Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 03:09 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,028,576 times

Advertisements

I have had some bad news. It has been building to a head, and is happening in front of my eyes. I know God is in it - there's a pruning going on. This scripture came to remembrance:

"If you have raced with men on foot and they have worn you out, how can you compete with horses? If you stumble in safe country, how will you manage in the thickets by the Jordan?"

I don't feel like I'm at footman level, in my Spirit, but there's always more with God.

The battle is the Lord's. He will win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2016, 03:53 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Not necessarily bad news when the pruning is of all our false concepts of God we have, along with our biases and prejudices we have grown up with.

Last edited by pcamps; 03-24-2016 at 04:26 AM..

Old 03-24-2016, 04:28 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
It beats me how people who are supposed to be familiar with the Bible can be so sure that their age old concepts are correct when the good news is to set the captives free.

Old 03-24-2016, 05:06 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Not necessarily bad news when the pruning is of all our false concepts of God we have, along with our biases and prejudices we have grown up with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
It beats me how people who are supposed to be familiar with the Bible can be so sure that their age old concepts are correct when the good news is to set the captives free.
Then they presume to speak for God???

Old 03-24-2016, 07:32 AM

It is the paradox of how Jesus was a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief, but was anointed with the oil of joy above his fellows. That is how Abba's pruning work manifests, as a conundrum to the carnal mind / flesh.

Old 03-24-2016, 09:31 AM

23,148 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Men run by their own might, and none can keep up with the horses. The horses are people with a rider and God is the rider. The horse knows the will of the rider and instead of running like a man, he becomes a horse who puts all his trust in the rider.

Old 03-24-2016, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Men run by their own might, and none can keep up with the horses. The horses are people with a rider and God is the rider. The horse knows the will of the rider and instead of running like a man, he becomes a horse who puts all his trust in the rider.
Thank you Han, that's a helpful prophetic interpretation. I thought a horse represented man's strength, like how people are trees. So, how is it that people are horses in this scripture?

Old 03-24-2016, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
Thank you Han, that's a helpful prophetic interpretation. I thought a horse represented man's strength, like how people are trees. So, how is it that people are horses in this scripture?
Depends on how it is used in what era.

Jesus came riding on a donkey being ushered into Jerusalem as a king riding upon a donkey but a king comes riding on a horse, and he who rides a donkey is a poor freeman.

Jesus will not come riding a donkey next time, but he will come riding horses, white horses.

Jesus first comes in humbleness and riding upon an humble donkey, but when he comes riding horses, those donkeys have become horses, the humble who walk with Christ right now will come as horses with Jesus as their rider when he comes.

Right now there are many horses who are proud and lifted up because they feel the spirit of antichrist and they are those who would be king right now, and this isn't the time to be kings, but servants.

The great prideful horses have heads like unto lions with blasphemy coming out of their mouth and the face of men. Their tails are serpents like false prophets who come in judgment calling fire and brimstone down on the heads of people as if they alone are righteous, and they would be king.

Old 03-24-2016, 11:45 AM

I suppose God has his army and a person trying to run with footmen isn't even a footman yet, but like all armies, there are footmen and then horses with riders.

Like one level to the next.

Old 03-24-2016, 12:16 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
It beats me how people that claim to know the Bible are so unwilling to understand how people are captive to sin in the first place.

Yes--Jesus sets the captives free.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity