U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 04:52 PM

13,394 posts, read 4,289,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I can only say that, if the prophecies on the mount of Olives was just a parable, then it was damn' shabby trick to pull on the disciples, who took it as read (they certainly don't seem to have passed on any understanding of the hidden meaning afterwards). And it's rather interesting that Mara Bar Serapeion (often paraded as evidence of an historical Jesus) recites what appears to be the Christian view of the destruction of the temple - they had it coming because they executed their king. That the Jews did it (it was actually the Romans) betrays this as the Christian view - exactly that appearing in the synoptics. Though of course the Things never came to pass. And since the only thing that came to pass was that generation of bods, they never will.

Damnn... I can smell burning....... The babies!!!

If you break down what is said and done during the feast days, it makes a whole lot more sense. The day that no man knows, only the father is a day that everyone knew, it is Yom Hakeseh, and Jesus keeps referring to a person who has progressed to that hidden day and it is a day between the seasons where one is proven.

That abomination of desolation Jesus talks about in Matthew 24 is something we find within our own temple and so Jesus says,'' Let the reader understand.''

Jesus points straight back to Daniel about an abomination of desolation that will be stood up in the Temple but the beginning of Matthew 24 has to be read in the knowledge that WE ARE THE TEMPLE, and so let the reader understand that he will come to a day when he may realize and see the abomination of desolation in his own Temple on Rosh Hashanah.

The lawless one was talked about as a concept that the lawless one is in everyone, and this is what Jesus keeps getting at, that he is within everyone and he needs to be replaced, people need to die to his spirit when and if they ever come up to Rosh Hashanah and no man knows the day that an individual will experience this.

Just saying, knowing the Torah cycle with their appointed prayers spoken on exact days and knowing the 7 feasts of Jesus put a whole different light on Matthew 24 and what is being relayed.

Movies have been made about being left behind and those movies didn't know what they were talking about because they didn't have the feasts as their foundation.

It will be two men in a bed, one taken and the other left behind but this is one single individual being cut in half.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2016, 12:02 AM

37,615 posts, read 25,318,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
They were written for an audience that lacked any real knowledge of reality, was terrified of Spirits, and was hugely superstitious and barbaric in their beliefs about God. They needed "carnal milk." The entire context of the teachings of Christ was surreptitious and cloaked in metaphor and parables for "those who have ears to hear." IF they were intended to serve for a future more sophisticated and knowledgeable audience, they needed to leave sufficient clues and inconsistencies so that eventually the "solid food" would become obvious. Regrettably, the perverse and agenda-driven religious leaders that followed did the exact opposite. They made it a test of faith in God to believe every word as written. Thus, we have had 2000+ years of absurd and ridiculous beliefs that completely corrupt the original Gospel message of Christ. The majority Christian churches are anti-Christ apostate as prophesied for these latter days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The clues are there, Warden. The "carnal milk" versus "solid food" references. The not being ready for the complete truth. The fact that not everything Christ taught is in the writings. The "those who have ears to hear" qualifications. They DID know far more than they could reasonably convey to such limited minds. It is not an unreasonable hypothesis to think the inconsistencies and contradictions might be deliberate clues that would only be needed when the audience developed the knowledge and understanding to see them and question them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
If the scriptures are so unreliable as you claim, how do you know that these teachings of the Bible character Christ are legitimate?
Read more carefully, John. The scriptures are not unreliable, they are intended for a future audience but targeted to a very primitive, barbaric, superstitious and ignorant one. That makes the task very difficult. That is why we must study to show ourselves approved. It is intended that we become more and more educated over time and become able to detect the deliberate inconsistencies and contradictions. We are supposed to seek out a consistent narrative consistent with the unambiguous teachings and most of all the unambiguous revelation of Christ about the TRUE NATURE of God as the Spirit of agape love. His death and unconditional love under such horrendous conditions is the only truth about God's nature we need.This enables us to test the Spirit of everything in the Bible to know what is from God and Jesus and what is not.

Old 07-01-2016, 02:35 AM

34,856 posts, read 9,002,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
If you break down what is said and done during the feast days, it makes a whole lot more sense. The day that no man knows, only the father is a day that everyone knew, it is Yom Hakeseh, and Jesus keeps referring to a person who has progressed to that hidden day and it is a day between the seasons where one is proven.

That abomination of desolation Jesus talks about in Matthew 24 is something we find within our own temple and so Jesus says,'' Let the reader understand.''

Jesus points straight back to Daniel about an abomination of desolation that will be stood up in the Temple but the beginning of Matthew 24 has to be read in the knowledge that WE ARE THE TEMPLE, and so let the reader understand that he will come to a day when he may realize and see the abomination of desolation in his own Temple on Rosh Hashanah.

The lawless one was talked about as a concept that the lawless one is in everyone, and this is what Jesus keeps getting at, that he is within everyone and he needs to be replaced, people need to die to his spirit when and if they ever come up to Rosh Hashanah and no man knows the day that an individual will experience this.

Just saying, knowing the Torah cycle with their appointed prayers spoken on exact days and knowing the 7 feasts of Jesus put a whole different light on Matthew 24 and what is being relayed.

Movies have been made about being left behind and those movies didn't know what they were talking about because they didn't have the feasts as their foundation.

It will be two men in a bed, one taken and the other left behind but this is one single individual being cut in half.
I'm not too bothered to engage in free interpretation of scripture that makes more sense in terms of the events of the time. I rather like, by the way, the suggestion I read that the Daniel -like abomination of desolation (the placing of a Pagan statue in the temple by Antiochus) might relate to a threat by Caligula to put his own statue in the temple (AD 41).

Old 07-01-2016, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I'm not too bothered to engage in free interpretation of scripture that makes more sense in terms of the events of the time. I rather like, by the way, the suggestion I read that the Daniel -like abomination of desolation (the placing of a Pagan statue in the temple by Antiochus) might relate to a threat by Caligula to put his own statue in the temple (AD 41).
That's an absolutely good point, but I will still believe it is within a person when that person sees it himself.

This goes right into Revelation where that Abomination is given power to speak.

Revelation 13
Because of the signs it was given to perform on behalf the first beast, it deceived those who dwell on the earth, telling them to make an image to the beast that had been wounded by the sword and yet had lived. 15The second beast was permitted to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that the image would also speak and cause all who refused to worship it to be killed.

The beast that had a head wound is Satan. A false prophet begins speaking in people.

That's the way I see it.

Old 07-01-2016, 01:16 PM

I shall have to leave that sort of interpretation to believers. My concern in this thread is purely the discrepancies and an analytical practical (Mystic calls it concrete ) view of it.

Old 07-01-2016, 02:37 PM

1,463 posts, read 399,251 times
The Bible will stand for all eternity and has been preserved and protected til the present day by God. All 66 books inspired by God and all make perfect sense when WE finally learn to rightly divide the word and apply it correctly. If YOU don't understand or think there's a conflict assume you don't have it right yet and continue your search......God doesn't make mistakes.

Old 07-01-2016, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
The Bible will stand for all eternity and has been preserved and protected til the present day by God. All 66 books inspired by God and all make perfect sense when WE finally learn to rightly divide the word and apply it correctly. If YOU don't understand or think there's a conflict assume you don't have it right yet and continue your search......God doesn't make mistakes.
66 huh?

What about the others, lol?

Meh, just rambling, I suppose everyone knows that, I mean, that I am rambling.

Old 07-01-2016, 09:03 PM

Quote:
66 huh?

If it ain't in the KJV, it ain't Scripture.

Old 07-02-2016, 01:52 AM

8,644 posts, read 5,139,057 times
Quote:
66 huh?

Actually the "66" are better understood if the apocrypha, both old and that found in the last 75 years or so, is also read to give an appreciation for the wide variety of beliefs that floated around in the first three centuries after Jesus.

And no, I'm not speaking of OT apocrypha found in the Catholic Bible, nor of Mormon literature. I'm speaking of such as the Gospel of Thomas or the Gospel of Judas, both which have been dated to those early centuries. Proof that early christians had already begun wondering when the "kingdom of God" would reappear can be spotted in these interesting words of Jesus from the Gospel of Thomas (I really wanted to put GoT but that has already been claimed in modern times ):
Quote:
"If those who lead you say to you, 'look, the Kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds will get there first. If they say 'it's in the ocean,' then the fish will get there first. But the Kingdom of God is within you and outside of you. Once you come to know yourselves, you will become known. And you will know that it is you who are the children of the living father."
The Story Of The Storytellers - The Gospel Of Thomas | From Jesus To Christ | FRONTLINE | PBS

So all those "other" books help to establish the multitude of beliefs floating around about Jesus, such an impact His life had made.

Bart Ehrman's Lost Christianities details some of the almost orthodox documents along with some that sound strange and others stranger still.

Old 07-02-2016, 05:52 AM

There was a neat video on the broad consensus of what books went in the Bible with, as I recall, Revelation just making it in at the last minute. There seemed to be some points left out, such as the idea to put a Bible together at all being a Latin reaction to Marcion's Bible, which omitted all Jewish stuff, or that the "Treasure of Hermas" (I think that's the name) was In for some time before it was decided to put it Out. But the four Gospels were always in there, together with Paul's letters.

The conflated gospel was quite popular too (Wasn't that Tatian?}and we could have had that instead of the four. Peter never made it in, not because it was a bit absurd or contradictory - Matthew is just as daft and the synoptics and John contradict even more - but because it too much showed Jesus as human than divine. Arian heresy excluded it, not silliness. Which is the reason the gospels of Thomas, Judas and Mary never made it in. Constantine had declared What was acceptable and what was not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity