U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 11:59 AM

23,487 posts, read 12,149,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
I have nothing to be ashamed of as I haven't said or done anything inappropriate and she is a he !

So move on TroutDude !
As I said - no compassion, reason or insight.

Luckily all fundies are doomed to extinction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2016, 12:29 PM

8,644 posts, read 5,141,228 times
Quote:
Wow, Mystic, you comment to me about "reveling" Mike letting his emotions finely come out, rightly so, as he was being provoked to the point of retaliation (by the way I was shocked to witness Mike saying such, true story ) and yet when your dear guru post such hatred toward other souls and says awful things to ppl and thinks nothing about what he says in harming his neighbor .
And you always giving a thumbs up with "awesome post, pastor." too encourage such evil behavior is definitely is a lack of "Agape" love for your guys neighbor's, you think ! Regardless if such ppl YOU call fundamentalist they're still your neighbor, ya know !

Something just isn't right when you can post and make such a comment to me as above and yet encourage such wickedness coming from your guru !

Now what is wrong with this picture .
All the wickedness lies within the heart of the Pharisees who killed Jesus in order to protect their view of the Bible.

But you cannot learn from history nor Scripture. As Aristophanes said, "One cannot teach a crab to walk straight."

Old 03-17-2016, 12:39 PM

10,290 posts, read 8,054,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
All the wickedness lies within the heart of the Pharisees who killed Jesus in order to protect their view of the Bible.

But you cannot learn from history nor Scripture. As Aristophanes said, "One cannot teach a crab to walk straight."
This reporting with the bullying goes for you too.
Ppl such as yourself, TroutDude are why ppl commit suicide and do terrible things to them selves and you call your self a Christian and you stand up for the gays and yet you speak evil to other's .

I'm sorry but you have no idea about the love of God !

Old 03-17-2016, 12:40 PM

4,075 posts, read 1,158,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Yes, really.

She's shown more true Christian/Jesus spirit than you, Mike, Finn, twin, Viz and the rest of your pack put together.

You should be ashamed. But that would require compassion, reason and insight.
Thank you Trout.

Old 03-17-2016, 12:45 PM

Once again, we see that fundamentalists are highly attuned to their own pain -- however make-believe or self-inflicted -- yet they have no concept of the pain they deal out to others.

Their lack of compassion is what prevents their spiritual and moral growth.

Old 03-17-2016, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Once again, we see that fundamentalists are highly attuned to their own pain -- however make-believe or self-inflicted -- yet they have no concept of the pain they deal out to others.

Their lack of compassion is what prevents their spiritual and moral growth.

Old 03-17-2016, 01:06 PM

8,644 posts, read 5,141,228 times
Quote:
I hope you repent and then one day you'll understand how serious the situation concerning your life is, rather then playing such games with ppl and making such immature remarks to them . Especially a man at your age ! What a shame !
I've studied scripture longer and harder than you. I was immersed in fundamentalist lies, arrogance, pride for years.

But I grew as God gave me wisdom to see what lay in my heart, and then gave me a mission to stand against those who would demean others by calling who they are a "lifestyle." Fundamentalism IS a lifestyle based on brainwashing by religious leaders. In every way, their complete worship of the Bible is the same kind of perversion of the Pharisees. That's not to say they don't occasionally do some very good things. They do--as long as the recipient "qualifies" for help by not having crossed the arbitrary lines set by their idol.

It's worse about fundamentalism than just "bible worship." Many of their leaders are now politicians who twist Scripture into a tool of Satan. Ted Cruz being one example.

Quote:
In July, the senator (Cruz), with his father by his side, accepted the blessings of fundamentalist pastors in Iowa (see above) who are adherents of Christian Reconstructionism, a view that holds that God anoints individuals to be "kings" who strive to influence or control key institutions of society (say, the government) as a prelude to the second coming of Christ.
Does Ted Cruz Believe His Critics Will be Condemned by God? | Mother Jones

But the summation of fundamentalism has been several times noted by Christian journalists who get God's Scriptural message much better than the idol worshipers.
Quote:
Here are some verses we liberal Christians wish they would get "fundamental" about:
Verse
When a stranger sojourns with you in your land, you shall not do him wrong. You shall treat the stranger who sojourns with you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God. – Leviticus 19:33-34.
Why Fundamentalists Hate This Verse:
Because fundamentalists are xenophobic: religious fundamentalism is a reaction to the multiculturalism of liberal democracy. Rather than seek a “brotherhood of man,” religious fundamentalism longs for a tribal community, without the necessary friction from those with foreign beliefs, cultures and customs.
------
One of the most humorous aspects of modern-day, far-right Christianity is its reverence of capitalism. That’s because Christ could be considered almost “anti-capitalist.” Consider this verse:
Verse
Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God. – Matthew 19:24.
There is some version of the story of the rich man approaching Jesus that appears in every synoptic Gospel. In the Gospel of Mark, Jesus tells the rich man, “go, sell all that you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven.”

The story of Lazarus should similarly terrify modern day fundamentalists---.

--the only thing fundamentalists dislike more than immigrants is poor people. Seriously. Just this year [2013], Tea Party congressman Stephen Fincher explained why he thought the government should cut food stamps entirely “The role of citizens, of Christians, of humanity is to take care of each other, but not for Washington to steal from those in the country and give to others in the country.
------
The Environment
Verse

In Genesis, man is given stewardship of the Earth, God’s creation. [Stewardship, in the Christian tradition implies protection. Man should exist in harmony with the earth, not work against it.] As is noted in Colossians 1:16-17:
By him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
Jesus Christ once told his followers:
No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money. – Luke 16:13.

Increasingly, the religious right is trying to do exactly that, intertwining Evangelical fundamentalism with unfettered capitalism — with disastrous results for the environment. Thus, American political life is increasingly dominated by Christians who reject the religious ethos, in favor of capitalist ethos.

One Conservative Evangelical publication, World Magazine, hypes the “We Get It” campaign, which seeks to discredit the threat of global warming. It also claims the threat of climate change is “alarmism” and fears that efforts to clamp down on emissions will hurt the poor (read: corporations). In reality, climate change will have its greatest effect on people living on less than a dollar a day who can not adapt to higher temperatures. Conservative Evangelicals are not concerned with dwindling biodiversity, the destruction of ecosystem, rampant pollution, global warming and the numerous other environmental challenges we face. Rather they, with the business community, are concerned with the bottom line. The future is irrelevant (unless we’re talking about government debt). Thus, the Biblical command to protect the environment is widely eschewed.
------
War
In two Gospels, Jesus tells his followers:
Verse
You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’ But I say to you, Do not resist the one who is evil. But if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if anyone would sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. And if anyone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. – Matthew 5:38-42, Luke 27-30.
In another passage he says:

You have heard that it was said, You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. – Matthew 5:43 – 45.
As a religious and political movement, fundamentalists have defined themselves as a party of opposition, rather than of love, grace and mercy.

In her fantastic essay, Onward Christian Liberals, Marilynne Robinson argues:

The excitement we are seeing now is called by some scholars athirdgreat (sic)awakening, yet it is different from the other two… it is full of pious aversion toward the so-called culture… and toward those whose understanding of religion fails to meet its standards.

While past “Great Awakenings” have looked inward, seeing sin within the conflicted self, this new awakening looks outward, seeing sin in the wider culture. The culture, that which is secular is evil, while the church is sacred. This is why modern religious fundamentalism gravitates towards xenophobia, homophobia, sexism, etc. Fear and disgust are its motivating factors.

This fundamentalism inclines some religious people toward a pre-emptive “war of religion” and a strong disgust (that sometimes culminates in violence) toward Muslims. Oddly enough, the Christian tradition has developed a theory of “Just War” (developed by Aquinas) which condemns war except when all other options have been exhausted and there is just treatment of prisoners (with a specific condemnation of torture). If only one of the past two “Christian” presidents had listened.
-----
Women
Verse:
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. – Galatians 3:28

Although the right often claims the Bible supports their absurd ideas about gender roles (just like the Bible supported anti-miscegenation) such claims have been thoroughly debunked by theologians. Generally, when you’ll hear an explanation of why women belong in the home, it’ll rely on a misreading of one of Paul’s doctrines.

In contrast to Paul, Christ rarely concerned himself with sexual mores, he was far more concerned with fighting oppression. Fundamentalists want to keep women submissive and subservient, but Jesus won’t let them. In Luke, for instance, Jesus is blessed by a priestess named Anna. He praises a woman who stands up to a judge and demands justice. It’s worth noting that in a time when women could not testify in a court of law, all four resurrection stories have women arriving first to Jesus’ tomb (although it’s unclear which women).
5 ways fundamentalists misinterpret the Bible - Salon.com

Fundamentalism obscures true faith in God and worships ideas that were anathema to Jesus.

I seek to help you to true faith--looking inward, not outward for flaws--and of course you hate me for it. That is what Jesus did with every person He met!

Old 03-17-2016, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
I've studied scripture longer and harder than you. I was immersed in fundamentalist lies, arrogance, pride for years.

But I grew as God gave me wisdom to see what lay in my heart, and then gave me a mission to stand against those who would demean others by calling who they are a "lifestyle." Fundamentalism IS a lifestyle based on brainwashing by religious leaders. In every way, their complete worship of the Bible is the same kind of perversion of the Pharisees. That's not to say they don't occasionally do some very good things. They do--as long as the recipient "qualifies" for help by not having crossed the arbitrary lines set by their idol.

It's worse about fundamentalism than just "bible worship." Many of their leaders are now politicians who twist Scripture into a tool of Satan. Ted Cruz being one example.

Does Ted Cruz Believe His Critics Will be Condemned by God? | Mother Jones

But the summation of fundamentalism has been several times noted by Christian journalists who get God's Scriptural message much better than the idol worshipers.
5 ways fundamentalists misinterpret the Bible - Salon.com

Fundamentalism obscures true faith in God and worships ideas that were anathema to Jesus.

I seek to help you to true faith--looking inward, not outward for flaws--and of course you hate me for it. That is what Jesus did with every person He met!
You help me ? True faith! Listen Wardendresden, you lost that creditability long time ago with your mouth and not controlling what you say and how you treat ppl. Your witness in this forum is not creditable at all and has definitely fallen by the wayside !

And as far as your "I've studied scripture longer and harder than you." Huh, well apparently you haven't learned anything but how to fight and cause strife with ppl. It seems you skipped the chapters about the Love of Christ !
Remember this scripture Warden,

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 (NASB)
1 If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.
2 If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.
3 And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.

I do hope the Lord will get you there some day ! Who knows !

Hate you ? Please don't flatter yourself as being that important to ppl cause your not . And by the way I hate absolutely NO one, Yet I can spot a false teacher and their heresy quickly when they come into our midst !

Have a nice day Warden !

By the way that post there at the top of yours of mine was to TroutDude and why you have responded to it the way you have I don't know !

Old 03-17-2016, 02:14 PM

7,749 posts, read 3,437,061 times
Quote:
Yes, really.

She's shown more true Christian/Jesus spirit than you, Mike, Finn, twin, Viz and the rest of your pack put together.

You should be ashamed. But that would require compassion, reason and insight.
Any why should we consider the opinion of someone (that would be you) who can't show us even a thimble's worth of respect?

Old 03-17-2016, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Any why should we consider the opinion of someone (that would be you) who can't show us even a thimble's worth of respect?
jeff, I've long since stopped caring whether you, or any of the other non-thinking fundies consider my opinion.

As to respect -- maybe when you stop whining like a little baby over perceived insults and discuss topics like an adult, you might earn some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity