U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2016, 12:38 PM

9,169 posts, read 2,780,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Yes, I think he did repent, maybe not in so many words, but he admitted he was guilty & deserving of death. A person must realize they have "missed the mark" before understanding their need for a savior.

And that's all death bed confessions get you, and that's fine, but if you want rewards and not just "common" salvation, much more is required of you. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2016, 12:44 PM

23,317 posts, read 12,067,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
And that's all death bed confessions get you, and that's fine, but if you want rewards and not just "common" salvation, much more is required of you. Peace
Oh, a believer in a tiered heaven!

Is "common" salvation like getting a sleeping bag and tent just inside the gates and "rewarded" salvation a deluxe apartment somewhere on the heavenly grounds?

Old 03-14-2016, 01:05 PM

You clearly don't know the scriptures, have not sought Him for anything, not salvation or wisdom, or ANYTHING, and yet you're an expert on all of it. Isn't that a bit like a plumber trying to be a surgeon? Don't you have an "operation" to perform somewhere? Peace

Old 03-14-2016, 01:22 PM

23,317 posts, read 12,067,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
You clearly don't know the scriptures, have not sought Him for anything, not salvation or wisdom, or ANYTHING, and yet you're an expert on all of it. Isn't that a bit like a plumber trying to be a surgeon? Don't you have an "operation" to perform somewhere? Peace
You're cute when you're pompous and dismissive.

Old 03-14-2016, 02:47 PM

37,508 posts, read 25,238,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Funny...all the criminal at Jesus' right side had to say was, "Lord, remember me when you
come into your kingdom..." Mark 15, Luke 23, Matt 27

Did he repent? He just said they deserved what they got, but that Jesus was innocent.
I don't interpret that as repenting...I see that as simply asking what the question says...
Lord, remember me...and that was enough.

He didn't say, Lord forgive me, nor, I am so sorry for all my past acts, please
remember me in your kingdom, did he?
There are too many laws people think you have to do ...sorry...there really is only
a sincere heart necessary.
Accept that we are heirs...even tho we are stupidly missing the mark so often still.

Is our Father looking at all the laws we follow or is He looking into our hearts?
Is there a difference? I say yes; a weak man can still succumb
to missing the mark, and still love our Father.
Well said, Miss H!!!

Old 03-14-2016, 03:04 PM

741 posts, read 271,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Oh, a believer in a tiered heaven!

Is "common" salvation like getting a sleeping bag and tent just inside the gates and "rewarded" salvation a deluxe apartment somewhere on the heavenly grounds?
I hate to laugh but the pic in my mind is pretty funny.

However, Jesus said those that think of themselves as least are actually the greatest. So the thought that one thinks they deserve something better than everyone else because the are 'greater' than another, is exactly what Jesus warned his disciples about.

“If anyone wants to be first, he must be last of all and minister of all.” Then he took a young child and stood him in their midst; and putting his arms around him, he said to them:“Whoever receives one of such young children on the basis of my name receives me also; and whoever receives me receives not me only but also Him who sent me.” - Mark 9:35-37

I have never read anywhere in the Bible that Heaven has some places that are better than others. There has been symbols concerning Heaven. But these are only to give us physical beings some way to comprehend a spiritual realm. There are different positions mentioned in the Bible though and some are given more power than others. But as far as better 'place' to live, I don't see that in the Bible.

Old 03-14-2016, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Timothy316 View Post
I have never read anywhere in the Bible that Heaven has some places that are better than others. There has been symbols concerning Heaven. But these are only to give us physical beings some way to comprehend a spiritual realm. There are different positions mentioned in the Bible though and some are given more power than others. But as far as better 'place' to live, I don't see that in the Bible.

Neither do I, but I just didn't have the heart to tell him. Plus, then I'd have to go into the whole heaven thing, and then the whole no rapture as it's being taught thing, and all I could see was it snowballing from there. Frankly, I just didn't think there was enough coffee in the pot this morning. You understand. Peace

Old 03-14-2016, 04:46 PM

15,549 posts, read 7,002,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...20&version=NIV

This passage says that not even the "least of the commandments" should be disregarded. And that no one can enter the kingdom of heaven unless he follows every commandment. Even the least of them.

What does this mean?
Obviously, it means that we should all be doing the sacrifices required.

Old 03-14-2016, 04:58 PM

8,557 posts, read 11,879,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
God's law is perfect & holy. No one can enjoy Christ's justifying righteousness, till he repents of his evil deeds. Christian's should delight in God's law & desire to walk uprightly. If a man desires to disobey the holy law of God, or teaches others to do the same, he is not a true disciple. Christ's righteousness, imputed to us by faith alone, is needed by every one that desires to enter the kingdom of God. A new life in Christ produces a thorough change in a man's temper and conduct.
Does this mean that you delight in laws about cutting hair, tattoos, wearing mixed fabric, and other "lesser" things?

Old 03-14-2016, 05:33 PM

15,150 posts, read 8,232,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Does this mean that you delight in laws about cutting hair, tattoos, wearing mixed fabric, and other "lesser" things?
I'm not Jewish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity