U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-09-2016, 12:51 PM
 
19,952 posts, read 12,963,461 times
Reputation: 1957

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
I’m honestly getting to a point where I feel like “just let them have it”.
The people that want to insist that beeing a christian is just trying to **** of everyone by forcing your beliefs down their throat? Fine, take the term “christian”, I don’t want anything to do with you anymore anyway. Lets see if God will bless it if you continue to complain about how the other kids aren’t playing by your rules.

The people that want to go on and on about a "War on Christmas" A phrase that doesn't mean anything anyway. Fine, have your war . It’s just a stupid commercialism fest anyway, see if God really cares if I say “Happy Holidays”, like it matters. God cares much more about goodwill toward all, than about whether we say "Merry Christmas", "Happy Holidays" or something else entirely.

The people with their endless culture war persecution complex. You can have it. It's lost, you...all of you are lost, but you can have it. Keep your noses out of other people's relationships and medical decisions. Try minding your own business for once. Every time you pick at someone else's splinter, that log in your eye just keeps getting wedged in deeper and deeper. All of your endless yammering about other people's "sins", and shortcomings, and you consistently refuse to acknowledge or even try to fix your own lives. You can have the "christian" label, I don't want it anymore.

I would also love to see the term christian closer related to weird cults that try to control people with an iron grip. We’re already halfway there, the reputation is already set. Lets just finish it off and ruin the name so we can start over…this time without labels, names, positions, ranks, ministries, speakers, networking, missions, programs, the frauds, the quacks, the “miracles” the “music”…all of that, that whole overgrown disgusting Six Flags over Jesus subculture of sub-par commercialism dressed as a remnant of faith in Christ. Let it die, please God let it die.
Let me guess: You're either a Trump or Bernie supporter? Not to argue politics...that's not my point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-09-2016, 01:26 PM
 
37,476 posts, read 25,217,301 times
Reputation: 5852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Let me guess: You're either a Trump or Bernie supporter? Not to argue politics...that's not my point.
You consistently seem unable to get the point of any posts that point toward the evil in your beliefs and practices. You carry a heavy burden, Vizio, for perpetuating the un-love in the Christain mainstream dogma. The worst of sins is pointing to others' sins and harming or discriminating against them because of it. That is Dark Ages insanity. We are NOT to enforce ANY of God's rules on anyone but ourselves. We are certainly NOT to pretend to know who IS or IS NOT a Christian in God's eyes. That kind of arrogance and hubris is no part of Christ's Gospel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2016, 01:29 PM
 
9,985 posts, read 6,379,372 times
Reputation: 5593
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Well, Google is your friend. From this link:



Bolding and underlining mine.
Erhman doesn't know what he's talking about.

The simple fact is that it is an unproven assertion
that ANY of the Josephus texts regarding Christ or
His Church were tampered with by Christians. That
simply has not been proven at all. It is suspected by some,
but not proven, because there is no evidence that Josephus
was tampered with.

The faulty assertion that "no Jew" could have written the
small part that speaks of Christ's divine nature is historically
untenable. This perception that there was a clean break or
a clear dividing line between Christ-believing Jews and non-Christ
believing Jews at the specific time of Josephus is incorrect.

It was common for Jews, especially those who lived in Rome
such as Josephus to consider themselves fully Jewish and not
"Christian", yet talk of, and even believe, the very same thing
today's Christians do concerning Jesus.
The clean break did not happen until decades after.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2016, 02:13 PM
Status: "Amused by BF." (set 5 days ago)
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
23,260 posts, read 12,050,400 times
Reputation: 10628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Erhman doesn't know what he's talking about.

The simple fact is that it is an unproven assertion
that ANY of the Josephus texts regarding Christ or
His Church were tampered with by Christians. That
simply has not been proven at all. It is suspected by some,
but not proven, because there is no evidence that Josephus
was tampered with.

The faulty assertion that "no Jew" could have written the
small part that speaks of Christ's divine nature is historically
untenable. This perception that there was a clean break or
a clear dividing line between Christ-believing Jews and non-Christ
believing Jews at the specific time of Josephus is incorrect.

It was common for Jews, especially those who lived in Rome
such as Josephus to consider themselves fully Jewish and not
"Christian", yet talk of, and even believe, the very same thing
today's Christians do concerning Jesus.
The clean break did not happen until decades after.
I understand you need to believe your particular fairy tale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2016, 02:19 PM
 
19,952 posts, read 12,963,461 times
Reputation: 1957
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You...
Umm...what the heck are you talking about?

I just asked a quick question. I didn't condemn anyone, or rip into them. You're reading way too much into it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2016, 02:20 PM
 
19,952 posts, read 12,963,461 times
Reputation: 1957
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I understand you need to believe your particular fairy tale.
Snowball's right. Eherman is a quack. He's made a lot of money on his schtick of going around and undermining the Bible for the gullible to jump on the bandwagon with him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2016, 02:23 PM
Status: "Amused by BF." (set 5 days ago)
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
23,260 posts, read 12,050,400 times
Reputation: 10628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Snowball's right. Eherman is a quack. He's made a lot of money on his schtick of going around and undermining the Bible for the gullible to jump on the bandwagon with him.
So says the dude who buys whatever Matt "The Oil" Slick is selling.

Credibility is not your strong suit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2016, 02:53 PM
 
7,685 posts, read 3,408,012 times
Reputation: 1726
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
There is a lot of wall building. So much separation. Especially as it relates to the LGBT community. Whih is where I speak from. A whole lot of judging, a whole lot of "love the sinner, hate the sin" which Christ never taught. Christ taught "Love the sinner. Hate your own sin." There is a whole lot of hurtful, and damaging condemnation. A whole lot of ignoring the other, the "least of these." A lot can be seen in the way many christians treat the LGBT community, and the atheist community, and the muslim community, undocumented immigrants, the poor, etc. I could go on for pages, but the mods would rise up as one and slay me, so I won't. Christ spent time with those the Pharisees would have nothing to do with. I see the modern church acting just like the Pharisees.
The wall building will continue unless there is repentance and a willingness to turn away from sin. You seem to subscribe to a type of Christianity that tries to marry itself with new worldwide ideology of accepting and embracing "if it feels good, do it" type morality. Therefore, it is considering "judging" if a Christian even dares speaks and addresses such things as sin. That's not the example of Christ at all. Christ spoke directly, harshly and strongly against sin. Christ also condemned the Pharisees for judging, but their type of judgement was more in the vein of believing that they were better than other people when in reality on a heart based level, they were rotten to the core.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2016, 03:02 PM
 
Location: Southern Oregon
15,540 posts, read 6,992,023 times
Reputation: 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
The wall building will continue unless there is repentance and a willingness to turn away from sin. You seem to subscribe to a type of Christianity that tries to marry itself with new worldwide ideology of accepting and embracing "if it feels good, do it" type morality. Therefore, it is considering "judging" if a Christian even dares speaks and addresses such things as sin. That's not the example of Christ at all. Christ spoke directly, harshly and strongly against sin. Christ also condemned the Pharisees for judging, but their type of judgement was more in the vein of believing that they were better than other people when in reality on a heart based level, they were rotten to the core.
Well, Jeff, you have a good point about turning from sin, but most fundamentalists refuse to recognize their sin. How do we deal with that? oh wait, YOU just gave a jaundiced categorization of what LSGBT supporters believe; shame on you. Repent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2016, 03:07 PM
 
Location: Dothan AL
1,450 posts, read 801,280 times
Reputation: 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
The wall building will continue unless there is repentance and a willingness to turn away from sin. You seem to subscribe to a type of Christianity that tries to marry itself with new worldwide ideology of accepting and embracing "if it feels good, do it" type morality.
Epicureanism is not moral?
"gods are our own graphic idealization of the life to which we aspire"

"If the gods have neither the power nor the desire to help us, if they have no interest whatever and they pay no attention to our activities, if there is nothing which can percolate from them to affect our human lives, what reason have we for addressing any acts of worship or honors or prayers to the immortal gods?" Cicero
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top