U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 09:42 AM

9,169 posts, read 2,773,481 times

Advertisements

Hell is simply separation from G-d. There are literally billions of people right now in "hell" that are walking around in shoe leather. Fortunately for them, should they physically die still separated, after their refining is over, the Shepherd and savior of ALL MEN, leaves the 99 to go back for the 1. This race Paul refers to, like all races, is not about punishment or not, but all about rewards or not.

Good rule of thumb in this day and age we are in: if the masses believe in something, best to dig deeper and not just ASSUME it's truth, as anything they believe, is generally a lie, because few there be that find it. Peace

Old 04-08-2016, 07:23 AM

425 posts, read 180,157 times
-
I have never seen the afterlife for myself. So then; I cannot speak about it as somebody who knows what they're talking about.

But God has seen the afterlife for Himself; so when God speaks about it, He knows what He's talking about.

It's really important to be aware that Christ was micro-managed; viz: Christ didn't speak for himself; he spoke for God.

†. John 8:26 . .He that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of Him.

†. John 8:28 . . I do nothing on my own initiative, but I speak these things as the Father taught me.

†. John 12:49 . . I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, He gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

†. John 14:24 . .The word which you hear is not mine, but the Father's who sent me.

So then, when people disbelieve what Christ says about the afterlife, they are actually disbelieving God; and by doing so they insinuate that God doesn't know what He's talking about and/or He's a dishonest person of marginal integrity who can't be trusted to tell the truth.

Most Christians know all that without having to be reminded. So instead of outright disbelieving what Christ says about the afterlife-- insinuating that neither Christ nor his Father know what they're talking about --a number of Christians spin what he says; viz: they tone it down in order to make it compatible with human sensibilities.

But human sensibilities are unreliable; especially seeing as how the source of human sensibilities was the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. The problem with a sense of good and evil obtained from the tree is that it's a natural sense rather than an instructed sense.

For example: right off the bat the first couple concealed their pelvic areas. They did that not because God expressed disapproval of full frontal nudity, but because their intuitive sense of good and evil told them that full frontal nudity was wrong; even partial nudity. In other words: their sense of propriety wasn't an instructed sense; it was a natural sense.

Well; as a general rule, God is not offended by nudity; not even the full frontal variety; and He has yet to issue a "thou shalt not" commandment forbidding it.

In point of fact, God created Adam totally bare naked and left him that way; viz: if God were truly offended by bare nakedness, he would have clothed Adam right from the outset.

So when people tone down Christ's afterlife teachings in order to make them compatible with human sensibilities; they exhibit their intimate connection to the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. You see, though a number of Christians find the thought of people suffering in a fiery hell unacceptable, God doesn't; no, not in the slightest. In point of fact; He's all for it. I know that's true because of what Christ said about hell.

†. John 3:34 . . For he is sent by God. He speaks God's words, for God's Spirit is upon him without measure or limit

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Old 04-08-2016, 05:27 PM

9,169 posts, read 2,773,481 times
Well, I have seen it. Peace

Old 04-09-2016, 03:45 AM

696 posts, read 370,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyawehNyoh View Post
-
According to Jesus Christ's testimony as a credible expert witness in all matters pertaining to the afterlife; most of the world's responsible souls haven't been making it to safety when they cross over to the other side.

†. Luke 13:22-24 . . And he went through the cities and villages, teaching, and journeying toward Jerusalem. Then said one unto him, master, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them: Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

†. Matt 7:13-14 . . Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

†. Matt 22:14 . . For many are called, but few are chosen.

Webster's defines "many" as consisting of, or amounting to, a large but indefinite number; while "few" is defined as consisting of, or amounting to, only a small number; viz: relative to many then, few is the lesser. Bear with me while I flesh this out.

According to the US Census Bureau: as of Mar 15, 2016 @ 11:28 am New York Time, the resident population in the United States was approximately 323,171,316 with a death rate of approximately one every 11 seconds; which translates to an average of 7,855 American deaths of all ages, races, and genders during just one 24-hour calendar day.

According to 2009 US Census data; roughly 27.3% of America's daily deaths are under the age of 19, which would indicate that approximately 5,710 of the current daily death rate of 7,855 per 24 hours are adults.

Giving the "many" the benefit of the doubt by limiting their maximum percentage to 51%, would indicate a minimum of 2,912 American adults transferring to perdition every day: which translates to roughly 121 per hour.

That's a very conservative estimate as Christ didn't really specify exact percentages to represent the quantities of "few" and "many". But just think: by the time CBS completes its half hour evening news report, a bare-bones minimum of 60 Americans become new arrivals in the fiery sector of the netherworld.

Using the ratio of 2,912 condemned souls per 323,171,316 population: computing the number of condemned souls worldwide from a currently estimated global population of 7,311,309,942 people, would suggest something like 65,880 new arrivals in the fiery sector of the netherworld every 24 hours; which translates to approximately 2,745 souls every sixty minutes on the clock.

That rate would fill the 51,800 seats of the new Yankee Stadium to capacity in roughly 18 hours and 52 minutes. In other words: if the world's daily number of condemned souls started filing into the stadium at 06:00 am this morning, then by 12:52 pm tonight, the stadium would be full to capacity.

Christmas and New Year are even worse. A study done of 26 years of death certificates shows that coronary fatalities are, on average, 11.9% higher on those days than any other days of the year; with non-heart deaths spiking to 12.2% higher.

Traditional Christianity's hell never closes; no, not at all: it's open for business 24/7/365 nonstop and indifferent to global warming, Wall Street crashes, massive layoffs, outsourcing, high school shootings, terrorism, tsunamis, earthquakes, nuclear meltdowns, air, water, and soil pollution, freeway pile-ups, brown-outs, threatened species, gasoline prices, student debt, GMO, trade deficits, protests, Federal debt, factory recalls, overpopulation, desertification, genocides, revolutions, civil wars, acid rain, road rage, oil spills, conscious decoupling, ISIS, LGBT marriage, Obamacare, blood diamonds, fracking, twerking, and/or Donald Trump's lead in the polls.

If traditional Christianity's perception of Jesus Christ and the hereafter is correct; then it's apparent that souls never stop cascading into the abyss in an endless procession like the unbelievable millions of poultry broilers passing annually through Tyson chicken-processing plants on their way to Wendy's, McDonalds, Carl's Junior, Jack in the Box, Burger King, In'n'Out Burger, KFC, A&W, Arby's, Dairy Queen, Taco Bell, et al; and to supermarkets and restaurants all over the USA and wherever else Tyson vends its meats. The slaughtering and the butchering never stop.

===================================

Dear nn,
You will have to blame Dante, not the bible for the common conception of hell. The dead go to the grave.

Old 04-09-2016, 09:47 AM

-
The wrath of God is interesting. For example:

†. Isa 13:9 . . Behold, the day of Christ comes-- cruel; with both wrath and fierce anger

The Hebrew word for "wrath" in that statement is 'ebrah (eb-raw') which indicates an outburst of passion. In other words: the wrath of God won't be weeping big wet crocodile tears while it's slamming the dead at the Great White Throne event depicted at Rev 20:11-15; no, they will be terminated with extreme prejudice; viz: their judgment will be administered with choler. (cf. Isa 63:1-6, Rev 19:15)

Webster's defines "fierce" as a behavior exhibited by humans and animals that inspires terror because of the wild and menacing aspect of fury in attack. Ferocity is an aspect commonly seen among roaring, snarling lions savagely attacking prey. There's neither sportsmanship nor sympathy in ferocity; only sheer terror, brutality, and blood lust.

"cruel" is defined as: disposed to inflict pain or suffering; viz: devoid of humane feelings

†. Heb 10:27 . . A certain fearful expectation of . . . fiery indignation

"fiery indignation" is quite a bit more severe than ordinary indignation. It speaks of someone who is seriously ticked off; and so angry that they're actually red in the face.

There are people out there in pews all around the world who have been so coddled by sappy versions of Christianity that they have no concept of the magnitude of the lethal tsunami of rage and violence coming their way to get them.

Another interesting aspect of the wrath of God is the person appointed to administer it-- none other than the sweet little baby away in a manger.

†. John 5:22-23 . .The Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son, that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father.

†. Acts 17:31 . . For God has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising him from the dead.

†. Rev 19:15 . . He shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

You know all those horrors depicted in the book of Revelation? Jesus Christ has been designated to supervise every one of them.

†. Rev 1:1 . .The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants.

Old 04-11-2016, 09:33 AM

-
Creeping up the blind side, shinning up the wall,
stealing through the dark of the night.
Climbing through a window, stepping to the floor
checking to the left and the right.
Picking up the pieces, putting them away;
something doesn't feel quite right.

Help me someone, let me out of here.
Then out of the dark was suddenly heard:
Welcome to the Home by the Sea

Coming out the woodwork, through the open door,
pushing from above and below.
Shadows with no substance, in the shape of men;
round and down and sideways they go.
Adrift without direction, eyes that hold despair
then as one they sigh and they moan:

Help us someone, let us out of here.
Living here so long undisturbed,
dreaming of the time we were free
so many years ago
before the time when we first heard:
Welcome to the Home by the Sea

Sit down . . Sit down
As we relive our lives in what we tell you

Images of sorrow, pictures of delight
things that go to make up a life.
Endless days of summer, longer nights of gloom
waiting for the morning light.
Scenes of unimportance, photos in a frame
things that go to make up a life.

Sit down . . Sit down
Cause you won't get away,
no with us you will stay
for the rest of your days.
So sit down as we relive our lives in what we tell you.
Let us relive our lives in what we tell you.

Home By The Sea
Genesis, 1983
Phil Collins, Tony Banks, Mike Rutherford

The lyrics of that song are so sad because it depicts how the only thing people have to do down in the netherworld to help pass the time is tell each other about their previous lives. There is, of course, nothing to tell about their lives in hades since the colloquialism "get a life" is a non sequitur in that place. Nobody has a life down there; nor any hope of getting one.

†. Ecc 9:10 . . Whatever your hand finds to do, verily, do it with all your might; for there is no activity or planning or knowledge or wisdom in sheol where you are going.

Grand Central Update: 27 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are a close enough approximation, then something like 1,778,760 new arrivals have passed through the gates of hell since March 15, 2016

Old 04-11-2016, 10:56 AM

12,900 posts, read 4,920,152 times
It's right next to Hell's Kitchen.

Old 04-12-2016, 06:29 AM

-
Below is a very disturbing passage.

†. 2Ths 2:11-12 . . God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

In other words; there's coming a time when God's patience will reach its reasonable limits, and He will purposely, willfully, and deliberately make sure that a certain category of people have no chance whatsoever to be spared the wrath of God.

Back when Noah was preparing the ark, no doubt his neighbors all mocked and poked fun at him like one of those deranged souls that go around with a sandwich board that reads: Repent; The End Is Near! But when the rain started, I bet those very same neighbors panicked and tried to get Noah to open up and let them in. But even had Noah wanted to; he couldn't. The hatch of the ark was sealed from the outside: and God was the only one on earth who could open it-- He chose not to.

†. Rev 1:18 . . I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death.

†. Rev 3:7 . .These are the words of him who is holy and true: who holds the key of David. What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open.

Old 04-15-2016, 02:33 PM

-
The koinι Greek word for "hell" in Rev 20:13-14 is haides (hah'-dace) which doesn't eo ipso indicate a place of fiery suffering. It's primary meaning is the netherworld, where, at one time, every deceased person went regardless of their age and regardless of their goodness or their badness. Even Christ went there (Psalm 16:10 & Acts 2:23-32) and he was a good person.

According to Luke 16:19-31, haides is (or was) divided into two sections: one for good people and one for bad people. The section designated for good people was (or is) quite pleasant. (Luke 16:25, Luke 23:43).

The reason haides is slated for demolition is simply because there will be no need for it in the future. Its bad people will be transferred to the lake of fire, and its good people to a new cosmos and a new earth as per Isa 65:17, 2Pet 3:10-13, and Rev 21:1.

Grand Central Update: 31 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are a close enough approximation, then something like 2,042,280 new arrivals have passed through the gates of hell since March 15, 2016

Old 04-15-2016, 07:10 PM

4,564 posts, read 2,264,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyawehNyoh View Post
-
The koinι Greek word for "hell" in Rev 20:13-14 is haides (hah'-dace) which doesn't eo ipso indicate a place of fiery suffering. It's primary meaning is the netherworld, where, at one time, every deceased person went regardless of their age and regardless of their goodness or their badness. Even Christ went there (Psalm 16:10 & Acts 2:23-32) and he was a good person.
According to Luke 16:19-31, haides is (or was) divided into two sections: one for good people and one for bad people. The section designated for good people was (or is) quite pleasant. (Luke 16:25, Luke 23:43).
The reason haides is slated for demolition is simply because there will be no need for it in the future. Its bad people will be transferred to the lake of fire, and its good people to a new cosmos and a new earth as per Isa 65:17, 2Pet 3:10-13, and Rev 21:1.
According to Luke 16:19-31 it is a parable, and illustration, Not a real happening.
The dead sleep an unconscious sleep -> John 11:11-14; Psalms 115:17; 146:4; Daniel 12:2,13; Ecclesiastes 9:5

Please notice the definition of the 'lake of fire' as found at Revelation 20:13-14 the lake is defined as ' second death '.
Satan ends up in ' second death ' - Revelation 21:8
Jesus destroys Satan - Hebrews 2:14 B
So, ' second death ' is a fitting term ( Not for eternal burning ) but for: destruction
Doesn't Psalm 92:7 say the wicked will be: destroyed forever ? ________

Adam and Eve lived in Paradise - Luke 23:43 - They lived in the paradisical Garden of Eden on Earth.
Please notice the return of the Genesis ' tree of life ' on Earth according to Revelation 22:2
Under Christ's millennium-long day of governing over Earth there will be healing for Earth's nations, thus allowing for Earth to become a beautiful blooming paradisical global garden as Eden originally was a small sample.
No one will say,"I am sick......" -Isaiah 33:24; Enemy death will be No more -1st Cor. 15:26; Rev. 21:4-5; Isaiah 25:8
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or