U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 08:57 PM

13,285 posts, read 4,246,425 times

Advertisements

I think the most understood promises are in Romans 9

''Not my people.'' Gentiles

''Become the sons of the living God.''

This promise is not to Judah or Jews, it is spoken to the kingdom of Israel, not Judah. God put an end to the Northern kingdom and they became gentiles, but as gentiles, God would betroth them unto him, and bring them back into Israel to become one with Jews.

Romans 9

1I speak the truth in Christ—I am not lying, my conscience confirms it through the Holy Spirit— 2I have great sorrow and unceasing anguish in my heart.
3For I could wish that I myself were cursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of my people, those of my own race,
4the people of Israel. Theirs is the adoption to sonship; theirs the divine glory, the covenants, the receiving of the law, the temple worship and the promises.
5Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them is traced the human ancestry of the Messiah, who is God over all, forever praised! Amen. God’s Sovereign Choice
6It is not as though God’s word had failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel. 7Nor because they are his descendants are they all Abraham’s children. On the contrary, “It is through Isaac that your offspring will be reckoned.”
8In other words, it is not the children by physical descent who are God’s children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham’s offspring. 9For this was how the promise was stated: “At the appointed time I will return, and Sarah will have a son.”
10Not only that, but Rebekah’s children were conceived at the same time by our father Isaac. 11Yet, before the twins were born or had done anything good or bad—in order that God’s purpose in election might stand: 12not by works but by him who calls—she was told, “The older will serve the younger.” 13Just as it is written: “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.”
14What then shall we say? Is God unjust? Not at all! 15For he says to Moses,
“I will have mercy on whom I have mercy,
and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.”
16It does not, therefore, depend on human desire or effort, but on God’s mercy.
17For Scripture says to Pharaoh: “I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.”
18Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden.
19One of you will say to me: “Then why does God still blame us? For who is able to resist his will?” 20But who are you, a human being, to talk back to God? “Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, ‘Why did you make me like this?’ ”
21Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for special purposes and some for common use?
22What if God, although choosing to show his wrath and make his power known, bore with great patience the objects of his wrath—prepared for destruction? 23What if he did this to make the riches of his glory known to the objects of his mercy, whom he prepared in advance for glory— 24even us, whom he also called, not only from the Jews but also from the Gentiles?

25As he says in Hosea:“I will call them ‘my people’ who are not my people;
and I will call her ‘my loved one’ who is not my loved one,”
26and, “In the very place where it was said to them,

‘You are not my people,’
there they will be called ‘children of the living God.’ ”

Notice, this promise to the kingdom of Israel saying,'' You are not my people{gentiles}, There they will be called the children of the living God.''

This scripture and promise has nothing whatsoever to do with Judah, it is a promise to the ten lost tribes who had been exiled into the nations and after they had become gentiles, God would betroth them to himself in order to redeem them into Israel to make them one with Jews. Jews already had a betrothal.

Gentiles cling to the promise of the lost sons of Joseph that as gentile a Jew would come and marry them and they would then be called,' The sons of the living God.

Paul goes on speaking of the lost ten tribes when he begins speaking of the 7000 reserved in Israel, NOT JUDAH.

Romans 11

4But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal. 5Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

Paul was of Benjamin and he was one of those 7000 reserved in Israel.

Paul was quoting what God had told Elijah when Elijah was sent to the Northern kingdom of Ahab and Jezebel, and Elijah said,'' I am the only one left in the NORTHERN KINGDOM.''

Judah was not there when Elijah called down fire from heaven.

Elijah and John were not sent to Jews, and Elijah was in no way speaking of Judah when he said,'' I am the only one.'' But God showed Elijah that he still had 7000 men reserved in the Northern Kingdom under Ahab who had not bent their knee to Baal, and just after God speaks of those 7000, we see Ahab gathering those same 7000 men.

They have nothing to do with Jews, and while Paul is talking about Northern Israel over and over, it is misunderstood because people tend to throw all Israel in there when Judah was not present.

Elijah was not sent to Jews, and when Paul speaks of those 7000, he speaks of 7000 reserved from the ten lost tribes who were living amongst Judah and he was one of them.

Those same 7000 are seen dying in revelation for good reason.

Revelation 11

Seven thousand people were killed in the earthquake, and the survivors were terrified and gave glory to the God of heaven.

These 7000 men ARE the 7000 reserved in Israel, from the Northern kingdom and they MUST die.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2016, 03:29 AM

7,859 posts, read 6,668,091 times
The children of God are the anointed , so either came through the descendant of Isaac , these people had to be obedient to the rules of God commandments and these people needed to keep clean , or if they ignored God spiritually those people would not be the children of God but by hope of God they would still be cleansed and saved ...... So in the end 144,000 people of the descendants of Isaac were saved to the lamb of God ..................Jesus was from the tribe of Judah and after He took the reward of Saviour ,and Gods spirit is given Christians were adopted to Christ , as spiritually when they become anointed with God then they and not gentile any more , but still the stock of people who become Christians are of the so called gentile ....................The lost ten tribes were captive to the Babylonians years before the tribe of Judah and Benjamin , and were condemned as they intermarried with the Assyrian , and other captive groups and then came back to Israel where to this day cannot become citizens of Israel , like the Samaritans were part of the lost tribes of Israel

Old 03-09-2016, 08:19 AM

9,169 posts, read 2,782,281 times
Amen

Old 03-09-2016, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
The lost ten tribes were captive to the Babylonians years before the tribe of Judah and Benjamin , and were condemned as they intermarried with the Assyrian , and other captive groups and then came back to Israel where to this day cannot become citizens of Israel , like the Samaritans were part of the lost tribes of Israel

That's why God promised the ten lost tribes a betrothal that redeems them back into Israel.

Old 03-09-2016, 09:20 AM

26,264 posts, read 13,930,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
That's why God promised the ten lost tribes a betrothal that redeems them back into Israel.
The lost ten tribes were NOT in Babylon, they were in Assyria...

Old 03-09-2016, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
The lost ten tribes were NOT in Babylon, they were in Assyria...
Yup, I just didn't correct him on it.

Old 03-10-2016, 08:44 AM

9,169 posts, read 2,782,281 times
Quote:
Yup, I just didn't correct him on it.
???

Old 03-10-2016, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
???

The Kingdom of Israel was taken by the King of Assyria and brought to Assyria which is almost Babylon but not. Then the king brought people from Babylon and placed them in the houses of the lost sons of Joseph, the ten tribes.

This was 722 B.C.

Those New Israelites claimed to be Israel for 700 years before Jesus came. One priest had been brought back from the lost ten tribes to teach the new Israel the old ways of Israel, that priest taught those new Israelites the Pagan feasts that brought down the ten kingdoms and so they continued in the same sins of Jereboam that wiped out the Northern Kingdom.

586 B.C.

Over a century later, Judah was then taken into Babylon.

Then Judah came back.

Israel never returned, Ephraim had never returned and when Jesus brought a new covenant for Ephraim and Judah, Ephraim was not present until that promised betrothal came into play. That the people sitting in the land of Joseph in the land of Ephraim had seen a great light in a bridegroom.

So the promise to the lost ten tribes had finally come, that after they had become gentiles, Messiah would come and allure them, and marry them to redeem them back into Israel.

Old 03-10-2016, 09:29 AM

3,021 posts, read 2,061,197 times
Quote:
The Kingdom of Israel was taken by the King of Assyria and brought to Assyria which is almost Babylon but not. Then the king brought people from Babylon and placed them in the houses of the lost sons of Joseph, the ten tribes.

This was 722 B.C.

Those New Israelites claimed to be Israel for 700 years before Jesus came. One priest had been brought back from the lost ten tribes to teach the new Israel the old ways of Israel, that priest taught those new Israelites the Pagan feasts that brought down the ten kingdoms and so they continued in the same sins of Jereboam that wiped out the Northern Kingdom.

586 B.C.

Over a century later, Judah was then taken into Babylon.

Then Judah came back.

Israel never returned, Ephraim had never returned and when Jesus brought a new covenant for Ephraim and Judah, Ephraim was not present until that promised betrothal came into play. That the people sitting in the land of Joseph in the land of Ephraim had seen a great light in a bridegroom.

So the promise to the lost ten tribes had finally come, that after they had become gentiles, Messiah would come and allure them, and marry them to redeem them back into Israel.
How does an Israelite become a gentile? The answer is - They can't.

Old 03-10-2016, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
How does an Israelite become a gentile? The answer is - They can't.
Not only can they become an Israelite under the promise to Gentiles by the promise to the lost ten tribes, but if a Gentile wants to be perfect, he can become a priest or even a Levite.

Isaiah 66
20And they shall bring all your brethren for an offering unto the LORD out of all nations upon horses, and in chariots, and in litters, and upon mules, and upon swift beasts, to my holy mountain Jerusalem, saith the LORD, as the children of Israel bring an offering in a clean vessel into the house of the LORD. 21And I will also take of them for priests and for Levites, saith the LORD.

But Paul quotes the promise to the lost ten tribes after their kingdom had been brought to an end saying,'' Not my people{Gentiles} become the sons of the living God in the place that it was said to them,'' You are not my people{To the ten tribes}, in that same place{in the land of Joseph} they will be called the sons of the living God.

The people who obtained no mercy{Northern Israel} would obtain mercy and be grafted into Israel through a promise to the lost kingdom of Ephraim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or