U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2016, 05:03 PM

4,097 posts, read 1,467,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Matthew 24 is all tribulation ground and that was Jesus Christ talking to the Jews. The Jews will have an earthly kingdom with Jesus as the King for 1,000 years in the millenium. The Gentiles saved by grace today have a heavenly calling and will not be saved by the Gospel of the Kingdom......it was for Jesus earthly ministry and was simply knowing the deity of Christ and acknowledging HIM correctly as the Son of God...........

Our Gospel today is for both Jews and Gentiles and consists of knowing you are a sinner without hope.....Jesus died on that cross for our sins, was dead and buried, and was resurrected on the third day according to scripture.

The gospel of grace was after the cross and only given to Paul...........we in the body of Christ will be departing before this Matt 24 passage and meeting Christ in the air and receiving our glorified bodies.....

You need a new teacher. Rev 14:3--- 144,000 bought from the earth to a heavenly hope--there isn't a single passage that teaches the great multitude go to heaven. If one believes Jesus over dogmas of men like all true followers do they know this fact--Matt 5:5-- Blessed are the meek for they will inherit the earth.--Jesus was talking about the great multitude here---Even the psalmist knew that truth--Psalm 37:9,11,29
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2016, 05:15 PM

13,394 posts, read 4,289,249 times
Because of the pre-conceived ideas of everyone who has ever studied Daniel 9 is convinced mostly that 7 years is appointed for some kind of tribulation and you have all sorts of ideas about pre tribulation this and that.

But Revelation is written to a person who is picking up where Jesus left off after his 3 and a half year ministry as Jesus walked in the spring in Passover and it concluded on the conclusion day of the spring where the first promise was realized in the rain for the spring.

This is why we keep seeing the 3 and a half years over and over from looking at the walk of Elijah in 3 and a half years, and Jesus and his 3 and a half years and how Elijah was then taken and a new man to complete those 7 years, in order to build a place to teach, to heal the waters.

When Jesus spoke of the Temple and how the abomination of desolation would be seen and he says,'' Let the reader understand.''

I think people should know that they are the temple, and Jesus wants you to Go right back to Daniel and see the 7 years cut in half.

Daniel 9
Then after the sixty-two weeks the Messiah will be cut off and have nothing, and the people of the prince who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. And its end will come with a flood; even to the end there will be war; desolations are determined. 27"And he will make a firm covenant with the many for one week, but in the middle of the week he will put a stop to sacrifice and grain offering; and on the wing of abominations will come one who makes desolate, even until a complete destruction, one that is decreed, is poured out on the one who makes desolate."

Revelation begins speaking of 7 seals of resurrection because they are 7 seals that wrap a dead body, and it's my opinion that you are slowly having those wraps taken from you .

Old 03-11-2016, 09:07 PM

9,169 posts, read 2,802,789 times
And the High Priest has 8 garments placed on him. Peace

Old 03-14-2016, 01:24 PM

AWAKE, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow.

Zechariah 3

An End to Idolatry
1In that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem for sin and for uncleanness.
2And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the LORD of hosts, that I will cut off the names of the idols out of the land, and they shall no more be remembered: and also I will cause the prophets and the unclean spirit to pass out of the land. 3And it shall come to pass, that when any shall yet prophesy, then his father and his mother that begat him shall say unto him, Thou shalt not live; for thou speakest lies in the name of the LORD: and his father and his mother that begat him shall thrust him through when he prophesieth. 4And it shall come to pass in that day, that the prophets shall be ashamed every one of his vision, when he hath prophesied; neither shall they wear a rough garment to deceive: 5But he shall say, I am no prophet, I am an husbandman; for man taught me to keep cattle from my youth. 6And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.

The Shepherd Struck, Sheep Scattered

7Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones.
8And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the LORD, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.
9And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God.

These scriptures are taking us to Cain, and to Esau and Jacob.

All the bible commentaries say that if somebody is wearing a rough garment to deceive, then it is speaking of Elijah.

It does speak of Elijah but what Elijah was doing only looks back to Jacob and Cain.

The idea is that one brother is inside the other, and when Jacob put on the skins of an animal to deceive, he was claiming the inheritance. Elijah was walking around wearing skins to say this very thing, but Elijah has to die.

Verse 5 is taking us to Cain, and Cain killed the inner man,'' Able.''

Jacob was wearing a garment to deceive but Jacob had to symbolically die in order to become a new man for that, and then given a new name..

''What are those wounds in your hands?''

Most of the commentaries say that this is showing Paganism and how the pagan prophets beat themselves when they were pleading and begging their God for something, but I would say that it is a person who was acting as if he really were the inner man, and the marks in his hands was him saying that Jesus was in him.

It's a very interesting scripture, anyone have any thought on it?

I just recently started thinking of this scripture and although I am real close to understanding it, my thoughts of it don't flow easily enough, but I will get it.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 03-14-2016 at 01:34 PM..

Old 03-14-2016, 01:32 PM

Yeah, I do. Jacob did wear a garment to deceive, but that was just him taking on the image of sinful flesh. Because Jacob actually did what was RIGHTEOUS, he went against the demand and broke protocol of listening to his father, who forgot the promise of G-d because he favored the flesh. Jacob, listened instead to his mother, who DIDN'T forget the promise. Everything is not always as it seems on the surface, Amen? Peace

Old 03-14-2016, 01:35 PM

double post

Old 03-14-2016, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Yeah, I do. Jacob did wear a garment to deceive, but that was just him taking on the image of sinful flesh. Because Jacob actually did what was RIGHTEOUS, he went against the demand and broke protocol of listening to his father, who forgot the promise of G-d because he favored the flesh. Jacob, listened instead to his mother, who DIDN'T forget the promise. Everything is not always as it seems on the surface, Amen? Peace
He was claiming the inheritance through deceit, It keeps rolling around in my head, my head. The only way Jacob makes peace is when he comes and offers all he has and everything he was to his brother Esau, as if money no longer mattered and then he was given a new name because he fought against his own desires.

Old 03-14-2016, 01:39 PM

Twin brothers who were twin kingdoms, two nations that struggle, twins. The first one rough, the next one smooth.

Old 03-14-2016, 01:42 PM

Esau Sells his Birthright
29When Jacob had cooked stew, Esau came in from the field and he was famished; 30and Esau said to Jacob, "Please let me have a swallow of that red stuff there, for I am famished." Therefore his name was called Edom. 31But Jacob said, "First sell me your birthright."

Red stuff.

Old 03-14-2016, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Esau Sells his Birthright
29When Jacob had cooked stew, Esau came in from the field and he was famished; 30and Esau said to Jacob, "Please let me have a swallow of that red stuff there, for I am famished." Therefore his name was called Edom. 31But Jacob said, "First sell me your birthright."…

Red stuff.

Zechariah 13:4

In that day every prophet will be ashamed of his vision....................and he will declare,'' I am no prophet; I am a tiller of the soil, YOU SEE, I WAS PLIED WITH THE RED STUFF FROM MY YOUTH.''

Takes you to Cain and Jacob.

And Adam?

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 03-14-2016 at 01:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity