Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 12:48 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,842,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
I'm sorry, I have more empathy than you know (I have CLOSE friends that are or were L or G), but I just can't let this slide....there is no such thing as "your truth", there is only G-d's Truth, and THAT is where you get "your truth" from, and ANYTHING that conflicts with His Truth, is a lie.

Now those that have it, may not be privileged to feel it YET, but that is the homosexual spirit.
I say "privileged", because if the Lord is letting you know there is a presence of any kind, it means He is standing there waiting to set you free. It seeks to squeeze the life out of it's victims, the life of the spirit He gave us. NO ONE should be ostracized that has been taken captive of this spirit, they should be PRAYED FOR and the mercy of G-d extended to them, for there but by His grace could ANY of us had been made to walk.
I'll just address the bolded part. Homosexuality is not a spirit. Or a demon, or any such thing. It is simply an orientation, the opposite of heterosexuality. It's not about sex, or lust exclusively. Those two things are present of course, just as they are for heterosexuals, or bisexuals. I remember reading a story about Jack Evans And George Harris, who have been together for 54 years as of last year. They got married last June. I don't think demon possession would keep a couple together that long. Nor would lust. 54 years is a long, long time to be committed to one another like that. If that isn't love, I don't know what is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2016, 01:03 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,165,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Once again, you're both incapable of addressing the subject
matter in my post so choose to "attack" me. Tedious.
Why address nonsense?

Truth and rationality simply bounce off your Fundashield.

Old 03-10-2016, 01:10 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,030,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
The wall building will continue unless there is repentance and a willingness to turn away from sin. You seem to subscribe to a type of Christianity that tries to marry itself with new worldwide ideology of accepting and embracing "if it feels good, do it" type morality. Therefore, it is considering "judging" if a Christian even dares speaks and addresses such things as sin. That's not the example of Christ at all. Christ spoke directly, harshly and strongly against sin. Christ also condemned the Pharisees for judging, but their type of judgement was more in the vein of believing that they were better than other people when in reality on a heart based level, they were rotten to the core.
God is NOT counting our sins against us so why are YOU doing so, Jeff????Is this kind of judging heart-based or rotten to the core???

Hebrews 8:10-13 King James Version (KJV)
10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Pay attention to these posts of mine, Jeff, the fate of your soul may depend on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The worst of sins is pointing to others' sins and harming or discriminating against them because of it. That is Dark Ages insanity. We are NOT to enforce ANY of God's rules on anyone but ourselves. We are certainly NOT to pretend to know who IS or IS NOT a Christian in God's eyes. That kind of arrogance and hubris is no part of Christ's Gospel.
Quote:
Those who harm or hurt or mistreat or discriminate against others because of their so-called sins are sinning against the Holy Spirit (Who IS agape love). You DO realize what sinning against the Holy Spirit means for them don't you???What was that verse about making them twice the children of the devil . . . or something like that???

Old 03-10-2016, 01:51 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,038,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
I'll just address the bolded part. Homosexuality is not a spirit. Or a demon, or any such thing. It is simply an orientation, the opposite of heterosexuality. It's not about sex, or lust exclusively. Those two things are present of course, just as they are for heterosexuals, or bisexuals. I remember reading a story about Jack Evans And George Harris, who have been together for 54 years as of last year. They got married last June. I don't think demon possession would keep a couple together that long. Nor would lust. 54 years is a long, long time to be committed to one another like that. If that isn't love, I don't know what is.
And I wouldn't disagree with you on the couple story part, but I would say that it's not G-d's love, because it's a Spirit, and that Spirit does not engender spiritual bondage nor contribute to it in any way. And don't think I'm "picking" here; heterosexual "love" still comes up short of the mark, for the same reason.

Man's love (as in mankind) is imperfect in whatever form you find it in, and is conditional as in: "if they look a certain way, have certain traits, even have a particular kind of job (yeah it's that shallow sometimes), if they'll do this or that for me, ect., ect."

G-d's love is unconditional, in that you can come as you are, BUT He wants to give you MORE, MAKE YOU MORE, than what you are, because He has life to give and life more abundantly. It comes with the perfecting that's supposed to be going on with the body. Perfection there is not OUR concept of perfection, which is unattainable in any form, it's HIS concept, which is lining us up spirit, soul and body, WITH HIS WORD.

I'm sure most of you probably didn't believe my stories of miracle healings and that's ok. I will only say I am waiting upon another one (no cancer never returned), that if it doesn't happen fairly soon, I'm not long for this body. The doctor gave me 3 months. So that's one reason why I hope you realize for your own benefit, that I'm standing a lot closer to eternity's door than most of you probably are, and if you think I would lie and risk whatever standing I may have with Him, think again.

Point being, healing cannot come if the other parts of us are not in line with His Word. Doesn't mean we're "perfect" or don't still sin. It means our heart, our will, and our body, are surrendered to do our level best to walk in whatever light we have. Thing is, you have to KNOW that you are in right standing before you can command your body that is hemorrhaging from cancer, and your carnal beast of a mind that's harping daily on how many relatives you had die from it, to line up with what the WORD of G-d says, and have faith that it will be performed.

See, the Spirit comes to perform the Word, but that Word must first be in you (initial salvation) and covering you (baptism of the Holy Ghost). The Spirit walks upon the Word. But we can't wait until we're in crisis mode to try to conform ourselves into His image, and His image is whatever the Word says.

So you no doubt wonder why I seemingly switched topics from gay issues to healing. It's because to be healed is to be MADE WHOLE. For me, bitterness was the root, cancer was the fruit. Every fruit has a root but the foundation problem of all of our issues that don't line up with the Word of G-d comes from being broken, our soul and spirit were "divorced" in the garden. This is why no sin is greater than any other sin, it's all sin to G-d, save blasphemy of the Holy Ghost.

So if you understand that, then sin has a root which is spiritual (snake in the garden), but the FRUIT is natural. You can't say there is no root, when you have confessed or display the fruit. ANYTHING that separates us from being made whole is NOT HIS SPIRIT, and there is a root. This is why it says we fight not against flesh and blood, but against powers and principalities of the air (spirit).

We live in a culture today, in which the mind's of men, have been blinded by the god of this world, more than any other time perhaps in history, as it was said that darkness would increase right before He returns.

Father's that didn't know Him have done a poor job of displaying His love to their children, and the "fathers" men appointed over them in the churches have done an even poorer job for the most part. Because of this, it's made it hard for His children (and some of them are adults after the flesh) to find Him, because the image of a father they have, is so distorted, most of the time.

So I have posted this to try to open a door of understanding for any who would try to walk through it, to be set free, and find the Father's love, and be healed of ANY brokeness. That's all, and may G-d's mercy abound upon you. Peace

Last edited by Rbbi1; 03-10-2016 at 02:21 PM..

Old 03-10-2016, 01:52 PM

10,086 posts, read 5,728,873 times
Quote:
God is NOT counting our sins against us so why are YOU doing so, Jeff????Is this kind of judging heart-based or rotten to the core???

Hebrews 8:10-13 King James Version (KJV)
10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Pay attention to these posts of mine, Jeff, the fate of your soul may depend on it.

You may be surprised in that fact I do agree with you somewhat here. I don't think God is counting our sins against us. God took care of sin at Calvary. The price of sin was paid so why would He continue to judge us for sin? Also the Bible says our best efforts are like filthy rags to God. We can't earn our way to heaven through good deeds. Our focus should be on loving each other.

But that doesn't mean that we should feel free to sin all we want and never talk about sin. God hates sin because it is destructive and causes strife in our lives. Sin is opening a door way for the enemy to come and cause problems. If you had a friend walking in front of a train, wouldn't you warn them? Even Penn gets it. How much do you have to hate someone if you believe they are on the path to hell and you don't say a word about it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6md638smQd8

Old 03-10-2016, 02:03 PM

10,086 posts, read 5,728,873 times
Quote:
And I wouldn't disagree with you on the couple story part, but I would say that it's not G-d's love, because it's a Spirit, and that Spirit does not engender spiritual bondage nor contribute to it in any way. And don't think I'm "picking" here; heterosexual "love" still comes up short of the mark, for the same reason.

Man's love (as in mankind) is imperfect in whatever form you find it in, and is conditional as in: "if they look a certain way, have certain traits, even have a particular kind of job (yeah it's that shallow sometimes), if they'll do this or that for me, ect., ect."

G-d's love is unconditional, in that you can come as you are, BUT He wants to give you MORE, MAKE YOU MORE, than what you are, because He has life to give and life more abundantly. It comes with the perfecting that's supposed to be going on with the body. Perfection there is not OUR concept of perfection, which is unattainable in any form, it's HIS concept, which is lining us up spirit, soul and body, WITH HIS WORD.

I'm sure most of you probably didn't believe my stories of miracle healings and that's ok. I will only say I am waiting upon another one (no cancer never returned), that if it doesn't happen fairly soon, I'm not long for this body. The doctor gave me 3 months. So that's one reason why I hope you realize for your own benefit, that I'm standing a lot closer to eternity's door than most of you probably are, and if you think I would lie and risk whatever standing I may have with Him, think again.

Point being, healing cannot come if the other parts of us is not in line with His Word. Doesn't mean we're "perfect" or don't still sin. It means our heart and our will are surrendered to do our level best to walk in whatever light we have. Thing is, you have to KNOW that you are in right standing before you can command your body that is hemorrhaging from cancer, and your carnal beast of a mind, to line up with what the WORD of G-d says, and have faith that it will be performed.

See, the Spirit comes to perform the Word, but that Word must first be in you (initial salvation) and covering you (baptism of the Holy Ghost). The Spirit walks upon the Word. But we can't wait until we're in crisis mode to try to conform ourselves into His image, and His image is whatever the Word says.

So you no doubt wonder why I seemingly switched topics from gay issues to healing. It's because to be healed is to be MADE WHOLE. The root of all of our issues that don't line up with the Word of G-d comes from being broken, our soul and spirit were "divorced" in the garden. This is why no sin is greater than any other sin, it's all sin to G-d, save blasphemy of the Holy Ghost.

So if you understand that, then sin has a root which is spiritual (snake in the garden), but the FRUIT is natural. You can't say there is no root, when you have confessed or display the fruit. ANYTHING that separates us from being made whole is NOT HIS SPIRIT.

We live in a culture today, which the mind's of men, have been blinded by the god of this world, more than any other time perhaps in history, as it was said that darkness would increase right before He returns. Father's that didn't know Him have done a poor job of displaying His love to their children, and the "fathers" men appointed over them in the churches have done an even poorer job for the most part. I have posted to open a door of understanding for any who would try to walk through it, to be set free, and find the Father's love. That's all, and may G-d's mercy abound upon you. Peace
Thank you for posting this. So much deep truth here that sadly is not being taught in most churches. Many Christians walk in defeat because we haven't surrendered ourselves fully to God and fail on the principle of Matthew 16:25:

"For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it."

Old 03-10-2016, 02:12 PM

AMEN. May G-d have mercy on us all, because His return is VERY near, I believe with all my heart. Peace

Old 03-10-2016, 02:44 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,707,777 times
Quote:
Well maybe that's because you and your atheists friends keep me on the defense all the time. I find your accusations quite hypocritical since your posts are snarky, rude and certainly not even friendly. You have a very shakey foundation for your faith since you have openly admitted to rejecting large portions of the Bible. You can't tell me that you believe in the Word of God yet reject parts of it too.
(1) Was Jesus being hypocritical for calling the bible-believers he faced "vipers?" Was he snarky and rude or even close to being friendly?
(2)You don't believe the best parts of Scripture either. Further, you are adept at pointing out the worst parts of it.
Example: You believe in original sin--a horrible disgusting denominationally linked dogma. By doing so you disbelieve OR make up fictional, non-biblical stories to explain the following:

King David, addressing God, writes: "Yet you brought me out of the womb; you made me trust in you even at my mother's breast. From birth I was cast upon you; from my mother's womb you have been my God" (Psa. 22:9,10; cf. 71:5,6)

The Godly Job proclaims that he has taken care of orphans and widows "from my birth" (Job 31:17,18). These verses are rightly understood as poetic exaggerations. No one cites them to prove a doctrine of "original holiness" or "original righteousness." Why, then, should Psalm 51:5 and 58:3 be cited to prove "original sin"?

If we are to understand each verse of Scripture "literally" then your views make both David and Job liars.

Quote:
Not only are you being extremely judgemental but you resort gross lies. I defend the truth as I see it, and that has never included pedophilia. What a horrible thing to say! I came out here clearly retracting my position on Josh Duggar as well. Thank goodness I serve a God who can still forgive us no matter how fall we fall from grace.
God judges you, I'm just pointing out that he is doing so in your own life. You are afraid to look inward so to you I have become your enemy to excuse the fact that you won't look at your own heart.

You only retracted your statement about Duggar AFTER he was found out to be an adulterer as well as a pedophile. Bottom line is your comparison of gays to pedophiles, a cheap, improper judgment itself, should also apply to plenty of people publicly claiming to be "christian," but not practicing loving others as themselves.

As long as God gives me breath, He will use me to continue to point out your hypocrisy in despising those different from yourself and forgiving dogmatic minded people as you forgive yourself. You cannot fail to look inward and claim Christ is yours. And when you REALLY look inward, you would forgive everyone, even those whom you think are "sinners" in the eyes of God---because He forgave you.

I'm not your accuser. I'm your hope of turning away from your denominational handlers and seeking truth for yourself. My only accusation is that you haven't even begun to do so.
Quote:
No, I'm not judging her. I never called her out specifically, said her name or addressed her lifestyle. That's the kind of things you and your friends do to me.

God calls us to love all people which means you need to let go of this bitter anger for fundamentalist Christians.
Read the OP's post #46. You still haven't replied to my question about that. If your spiel is so "loving" why isn't she able to see it. She knew what you were doing, and so do the rest of Christ followers.

As a gay man stated on another thread: Bigotry disguised by religion and ignorance is still bigotry.

You don't see my charge of Pharisaism, because the Pharisees didn't see themselves as not following the Spirit of the Law--they wanted to follow the letter---exactly as do you.

Old 03-10-2016, 02:48 PM

33,220 posts, read 26,406,306 times
Quote:

Point being, healing cannot come if the other parts of us are not in line with His Word. Doesn't mean we're "perfect" or don't still sin. It means our heart, our will, and our body, are surrendered to do our level best to walk in whatever light we have. Thing is, you have to KNOW that you are in right standing before you can command your body that is hemorrhaging from cancer, and your carnal beast of a mind that's harping daily on how many relatives you had die from it, to line up with what the WORD of G-d says, and have faith that it will be performed.

So you no doubt wonder why I seemingly switched topics from gay issues to healing. It's because to be healed is to be MADE WHOLE. For me, bitterness was the root, cancer was the fruit. Every fruit has a root but the foundation problem of all of our issues that don't line up with the Word of G-d comes from being broken, our soul and spirit were "divorced" in the garden. This is why no sin is greater than any other sin, it's all sin to G-d, save blasphemy of the Holy Ghost.

So if you understand that, then sin has a root which is spiritual (snake in the garden), but the FRUIT is natural. You can't say there is no root, when you have confessed or display the fruit. ANYTHING that separates us from being made whole is NOT HIS SPIRIT, and there is a root. This is why it says we fight not against flesh and blood, but against powers and principalities of the air (spirit).

We live in a culture today, in which the mind's of men, have been blinded by the god of this world, more than any other time perhaps in history, as it was said that darkness would increase right before He returns.

Father's that didn't know Him have done a poor job of displaying His love to their children, and the "fathers" men appointed over them in the churches have done an even poorer job for the most part. Because of this, it's made it hard for His children (and some of them are adults after the flesh) to find Him, because the image of a father they have, is so distorted, most of the time.

So I have posted this to try to open a door of understanding for any who would try to walk through it, to be set free, and find the Father's love, and be healed of ANY brokeness. That's all, and may G-d's mercy abound upon you. Peace
Rbbi1, the doctor has given you three months to live?

Old 03-10-2016, 02:57 PM

Yeah, but he's just a man. Men have been telling me I was going to die for the last 7 years, the last 2 in particular, and I'm still here. But I take nothing the Lord gives me for granted, including my own life. He is sovereign and if He decides to take me, that's His business. Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity