U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2016, 04:45 PM

20,335 posts, read 15,713,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Yeah, but he's just a man. Men have been telling me I was going to die for the last 7 years, the last 2 in particular, and I'm still here. But I take nothing the Lord gives me for granted, including my own life. He is sovereign and if He decides to take me, that's His business. Peace
Yes, doctors are frequently wrong. A few years back, one of my brothers was given only a short time to live, but he's still alive. It's wise not to take anything for granted. And it is God's sovereign decision regarding when we depart this life.

I'll say that if I were told, and knew that I had only a short time left to live, I would be blessed with dying grace in that knowledge, for I have no doubt that to be absent from the body is to be at home with the Lord. Death for the believer is a promotion. Heaven is a much better place than this world with its cosmic system under Satan's rule is.

At any rate, I hope you're not in a lot of pain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2016, 10:09 PM

4,079 posts, read 1,163,175 times
Quote:
And I wouldn't disagree with you on the couple story part, but I would say that it's not G-d's love, because it's a Spirit, and that Spirit does not engender spiritual bondage nor contribute to it in any way. And don't think I'm "picking" here; heterosexual "love" still comes up short of the mark, for the same reason.

Man's love (as in mankind) is imperfect in whatever form you find it in, and is conditional as in: "if they look a certain way, have certain traits, even have a particular kind of job (yeah it's that shallow sometimes), if they'll do this or that for me, ect., ect."
Of course mankind's love is imperfect. The point of finding someone to spend your life with is not to find someone who is perfect, but to find someone perfect for you.

We're not meant to be alone. Celibacy is something very few can live with. For the rest of us, it's natural and healthy to find someone to fall in love with, or even just to date. What I see so many Christians saying is that gay people have to remain celibate, and never know love in the context of a loving, committed relationship. It's not fair, it's not just. It's hypocritical to say that it's ok for straight people to fall in love, but it's not ok for gay people to fall in love.

Some of us place conditions on finding love, some don't.

My Mom had uterine cancer. She kicked it's ass. You can beat yours, too.

Old 03-10-2016, 10:16 PM

4,079 posts, read 1,163,175 times
Quote:
So I have posted this to try to open a door of understanding for any who would try to walk through it, to be set free, and find the Father's love, and be healed of ANY brokeness. That's all, and may G-d's mercy abound upon you. Peace

My brokenness has come from being rejected not only by Christians, but also by my family, and a lot of people I thought were friends. The same Christ that is in you, is waiting to be encountered in me. Understanding goes both ways. If you want understanding from me, you have to be willing to be understanding of me.

Old 03-11-2016, 06:09 AM

9,169 posts, read 2,808,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Of course mankind's love is imperfect. The point of finding someone to spend your life with is not to find someone who is perfect, but to find someone perfect for you.

We're not meant to be alone. Celibacy is something very few can live with. For the rest of us, it's natural and healthy to find someone to fall in love with, or even just to date. What I see so many Christians saying is that gay people have to remain celibate, and never know love in the context of a loving, committed relationship. It's not fair, it's not just. It's hypocritical to say that it's ok for straight people to fall in love, but it's not ok for gay people to fall in love.

Some of us place conditions on finding love, some don't.

My Mom had uterine cancer. She kicked it's ass. You can beat yours, too.

I'm truly sorry that's all you took from my post.

Thank you for your concern, but I don't have uterine cancer.

Great about your mom, though. Unfortunately mine wasn't so lucky. Blessings and peace to you...

Last edited by Rbbi1; 03-11-2016 at 06:29 AM..

Old 03-11-2016, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
My brokenness has come from being rejected not only by Christians, but also by my family, and a lot of people I thought were friends. The same Christ that is in you, is waiting to be encountered in me. Understanding goes both ways. If you want understanding from me, you have to be willing to be understanding of me.
The brokenness you have, is the same brokenness we all have, and it is spiritual in nature. You must be willing to go back and see the beginning, before you have any impact on the ending. My prayer for you is that you do. I know Christ is in you, I never meant to imply otherwise.

I'm sorry for your rejection; Christ never rejected anyone, and anyone Christ is RULING over, will not reject you either. Any school in the natural has mean-spirited children. The spiritual is no different.

The understanding I was referring to, is not carnally minded understanding, but rather the understanding that comes via the Spirit giving the revelation of the deeper things of the Word. The Word is like a lake you see anywhere. There are some that play along the edge of the water, and splash around. There are those who swim on top of the water, and there are those that dive down deep exploring every cove. Peace

Old 03-11-2016, 08:45 AM

20,640 posts, read 22,832,721 times
Quote:
The brokenness you have, is the same brokenness we all have, and it is spiritual in nature. You must be willing to go back and see the beginning, before you have any impact on the ending. My prayer for you is that you do. I know Christ is in you, I never meant to imply otherwise.

I'm sorry for your rejection; Christ never rejected anyone, and anyone Christ is RULING over, will not reject you either. Any school in the natural has mean-spirited children. The spiritual is no different.

The understanding I was referring to, is not carnally minded understanding, but rather the understanding that comes via the Spirit giving the revelation of the deeper things of the Word. The Word is like a lake you see anywhere. There are some that play along the edge of the water, and splash around. There are those who swim on top of the water, and there are those that dive down deep exploring every cove. Peace
Christianity has it wrong.
We are not broken.
We are not fallen.
We are not flawed.
We are simply fragile.
We are beautifully distractible.

Christianity has it WRONG--YOU are not BROKEN

Old 03-11-2016, 01:02 PM

So I guess G-d was wrong in sending His Son, because only the broken need to be make whole. Pottery 101: the pot does not get to disagree with the potter.

Old 03-11-2016, 01:07 PM

20,640 posts, read 22,832,721 times
Quote:
So I guess G-d was wrong in sending His Son, because only the broken need to be make whole. Pottery 101: the pot does not get to disagree with the potter.
Not that God was wrong, we are wrong in assuming WHY He sent His Son..

“No one has greater love than this, to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.”

“Why did Jesus die on a cross?”

Jesus died on the cross because he offended those in power.

Jesus died on a cross because he challenged the status quo.

Jesus died on a cross because love would not sit silently by as those who had little were being stepped on, used, and abused by those who had so very much.

Jesus died on a cross to show us what love looks like in action.

God Did Not Kill Jesus on the Cross for Our Sins

Old 03-11-2016, 01:35 PM

20,335 posts, read 15,713,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Not that God was wrong, we are wrong in assuming WHY He sent His Son..

“No one has greater love than this, to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.”

Jesus died on the cross because he offended those in power.

Jesus died on a cross because he challenged the status quo.

Jesus died on a cross because love would not sit silently by as those who had little were being stepped on, used, and abused by those who had so very much.

Jesus died on a cross to show us what love looks like in action.

God Did Not Kill Jesus on the Cross for Our Sins
Isa 53:5 But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed.

1 Cor. 15:3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures,

Gal. 1:4 who gave Himself for our sins so that He might rescue us from this present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father,

1 Peter 2:24 He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed.

Jesus came into the world to die for the sins of the world as the Scriptures plainly state. If you have never believed that Christ died for your sins you remain under condemnation and eternal separation from God is in your future.

Old 03-11-2016, 01:38 PM

23,509 posts, read 12,166,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
...snip... If you have never believed that Christ died for your sins you remain under condemnation and eternal separation from God is in your future.
Really?

Oh well. Dems da breaks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity