U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2016, 09:47 AM

2,651 posts, read 1,382,549 times

Advertisements

There were 2 radically different men named Jesus (hence 2 different genealogies) and their radically different teachings are mixed together in the gospels.

Likewise 2 men named Moses (the 2nd was Manasseh)

At-a-glance/The Bible/101& - Religion-wiki - Wikia

But this spake he of that spirit which they that believe on him were about to receive for the Holy Spirit was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.

He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us.

says "In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven." (NIV)

though, says "But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secert. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you."
"The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ."
" . . . on earth peace, good will toward men." vs.

"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household."
"Then said he unto them, . . . he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."

For God said, "Honor your father and mother," and "Anyone who curses his father or mother must be put to death."
But you say that if a man says to his father or mother, "Whatever help you might otherwise have received form me is a gift devoted to God," he is not to "honor his father" with it. Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition."

He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.”
“If any man come to me, and HATE not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2016, 10:20 AM

1,778 posts, read 813,437 times
WOW...

Old 03-13-2016, 10:35 AM

9,169 posts, read 2,778,598 times
There is no contradiction if you understand that there is a macrocosm view and a microcosm view, and you have to apply it to what was said. Was He talking about the world we know at large, or the world that we ARE?

For instance, Matt. 13 talks about the world, but when you actually see what is being said, it's talking about the world that we are, yet nearly everyone takes it as the world "out there".

Interestingly, the Hebrew word for "end of the world" runs into a meaning of, ANKLE, like your ankle of your foot, which is, symbolically in this sense, the end of YOUR WORLD.

His glorification had nothing to do with "2 Jesus". Peace

Last edited by Rbbi1; 03-13-2016 at 11:35 AM..

Old 03-13-2016, 05:02 PM

1,531 posts, read 970,720 times
..mmm...i think there is a third Jesus, he lived two doors down from me when i lived in Miami

Old 03-13-2016, 09:32 PM

849 posts, read 571,066 times
[quote=granpa;43340965]There were 2 radically different men named Jesus (hence 2 different genealogies) and their radically different teachings are mixed together in the gospels.

Matthew describes the legal right of Jesus to David's throne (through Solomon the son of David) as the legal son of Joseph. Luke describes the natural right of Jesus to David's throne (through Nathan the son of David) as the son of Mary.

Old 03-13-2016, 09:39 PM

19,952 posts, read 12,970,063 times
I have no idea where you get your info from. Because it sure isn't the Bible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or