U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2016, 09:04 PM

17,789 posts, read 8,896,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
The love only crowd loves as man not as god. There in is the problem. They may have human wisdom but not the teaching of the wise which is a fountain of life.

"The teaching of the wise is a fountain of life."

"The mouth of the just is a fountain of life."

What is life according to Jesus? "The words I spoke to you(the word of God) are spirit and life."
I prefer this quote:

"I do not believe that Jesus wants to have his disciples ‘repeat after Me.’ I believe He wants them to follow after Him!"

He has freely given us wisdom, but many refuse to exercise it.

Old 03-13-2016, 09:08 PM

17,789 posts, read 8,896,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HushWhisper View Post
God said what goes in our hearts comes out our mouths.
We can read all we are easily.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
True, but you can't judge a book by its cover.
Something tells me that the comprehension level is extremely low.
Especially, when people see themselves and others as filthy-rags.

Old 03-13-2016, 11:40 PM

4,221 posts, read 1,966,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I prefer this quote:

"I do not believe that Jesus wants to have his disciples ‘repeat after Me.’ I believe He wants them to follow after Him!"

He has freely given us wisdom, but many refuse to exercise it.
Follow me is repeat after me because as He said He gave His words to those followers who accept them and those who come to Him use His words as well as those who continue in His word will know the truth. His family hears the word of God and does it so as to do the will of God and walk in the light to become a child of light.

"Seek justice seek humility perhaps you'll be sheltered on the day of the Lord's anger." says the Lord

Old 03-14-2016, 12:11 AM

37,573 posts, read 25,268,086 times
Quote:
Follow me is repeat after me because as He said He gave His words to those followers who accept them and those who come to Him use His words as well as those who continue in His word will know the truth. His family hears the word of God and does it so as to do the will of God and walk in the light to become a child of light.
"Seek justice seek humility perhaps you'll be sheltered on the day of the Lord's anger." says the Lord
So says the parrot who thinks everything is about parroting words. You need help.

Old 03-14-2016, 11:09 AM

9,169 posts, read 2,788,318 times
Quote:
The love only crowd loves as man not as god. There in is the problem. They may have human wisdom but not the teaching of the wise which is a fountain of life.

"The teaching of the wise is a fountain of life."

"The mouth of the just is a fountain of life."

What is life according to Jesus? "The words I spoke to you(the word of God) are spirit and life."

He spoke everything into existence, with the letters of the language that are as a pregnant woman (wisdom, a womb of possibilities). Is it any wonder then that the wise seek His counsel and gain LIFE from His words? Blessings and peace to you....

Old 03-14-2016, 07:17 PM

4,221 posts, read 1,966,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
So says the parrot who thinks everything is about parroting words. You need help.
I am the light of the world. No one who follows me shall ever walk in darkness because he will possess the light of life.

Those who possess the light of life are blameless and the righteous seek the glory of God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or