U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 09:00 AM

26,325 posts, read 13,956,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Rom 5:12 Therefore, even as through one man sin entered into the world, and through sin death, and thus death passed through into all mankind, and for that reason, all sin -"
Problem is man was created mortal to begin with...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2016, 09:25 AM

9,169 posts, read 2,790,525 times
There are different kinds of death, just like there are different kinds of life. Peace

Old 03-10-2016, 11:32 AM

4,221 posts, read 1,967,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Sin is disobedience to G-d's Commandments...
Sin is when one does not keep the commandments and refuses to walk in Gods ways therefor not believing in His son.

"Keep the commandments of the Lord by walking in His ways and revering Him."

Old 03-10-2016, 01:05 PM

26,251 posts, read 14,130,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Sin is any unfaithfulness in the Lord (Numbers 5:6).

Jesus redefined the terms in the Sermon on the Mount - see the adultery section where lusting makes one guilty of adultery. Obviously the damage is increased when people act it out and consequences result.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Numbers 5:

6.Tell the children of Israel: When a man or woman commits any of the sins against man to act treacherously against God, and that person is [found] guilty,
Numbers 5:6 (NASB) - "Speak to the sons of Israel, `When a man or woman commits any of the sins of mankind, acting unfaithfully against the LORD, and that person is guilty,

However you want to translate it - it is anything with roots in unfaithfulness to God.

Romans 14:23 - But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because his eating is not from faith; and whatever is not from faith is sin.

Old 03-10-2016, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Numbers 5:6 (NASB) - "Speak to the sons of Israel, `When a man or woman commits any of the sins of mankind, acting unfaithfully against the LORD, and that person is guilty,

However you want to translate it - it is anything with roots in unfaithfulness to God.

Romans 14:23 - But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because his eating is not from faith; and whatever is not from faith is sin.
Jesus defined sin as not doing the works of the son of man which is not believing in him. Just because man does not understand it doesn't mean Jesus was incorrect.

Believing in the son of man is doing the works of God and the will of God.

Old 03-10-2016, 06:41 PM

20,598 posts, read 22,764,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Sin is caused by not believing in God and the son of man by not doing the works of the son of man since believing in the son of man is doing the works He did as Jesus said.

IE;

John 16:

7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you.
8 And when he comes, he will prove the world wrong about sin and righteousness and judgment:
9 about sin, because they do not believe in me;

John 14:12

12 "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I go to the Father.

Do ourselves do the works of the son of man?

If not you are a sinner.

"Sinners won't be allowed in the assembly of the righteous."
So I believe in God, therefore I no longer sin!

Old 03-11-2016, 05:13 AM

347 posts, read 194,269 times
These definitions are incomplete. Sin is not just about what we do or fail to do, it is about the nature we are born with (Psalm 51:5). We are born with a nature that wants to sin. But, there is hope. Because of Jesus, we have hope.

Old 03-11-2016, 08:09 AM

14,070 posts, read 8,580,005 times
I'm surprised no one gave the "missing the mark" or "falling short of god's perfection" definitions for sin.

But no matter; all these definitions are designed to manufacture inadequacy so that you can sell a remedy for a problem you have framed exactly for that purpose. As well as to otherize people who don't agree with you about what constitutes correct thought or belief or practice.

Human nature -- our imperfect, irrational, and often self-defeating and conflicting judgments and actions and beliefs -- is best acknowledged for what it is, the better to work effectively with it rather than manipulate it with shame for purposes of control.

Old 03-11-2016, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
So I believe in God, therefore I no longer sin!
"If the son frees you, you shall truly be free."

"He who seeks the glory of the One who sent him is truthful and there is no unrighteousness in him."

Old 03-12-2016, 11:49 AM

26,325 posts, read 13,956,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Sin is when one does not keep the commandments and refuses to walk in Gods ways therefor not believing in His son.

"Keep the commandments of the Lord by walking in His ways and revering Him."
Where did G-d command anyone to believe in His son?...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity