U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-17-2016, 03:04 PM
 
Location: Denver, CO
8,574 posts, read 5,111,549 times
Reputation: 3914

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
You help me ? True faith! Listen Wardendresden, you lost that creditability long time ago with your mouth and not controlling what you say and how you treat ppl. Your witness in this forum is not creditable at all and has definitely fallen by the wayside !

And as far as your "I've studied scripture longer and harder than you." Huh, well apparently you haven't learned anything but how to fight and cause strife with ppl. It seems you skipped the chapters about the Love of Christ !
Remember this scripture Warden,

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 (NASB)
1 If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.
2 If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.
3 And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.

I do hope the Lord will get you there some day ! Who knows !

Hate you ? Please don't flatter yourself as being that important to ppl cause your not . And by the way I hate absolutely NO one, Yet I can spot a false teacher and their heresy quickly when they come into our midst !

Have a nice day Warden !

By the way that post there at the top of yours of mine was to TroutDude and why you have responded to it the way you have I don't know !
So where in Scipture was Jesus "nice" toward Pharisees? He called them vipers when they put their "Word of God" (the OT) over kindness toward "sinners." His parables illustrated that is what He desires.

That Bible is but mud over your eyes.

I am in no way hypocritical with regard to those who display Pharasism. I've stated in more than one post that my intention is in not intended to be nice to Pharisees. My intention is to illustrate just how ugly all of you come across to geekigurl and others like denverian, by making all of you feel as they do--unacceeptabke, sinful, and depraved. You see nothing wrong with telling that group of people how God feels about them, why shouldn't someone practice it on you??

I bring a sword, not peace toward fundamentalism. Every person considering following Christ must give up their desire to worship the witness (aka the Bible) rather than Who the witness points toward.

If you practiced Corinthians 13 then you would use it to accept homosexuals as born the way God created them--and has created them since the beginning of time---and as He has demonstrated in the animal kingdom forever, Bono monkeys having roughly a 20% rate of homosexuality. But that carries love too far for you?

Well good, we then know who you really worship--a god dividing people rather than uniting them. to paraphrase Jesus, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a fundamentalist to seek God beyond the "sacred" page.

As Pope Francis recently pointed out:
Quote:
A fundamentalist group, although it may not kill anyone, although it may not strike anyone, is violent. The mental structure of fundamentalists is violence in the name of God.
http://www.worthynews.com/15425-pope...an-persecution

Last edited by Wardendresden; 03-17-2016 at 03:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-17-2016, 03:44 PM
 
Location: Denver, CO
8,574 posts, read 5,111,549 times
Reputation: 3914
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
jeff, I've long since stopped caring whether you, or any of the other non-thinking fundies consider my opinion.

As to respect -- maybe when you stop whining like a little baby over perceived insults and discuss topics like an adult, you might earn some.
Persecution in America is a favorite topic of fundamentalism--Now in other countries they may be correct--but not in America.

From an article just two years ago:
Quote:
I've thought about this a lot. And although I've come to a number of conclusions, on a gut level, it is still hard to understand how a religion that 80% of the country follows—that is followed by the richest and more powerful people as well—can be persecuted. Of course, it isn't any different than the conservative claim that the only prejudice that remains in America is that against straight white males. But that isn't reasonable either. The problem is one of definitions. When I use the word "persecution," I mean something very different than they do.

As I've argued before, conservative Christians do not want equal rights. They most certainly already have that. They want special rights. To me, Christian belief is no more true than Norse mythology. I don't especially care about either. But if anyone finds either religion helpful to them, that's great! I'm not on a mission to convert anyone. The problem with Christians is that they are on a mission to convert everyone by any means necessary.

The fact that 80% of Americas do self-identify as Christian makes the more fervent individuals mistake their beliefs for facts. If less than half of the country claimed to be Christian—as it is in France—it would be harder for them to just assume that Christianity is fact. Of course, every religious believer thinks that his religion is true. But relatively few think it literally true. Unfortunately, in this country, almost half the people are fundamentalists who think that the Bible is the literal word of God.

[CENTER][/CENTER]
http://franklycurious.com/LMNucleus/...hp?itemid=7826
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2016, 04:11 PM
 
Location: Southern Oregon
15,540 posts, read 6,992,023 times
Reputation: 1603
Oh wow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2016, 04:44 PM
 
Location: On a road heaven bound !
10,290 posts, read 8,038,325 times
Reputation: 17783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
So where in Scipture was Jesus "nice" toward Pharisees? He called them vipers when they put their "Word of God" (the OT) over kindness toward "sinners." His parables illustrated that is what He desires.

That Bible is but mud over your eyes.

I am in no way hypocritical with regard to those who display Pharasism. I've stated in more than one post that my intention is in not intended to be nice to Pharisees. My intention is to illustrate just how ugly all of you come across to geekigurl and others like denverian, by making all of you feel as they do--unacceeptabke, sinful, and depraved. You see nothing wrong with telling that group of people how God feels about them, why shouldn't someone practice it on you??

I bring a sword, not peace toward fundamentalism. Every person considering following Christ must give up their desire to worship the witness (aka the Bible) rather than Who the witness points toward.

If you practiced Corinthians 13 then you would use it to accept homosexuals as born the way God created them--and has created them since the beginning of time---and as He has demonstrated in the animal kingdom forever, Bono monkeys having roughly a 20% rate of homosexuality. But that carries love too far for you?

Well good, we then know who you really worship--a god dividing people rather than uniting them. to paraphrase Jesus, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a fundamentalist to seek God beyond the "sacred" page.

As Pope Francis recently pointed out:
Pope Francis Condemns Fundamentalism and Christian Persecution

You know Warden, you have falsely accused my life ! I have never in all my life treated gay individuals badly. Nor have I ever posted to one about their life style !
Now geekigurl and my disagreement was about her correcting me about what my post to Mystic said. Our disagreement had nothing to do with her life as a gay individual !
Now you will answer to Jesus about you attitude and falsely accusing me of something you know nothing about ! Because that is what you have done !

And let me tell you I have practice 1Cor. 13. my son' girlfriend father is gay and he and his partner have been welcomed in my home many of times and has ate dinner with me and my family on special occasions and even just Barbeques .
Also when I was in College my instructor was gay and many of them in the class. I had a wonderful time in that class . Matter of fact many of them were from out of town and adopted me as a away from home mom !
Now you will really answer to God Almighty for how you have falsely accused me and treated my life with contempt without knowing the facts about my life !

Show me where Jesus always treated the Pharisees the way you treat ppl here ! One time and it was because their unbelief in Him because He said He was God and they turned and called Him satan . Because He said He was before Abraham ! They were jealous because of the ppl following Him, but He never went around beating up ppl mentally because they didn't believe Him. Just that one time did He back talked them . Your using it to justify your hatred . And you need to stop it especially about what you are doing with that hatred and let your sin find you out, Mr Wardendresden !

I personally don't care you hate fundamentalist that is something you will deal with God about. For I know He does not care for what you are doing and saying to ppl even with all that you try to justify your sin it has blinded you to the max !

Like I said, you stick up for the gays and treat the Christian the way you accuse them of treating the gay community. You have no idea what the Love of God is and your using the gay community for your excuse of hating the fundamentalist. Shame on you ! Your anger goes a lot deeper then that with the fundamentalist !

I will continue sticking up, encouraging Mike and others when all you ppl start ganging up on them and mentally abusing them for what they takes a stand in .
I'm glad I know Jesus and do believe and trust 1Cor. 13, and yes, I do get angry reading yours and several here lack of love and disrespect !
I feel for you, you have allowed your sin of hate to overcome you and your hurt many of God's creation .

Also I feel for you seeing the day you meet your Maker ! Because it is going to be one dreadful day for you unless you repent !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2016, 05:46 PM
 
Location: Denver, CO
8,574 posts, read 5,111,549 times
Reputation: 3914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
You know Warden, you have falsely accused my life ! I have never in all my life treated gay individuals badly. Nor have I ever posted to one about their life style !
Now geekigurl and my disagreement was about her correcting me about what my post to Mystic said. Our disagreement had nothing to do with her life as a gay individual !
Now you will answer to Jesus about you attitude and falsely accusing me of something you know nothing about ! Because that is what you have done !
If that is the only thing I was guilty of--I would be as pure as the driven snow. Unfortunately you have no clue about the sin my life both as a fundamentalist--and following---revolves around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
And let me tell you I have practice 1Cor. 13. my son' girlfriend father is gay and he and his partner have been welcomed in my home many of times and has ate dinner with me and my family on special occasions and even just Barbeques .
Also when I was in College my instructor was gay and many of them in the class. I had a wonderful time in that class . Matter of fact many of them were from out of town and adopted me as a away from home mom !
Now you will really answer to God Almighty for how you have falsely accused me and treated my life with contempt without knowing the facts about my life !
Having your son's girlfriend's father over for dinner is "civil." Telling him that God loves him and accepts him the way you believe you are--that is love.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Show me where Jesus always treated the Pharisees the way you treat ppl here ! One time and it was because their unbelief in Him because He said He was God and they turned and called Him satan . Because He said He was before Abraham ! They were jealous because of the ppl following Him, but He never went around beating up ppl mentally because they didn't believe Him. Just that one time did He back talked them . Your using it to justify your hatred . And you need to stop it especially about what you are doing with that hatred and let your sin find you out, Mr Wardendresden !
There were a couple of times Jesus treated a Pharisee civilly, but He never agreed with them. You find one where you think He was goody two shoes with them, and I'll show you the error of your interpretation. He forgave them--but they still killed Him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
I personally don't care you hate fundamentalist that is something you will deal with God about. For I know He does not care for what you are doing and saying to ppl even with all that you try to justify your sin it has blinded you to the max !
Probably it has, and that was when I was still a fundamentalist. Having killed my sister-in-law with prayer woke me up to how ugly my heart really is. So I put my "ugliness," in your words, where ugliness is paramount--in fundamentalist doctrines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Like I said, you stick up for the gays and treat the Christian the way you accuse them of treating the gay community. You have no idea what the Love of God is and your using the gay community for your excuse of hating the fundamentalist. Shame on you ! Your anger goes a lot deeper then that with the fundamentalist !
The fact that you aren't standing up for the gay community says something about you. As Jesus said, "He who is not with Me is against Me; and he who does not gather with Me scatters." Matt 12:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
I will continue sticking up, encouraging Mike and others when all you ppl start ganging up on them and mentally abusing them for what they takes a stand in .
I'm glad I know Jesus and do believe and trust 1Cor. 13, and yes, I do get angry reading yours and several here lack of love and disrespect !
I feel for you, you have allowed your sin of hate to overcome you and your hurt many of God's creation .

Also I feel for you seeing the day you meet your Maker ! Because it is going to be one dreadful day for you unless you repent !
My life is nothing but repentance seeing as how God spared me and took my sister-in-law's life--and she was a better human being than me.

]

Last edited by Wardendresden; 03-17-2016 at 07:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2016, 05:49 PM
 
7,685 posts, read 3,408,012 times
Reputation: 1726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
So where in Scipture was Jesus "nice" toward Pharisees? He called them vipers when they put their "Word of God" (the OT) over kindness toward "sinners." His parables illustrated that is what He desires.

That Bible is but mud over your eyes.

I am in no way hypocritical with regard to those who display Pharasism. I've stated in more than one post that my intention is in not intended to be nice to Pharisees. My intention is to illustrate just how ugly all of you come across to geekigurl and others like denverian, by making all of you feel as they do--unacceeptabke, sinful, and depraved. You see nothing wrong with telling that group of people how God feels about them, why shouldn't someone practice it on you??
Umm the Pharisees had evil in the heart and acted like they were above or better than everyone else. You certainly give off an air that you are better than your Bible believing Christian brothers. Actually I think you even said that we are not Christians. That's quite hypocritical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2016, 06:56 PM
 
Location: Denver, CO
8,574 posts, read 5,111,549 times
Reputation: 3914
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Umm the Pharisees had evil in the heart and acted like they were above or better than everyone else. You certainly give off an air that you are better than your Bible believing Christian brothers. Actually I think you even said that we are not Christians. That's quite hypocritical.
No, the hypocrisy is that YOU think you believe the Bible when all you've ever done is believe denominational teaching about the Bible. You've never bothered to study it for yourself and weigh the several possibilities. That's exactly what the Pharisees did----and when Jesus pointed out they didn't understand it according to His Spirit----they crucified Him for it.

I should expect no less from Pharisees today.

How can a murderer like me be better than you? I am not. But it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for fundamentalist to enter the gates of heaven. Further, I have specifically posted to you that I have no intention of being easy on fundamentalists. Now you call me a hypocrite for telling you up front what my position is? Call it ugly, sinful, ungodly--all the eye of the beholder---but it isn't hypocritical. Since you are gnashing your teeth it appears effective

But if you're a REAL fundamentalist, then you believe my one time profession of faith grants me a ticket to heaven. My purpose is to show fundamentalists are hypocrites--giving lip service to the dogma while condemning to hell all who disagree with them.

The air I give you to breathe is the same air you give to atheists, agnostics, homosexuals, and liberal Christians--one of superiority, certainty, and judgment. So whatever you see in me is you looking in a mirror. Because you are seen the same way by atheists, agnostics, Dests, and Christians with loving hearts.

What you see in my posts is what you exude to those who don't swallow the garbage you preach. You have to be beyond the most hypocritical poster on these threads with your 100 proofs of God's existence---except you never supplied a single one---and a score of different posters called you on it. Further, you proved with your defense of Josh Duggar how prone you are to swallowing media driven "Christianity."

Study would do you a world of good. Harvard Divinity School is about to launch a free on-line course on the diversity of religion. You should sign up. With an open mind you could learn. But I suspect your mind is no more open than your heart.

Real Christ followers have no need of "proofs" of God. They have faith. You haven't yet learned the power of faith as your belief rests in "proofs" you are unable to provide.

P.S. Those Pharisees were in every way as religious as you. They tithed, they flocked to the synagogues, they saw their righteousness as believing in the "book." But they were more honest than today's Pharisees. They created a book for their fictional stories that justified their ugly beliefs. Fundamentalists today are out of the same creative writing class. But the reason there are so many stories defending their outlandish, ungodly beliefs about the bible and its "lack of contradictions" is because they haven't the guts to compile them into a Companion Book for the Bible.

Last edited by Wardendresden; 03-17-2016 at 07:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2016, 07:18 PM
Status: "Amused by BF." (set 5 days ago)
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
23,258 posts, read 12,050,400 times
Reputation: 10628
As most of you regulars know, I'm not one for bible-babble.

Nor am I a Christian.

But I have a pretty good idea of what most folks consider Christian - aka "Jesus-like" - values.

Warden has them.

Those who denigrate him, do not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2016, 07:37 PM
Status: "More than chromosomes." (set 3 days ago)
 
Location: Anderson, IN
4,059 posts, read 1,142,720 times
Reputation: 2476
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
As most of you regulars know, I'm not one for bible-babble.

Nor am I a Christian.

But I have a pretty good idea of what most folks consider Christian - aka "Jesus-like" - values.

Warden has them.

Those who denigrate him, do not.

I'm going to agree with this. I'm not too much for bible babble either. I do read it, but more and more I'm being by led by the Spirit. Holy Spirit I mean. It's scary, because it doesn't feel structured, or safe. But there is so much freedom out here.


Hm. An article about being out here. A Letter From a Backsliding, Prodigal Heretic, To My Christian Friends Still on the Inside | john pavlovitz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2016, 07:43 PM
 
Location: Denver, CO
8,574 posts, read 5,111,549 times
Reputation: 3914
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
I'm going to agree with this. I'm not too much for bible babble either. I do read it, but more and more I'm being by led by the Spirit. Holy Spirit I mean. It's scary, because it doesn't feel structured, or safe. But there is so much freedom out here.


Hm. An article about being out here. A Letter From a Backsliding, Prodigal Heretic, To My Christian Friends Still on the Inside | john pavlovitz
Pavolitz is a great Christ follower. I love his blogs.

But I'm impressed with your spirituality amidst all the negativity. Keep focused on what God speaks to your heart. If we can be the wind beneath your wings, we will.

From the blog you cited--because fundamentalists are too fenced in to look for themselves:
------
" I know that you feel that I’ve been led astray down the rebellious path of the prodigal, that I’ve somehow been deceived into darkness and you are gravely concerned for the eternal destination of my soul.

I know you believe that I am currently quite lost and you’re praying tirelessly for me to find my way back before it’s too late.

I know this because when I believed what you believe, I feared the same things about people like me.

I remember looking at those who stand where I now stand and feeling what I believed was a holy compassion for them. I remember well, wanting with great urgency to save them from the destruction they were choosing.


I realize now how arrogant it was for me to assume that because they’d reached different conclusions than I had, that their faith journey was any less valid, and less life-giving, any less true, that God was any less present."
------
His words could be mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top