U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 09:37 PM

37,667 posts, read 25,387,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Sad to see you reveling in the bad behavior of a Christian no matter how much you agree with him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Wow, Mystic, you comment to me about "reveling" Mike letting his emotions finely come out, rightly so, as he was being provoked to the point of retaliation (by the way I was shocked to witness Mike saying such, true story )
I was too.
Quote:
and yet when your dear guru post such hatred toward other souls and says awful things to ppl and thinks nothing about what he says in harming his neighbor .
And you always giving a thumbs up with "awesome post, pastor." too encourage such evil behavior is definitely is a lack of "Agape" love for your guys neighbor's, you think ! Regardless if such ppl YOU call fundamentalist they're still your neighbor, ya know !
Warden is a dear soul and as sincere and true a follower of Christ as I believe you are, Cyber. You think you are defending God and Jesus when what you are truly defending is bigoted attitudes toward others cloaked in the authority of what you THINK is God's word. The ONLY God's Word that exists is Jesus, period, and He abides with us as the Comforter sent in His name to guide us to the truth God has "written in our hearts." And yet, so many here are defending words "written in ink" and ignoring what God has "written in our hearts." IF they would only look into their hearts with sincerity and NOT with the "precepts and doctrines of men" corrupting what they THINK they should find there, Christians would resemble Christ a whole lot more.

We were told not to judge for a reason. We do not have the ability or knowledge to do so. Only God can do so. We have no business deciding who is and who is not a Christian, who is or is not a sinner, or any other nonsense. God is not counting our sins against us, so why should any of us be doing so??? Warden is posting against the bigotry and discrimination of fundamentalist posters whose hearts appear hardened and immune to the guidance of Christ in agape love. He is pleading for the very love you complain he and I are not showing. Your presumption that geekigurl is NOT a Christian because she is gay is part of the problem. You are not authorized to decide that nor to treat her any differently than anyone else who claims to be Christian. You endanger your own soul when you step over the judgment line reserved to God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2016, 09:52 PM

10,290 posts, read 8,066,248 times
Quote:
I was too. Warden is a dear soul and as sincere and true a follower of Christ as I believe you are, Cyber. You think you are defending God and Jesus when what you are truly defending is bigoted attitudes toward others cloaked in the authority of what you THINK is God's word. The ONLY God's Word that exists is Jesus, period, and He abides with us as the Comforter sent in His name to guide us to the truth God has "written in our hearts." And yet, so many here are defending words "written in ink" and ignoring what God has "written in our hearts." IF they would only look into their hearts with sincerity and NOT with the "precepts and doctrines of men" corrupting what they THINK they should find there, Christians would resemble Christ a whole lot more.

We were told not to judge for a reason. We do not have the ability or knowledge to do so. Only God can do so. We have no business deciding who is and who is not a Christian, who is or is not a sinner, or any other nonsense. God is not counting our sins against us, so why should any of us be doing so??? Warden is posting against the bigotry and discrimination of fundamentalist posters whose hearts appear hardened and immune to the guidance of Christ in agape love. He is pleading for the very love you complain he and I are not showing. Your presumption that geekigurl is NOT a Christian because she is gay is part of the problem. You are not authorized to decide that nor to treat her any differently than anyone else who claims to be Christian. You endanger your own soul when you step over the judgment line reserved to God.
Listen I'm tired of you ppl putting words into my mouth or my heart ! I never said that person was not a Christian !! Stop it, Mystic, right now !!

Old 03-17-2016, 09:54 PM

21,321 posts, read 21,009,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
I'm going to agree with this. I'm not too much for bible babble either. I do read it, but more and more I'm being by led by the Spirit. Holy Spirit I mean. It's scary, because it doesn't feel structured, or safe. But there is so much freedom out here.
What you just said reminded me of my sig on another forum that allows sigs. It's a quote from Rudyard Kipling:

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."

Old 03-17-2016, 10:05 PM

23,600 posts, read 12,210,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
What you just said reminded me of my sig on another forum that allows sigs. It's a quote from Rudyard Kipling:

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
That fits me.

Merci, Madame.

Old 03-17-2016, 10:13 PM

21,321 posts, read 21,009,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
That fits me.

Merci, Madame.
Vous êtes le bienvenu, cher monsieur.

Old 03-17-2016, 11:09 PM

4,084 posts, read 1,171,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post

I love this. Thanks Katzpur.

Old 03-17-2016, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Pavolitz is a great Christ follower. I love his blogs.

But I'm impressed with your spirituality amidst all the negativity. Keep focused on what God speaks to your heart. If we can be the wind beneath your wings, we will.

From the blog you cited--because fundamentalists are too fenced in to look for themselves:
------
" I know that you feel that I’ve been led astray down the rebellious path of the prodigal, that I’ve somehow been deceived into darkness and you are gravely concerned for the eternal destination of my soul.

I know you believe that I am currently quite lost and you’re praying tirelessly for me to find my way back before it’s too late.

I know this because when I believed what you believe, I feared the same things about people like me.

I remember looking at those who stand where I now stand and feeling what I believed was a holy compassion for them. I remember well, wanting with great urgency to save them from the destruction they were choosing.

I realize now how arrogant it was for me to assume that because they’d reached different conclusions than I had, that their faith journey was any less valid, and less life-giving, any less true, that God was any less present."
------
His words could be mine.
Yeah, I love John P. He's so amazing, and speaks to me so often. I mean what he writes. You're pretty amazing too. Thank you Warden.

Old 03-17-2016, 11:14 PM

Quote:
I was too. Warden is a dear soul and as sincere and true a follower of Christ as I believe you are, Cyber. You think you are defending God and Jesus when what you are truly defending is bigoted attitudes toward others cloaked in the authority of what you THINK is God's word. The ONLY God's Word that exists is Jesus, period, and He abides with us as the Comforter sent in His name to guide us to the truth God has "written in our hearts." And yet, so many here are defending words "written in ink" and ignoring what God has "written in our hearts." IF they would only look into their hearts with sincerity and NOT with the "precepts and doctrines of men" corrupting what they THINK they should find there, Christians would resemble Christ a whole lot more.

Amen Mystic. You are appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity