U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 07:35 PM

4,221 posts, read 1,964,692 times

Advertisements

Sin is caused by not believing in God and the son of man by not doing the works of the son of man since believing in the son of man is doing the works He did as Jesus said.

IE;

John 16:

7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you.
8 And when he comes, he will prove the world wrong about sin and righteousness and judgment:
9 about sin, because they do not believe in me;

John 14:12

12 "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I go to the Father.

Do ourselves do the works of the son of man?

If not you are a sinner.

"Sinners won't be allowed in the assembly of the righteous."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2016, 07:47 PM

15 posts, read 5,915 times
I'm not sure what sin is. I believe the children of Israel (blackish and Asianish) need to do the law.

Jesus is the way, the truth and life.

Old 03-09-2016, 08:43 PM

23,321 posts, read 12,073,882 times
Sin is doing something you know you shouldn't.

Old 03-09-2016, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsraelJudah2 View Post
I'm not sure what sin is. I believe the children of Israel (blackish and Asianish) need to do the law.

The son of man is the way, the truth, the life, the wisdom, the love, the mercy, the righteousness, the glory, the help, the compassion, the spirit, the knowledge, the kindness and the protection of God.

The son of man is One with the Father and the prophets are One with the Lord.

Believe in me and you will be One with the Lord.

Old 03-10-2016, 07:00 AM

26,222 posts, read 14,105,516 times
Sin is any unfaithfulness in the Lord (Numbers 5:6).

Jesus redefined the terms in the Sermon on the Mount - see the adultery section where lusting makes one guilty of adultery. Obviously the damage is increased when people act it out and consequences result.

Old 03-10-2016, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Not under the new covenant.

Quote:
Jesus redefined the terms in the Sermon on the Mount - see the adultery section where lusting makes one guilty of adultery. Obviously the damage is increased when people act it out and consequences result.

"By your words you'll be justified and by your words you'll be condemned."

Old 03-10-2016, 07:43 AM

17,968 posts, read 12,434,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Sin is caused by not believing in God and the son of man by not doing the works of the son of man since believing in the son of man is doing the works He did as Jesus said.

IE;

John 16:

7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you.
8 And when he comes, he will prove the world wrong about sin and righteousness and judgment:

12 "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I go to the Father.

If not you are a sinner.

Rom 5:12 Therefore, even as through one man sin entered into the world, and through sin death, and thus death passed through into all mankind, and for that reason, all sin -"

Mankind sins because mankind is dying.

What were the works Christ did?

From Adam Clarke's Commentary on the Bible:

"And greater works than these - The miracles which I have wrought could not have been wrought but by the omnipotence of God; but that omnipotence can work greater. And those who believe on my name shall, through my almighty power, be enabled to work greater miracles than those which l have ordinarily wrought. An impostor might seduce the people by false miracles; but he could not make his power and cunning pass to all those who were seduced by him: but I will give you this proof of the divinity of my mission and the truth of my doctrine."

Old 03-10-2016, 07:53 AM

26,264 posts, read 13,930,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post

IE;

John 16:

If not you are a sinner.

Sin is disobedience to G-d's Commandments...

Old 03-10-2016, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsraelJudah2 View Post

Uh...No...They're not...

Old 03-10-2016, 07:57 AM

Quote:

Numbers 5:

6.Tell the children of Israel: When a man or woman commits any of the sins against man to act treacherously against God, and that person is [found] guilty,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity