....really? Warden is one of the most honest posters on this board. He says what he thinks and lets the chips fall where they may.

As for the rest of that foot stomp.....it's obvious you were upset and needed to lash out. I suggest, the next time your blood pressure is raised, a nice, brisk walk. It's healthier than calling someone names on the internet. Which doesn't do much to promote your argument. Unless you are five.

Old 03-16-2016, 12:29 PM

20,301 posts, read 15,654,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Lol....really? Warden is one of the most honest posters on this board. He says what he thinks and lets the chips fall where they may.

As for the rest of that foot stomp.....it's obvious you were upset and needed to lash out. I suggest, the next time your blood pressure is raised, a nice, brisk walk. It's healthier than calling someone names on the internet. Which doesn't do much to promote your argument. Unless you are five.
Unless it's Dresden, right. You people overlook his constant name calling and false accusations, such as 'Godless Bible idolators' or 'Paul worshipers', or here's his favorite - 'Pharisees'. All aimed at fundamentalists.

Well, I said what I thought and I don't care how you, or anyone else feels about it. What a bunch of hypocrites some of you people are.

Okay, that's it. We're done here. If I ever want one of your suggestions, I'll be sure to let you know. That will be, let's see . . . hmmm. . . never.

Old 03-16-2016, 01:34 PM

37,522 posts, read 25,250,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Wow, wee ! You go Mike !
Some ppl get stuck in their hatred for whatever reasons and it is sad cause that is all they talk about somehow, someway, it is brought up, they never let it die ! That is what un-forgiveness will do to ppl, it's like cancer and eats at their very being and it will definitely destroy a person' life > especially with their relationships nobody wants to be around this kind of character they run and hide from them !
And yes, it is seen and read through out this forum, sad but true !!
Sad to see you reveling in the bad behavior of a Christian no matter how much you agree with him.

Old 03-16-2016, 01:43 PM

10,077 posts, read 4,161,649 times
Quote:
Unless it's Dresden, right. You people overlook his constant name calling and false accusations, such as 'Godless Bible idolators' or 'Paul worshipers', or here's his favorite - 'Pharisees'. All aimed at fundamentalists.

Well, I said what I thought and I don't care how you, or anyone else feels about it. What a bunch of hypocrites some of you people are.

Okay, that's it. We're done here. If I ever want one of your suggestions, I'll be sure to let you know. That will be, let's see . . . hmmm. . . never.
You come off a a self-righteous loud mouth pompous "christ follower" hypocrite who is unable to take responsibility for your utter disgraceful hypocrite posts against Warden.

Old 03-16-2016, 01:51 PM

32,538 posts, read 29,351,992 times
Quote:

Lol......One exchange and you've declared we're done? Really?

How very authoritarian of you. Too bad for you I'm a big fan of the First Amendment and expressing my opinion and and am rarely silenced by authoritarian-type personalities.

Old 03-16-2016, 06:18 PM

4,071 posts, read 1,147,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Lol......One exchange and you've declared we're done? Really?

How very authoritarian of you. Too bad for you I'm a big fan of the First Amendment and expressing my opinion and and am rarely silenced by authoritarian-type personalities.
Here's an article on this very issue. It's by Frank Viola. He's pretty good.

Scratch a Christian and You'll Find Out What's Underneath - Beyond Evangelical | The Blog of Frank Viola
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity