U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2016, 11:13 PM

1,489 posts, read 612,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Here's an article on this very issue. It's by Frank Viola. He's pretty good.

Scratch a Christian and You'll Find Out What's Underneath - Beyond Evangelical | The Blog of Frank Viola
Good article.

Let's hope both sides learn from it.

Reactions in the flesh - let it die. ....appropriate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2016, 07:45 AM

10,290 posts, read 8,043,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Sad to see you reveling in the bad behavior of a Christian no matter how much you agree with him.
Wow, Mystic, you comment to me about "reveling" Mike letting his emotions finely come out, rightly so, as he was being provoked to the point of retaliation (by the way I was shocked to witness Mike saying such, true story ) and yet when your dear guru post such hatred toward other souls and says awful things to ppl and thinks nothing about what he says in harming his neighbor .
And you always giving a thumbs up with "awesome post, pastor." too encourage such evil behavior is definitely is a lack of "Agape" love for your guys neighbor's, you think ! Regardless if such ppl YOU call fundamentalist they're still your neighbor, ya know !

Something just isn't right when you can post and make such a comment to me as above and yet encourage such wickedness coming from your guru !

Now what is wrong with this picture .

Old 03-17-2016, 09:15 AM

4,071 posts, read 1,147,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
Good article.

Let's hope both sides learn from it.

Reactions in the flesh - let it die. ....appropriate.
Reading it, and examining my own heart, I know I also have a lot of "dying" to do.

Old 03-17-2016, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Wow, Mystic, you comment to me about "reveling" Mike letting his emotions finely come out, rightly so, as he was being provoked to the point of retaliation (by the way I was shocked to witness Mike saying such, true story ) and yet when your dear guru post such hatred toward other souls and says awful things to ppl and thinks nothing about what he says in harming his neighbor .
And you always giving a thumbs up with "awesome post, pastor." too encourage such evil behavior is definitely is a lack of "Agape" love for your guys neighbor's, you think ! Regardless if such ppl YOU call fundamentalist they're still your neighbor, ya know !

Something just isn't right when you can post and make such a comment to me as above and yet encourage such wickedness coming from your guru !

Now what is wrong with this picture .

That isn't the way we are to respond to conflict, Cyber. It was a fleshly reaction, not a Christ-centered response.

Old 03-17-2016, 09:24 AM

7,697 posts, read 3,416,110 times
Quote:
Reading it, and examining my own heart, I know I also have a lot of "dying" to do.
We all do really. Silly as it may sound, I think the world would be a much better place if everyone just made it a point to hug someone every day. But most people myself included don't want to break out of that comfort zone and personal physical safety zone. It's a form of selfishness.

Old 03-17-2016, 09:26 AM

20,301 posts, read 15,654,940 times
Quote:
That isn't the way we are to respond to conflict, Cyber. It was a fleshly reaction, not a Christ-centered response.
Actually, it was a simple statement of fact regarding one of the two biggest hypocrites on this forum whose posts are anything but 'Christ-centered.' Nothing more and nothing less. You might want to actually go back and read his many posts on this forum.

Old 03-17-2016, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
We all do really. Silly as it may sound, I think the world would be a much better place if everyone just made it a point to hug someone every day. But most people myself included don't want to break out of that comfort zone and personal physical safety zone. It's a form of selfishness.
Hugs aren't silly. Hugs heal, or at least help the process.

*hugs*

Old 03-17-2016, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Actually, it was a simple statement of fact regarding one of the two biggest hypocrites on this forum whose posts are anything but 'Christ-centered.' Nothing more and nothing less. You might want to actually go back and read his many posts on this forum.
It's not about what people say to/about you. It's all about your response. I understand coming temporarily unhinged. Believe me when I say that I do. You have no idea haha. But that isn't how we're supposed to respond. I'm pointing the most fingers at my self as I tell you this, just so you know.

Old 03-17-2016, 09:44 AM

10,290 posts, read 8,043,800 times
Quote:
Really, so all your responses and quite a few other's reaction in this thread has been so Christ-centered, and so full of love and understanding to other's, not even ! Cause if it was some like Mike would not react to loving post . No there has been nothing but certain individuals provoking because other's don't agree with what they believe.

Hmmm, and before you go around trying to correct other's why don't you read up in the book of 1Cor.13 it has a lot to say in speaking about love not provoking .

Another thing just to remind you, you have no authority whatsoever in my life to be trying too correct what I say and do. So geekigurl, if I were you I would just move on and mind your own business, deal with your self and leave other's alone, okie, dokie !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
But Mike that is a different story ! Come on don't you know they have a pass that gives them the permission to insult, falsely accuse, name call and especially come into a Christian forum and post, starting a thread knowing darn well it will do nothing but cause strife among the ppl !

Old 03-17-2016, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Really, so all your responses and quite a few other's reaction in this thread has been so Christ-centered, and so full of love and understanding to other's, not even ! Cause if it was some like Mike would not react to loving post . No there has been nothing but certain individuals provoking because other's don't agree with what they believe.

Hmmm, and before you go around trying to correct other's why don't you read up in the book of 1Cor.13 it has a lot to say in speaking about love not provoking .

Another thing just to remind you, you have no authority whatsoever in my life to be trying too correct what I say and do. So geekigurl, if I were you I would just move on and mind your own business, deal with your self and leave other's alone, okie, dokie !

But Mike that is a different story ! Come on don't you know they have a pass that gives them the permission to insult, falsely accuse, name call and especially come into a Christian forum and post, starting a thread knowing darn well it will do nothing but cause strife among the ppl !
God bless you, Cyber.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity