Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2016, 02:48 PM

28,091 posts, read 29,957,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyawehNyoh View Post
Hell's Grand Central Station has many trains arriving, but only one leaving; which is why I named it Hell's grand central; viz: the only "transfer" is the one going down; way down.
You can call it what you want. You can define it however you want. That doesn't change reality.

Old 03-21-2016, 03:53 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,963,384 times
According to Psalm 16:10 the one who got out of biblical hell is Jesus because God resurrected Jesus out of biblical hell - Acts 2:27; 3:15

According to Revelation 20:13-14 the ' transfer ' is Not down, but ^UP^ meaning ' delivered up ' (KJV) meaning resurrected out of hell.
After everyone in biblical hell is resurrected out of hell, then emptied-out hell is cast vacant into a symbolic ' second death ' for vacated hell.
Some of the dead resurrected to a first or earlier resurrection out of hell - the Bible's grave - to rule in heaven - Rev. 20:6; 2:10; 5:9-10
Most of mankind to be resurrected back to healthy physical life on earth during Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rulership over earth.
Because the earthly resurrection is still future that is why the 'future tense' is used at Acts 24:15 that there ' is going to be ' a resurrection.....
Even King David is still asleep in the grave ( biblical hell ) - Acts 2:34 - besides also Daniel the Prophet - Daniel 12:2,13

Old 03-21-2016, 03:57 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,491,540 times
Quote:
-
It's commonly believed that heaven is sort of like the peak of a high mountain. All around the periphery of the mountain are numerous roads all leading to the top. In other words: no matter which road you take; the destination is the same.

But according to traditional Christianity; there aren't many roads to the top: there's only one; all the rest are dead ends, loops, drop-offs, and cul-de-sacs. If traditional Christianity is right; then an awful lot of non Christian people are facing a very unpleasant future. For example, according to my sources, there are approximately:

50 thousand Scientologists
15 million Mormons
8.2 million Jehovah's Witnesses
7.31 million Baha'i
483.8 million Buddhists
454.6 million Chinese Folk Religionists
6.4 million Confucianists
258.5 million Ethnic Religionists
935.5 million Hindus
5.7 million Jains
1.5 billion Muslims
1.8 million Orthodox Jews
64.2 million New Religionists
2.8 million Shintoists
24.2 million Sikhs
13.8 million Spiritists
8.8 million Taoists
640 million Non Religious
138.8 million Atheists

The grand total of just those categories is 4,569,460,000

If those figures are in the ball park, and if traditional Christianity is the truth; then at the least 62% of the earth's current population of 7.312 billion people is on a road to hell; and no doubt some of those are people we know: our friends, our loved ones, and our associates.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
gee, wonder who said:
"For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.
But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."
Once again traditional Christianity is the truth and it will be proven as the truth since Jesus said:
“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father;
take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world....

Then he will say to those on his left,
‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.' "

and do they? ... Jesus said they do:
“Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

Old 03-21-2016, 04:15 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,963,384 times
... and eternal punishment is: eternal destruction - 2nd Thessalonians 1:9

The wicked will be ' destroyed forever ' - Psalm 92:7

Jesus destroys sinner Satan - Hebrews 2:14 B
Satan ends up in ' second death ' Revelation 21:8
So, second death is a fitting term for: destruction ( annihilation )

The eternal punishment of everlasting destruction for the wicked.
Two choices: Repent or 'perish' ( be destroyed ) - 2nd Peter 3:9

Old 03-22-2016, 07:53 AM

425 posts, read 276,433 times
-
†. Luke 16:25 . . Abraham said to him: Son, remember

I should think that one of the negative aspects of hell is memory. How people down there retain their memories sans the brain cells they left behind with their corpse, I don't know; but they do, just as the rich man is able to experience thirst sans a flesh and blood tongue.

The older one gets, the more memories they accumulate, and many of those memories haunt us with terrible regret.

However, the people in hell not only have to cope with their bad memories, but also the good ones too, and I should think it is remembering the good things they enjoyed in life that makes their situation only worse in the heat. They say it is better to have loved and lost, rather than not to have loved at all. I disagree. I suspect it is far better to not know what you're missing. Ignorance really would be bliss in the once-rich man's situation.

Just think: that poor man is still in anguish down there to this very day; something like 1,956 years since Luke penned his gospel. In the grand scheme of things, that man is only just getting started on eternity because 1,956 years is little more than a warm-up for the main event. To put that in perspective: 60 AD was something like 1,432 years before Columbus discovered America.

Old 03-28-2016, 09:17 AM

-
†. Gen 6:5 . .And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

It's freaky to contemplate that the Bible's God has a way to eavesdrop on one's mental processes on a level with which people are mostly unfamiliar.

†. Matt 15:18-19 . . For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts

So then, it's not how your mind works that defines you, no, it's how your heart works that defines you; and a man's heart is easily capable of hoodwinking his own consciousness.

†. Jer 17:9 . . The human heart is most deceitful and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is?

There is a part of us that psychology labels the subconscious; which in Freud's opinion is a repository for socially unacceptable ideas, wishes or desires, traumatic memories, and painful emotions put out of mind by the mechanism of psychological repression. However, the contents do not necessarily have to be solely negative. In the psychoanalytic view, the subconscious is a force that can only be recognized by its effects-- in other words: your mind's thoughts can be construed not as replicas of your hearts thoughts; but rather, as symptoms of your heart's thoughts.

The key word in the above is: repression. God is able to de-suppress those repressed contents and submit them as evidence in the prosecution's case against the accused. That means He will be confronting people with things that they never before really knew about themselves; and that's why I sometimes say only a fool would take their chances with the Bible's God. They have no clue the extent of the psychological tsunami they're walking into.

Grand Central Update: 13 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are a close enough approximation, then something like 395,280 new arrivals have passed through the gates of hell since March 15, 2016

Old 03-28-2016, 10:56 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,283,690 times
You do seem to get a perverse satisfaction from contemplating how many people you think will suffer, and for how long and how intense they will suffer .

You are one of the best arguments against your version of God I have ever seen .

Old 03-28-2016, 11:27 AM

28,091 posts, read 29,957,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
You do seem to get a perverse satisfaction from contemplating how many people you think will suffer, and for how long and how intense they will suffer .

You are one of the best arguments against your version of God I have ever seen .
I couldn't have said it better.

Old 03-28-2016, 01:28 PM

-
I'm currently 72+ years old; born the year that the allies stormed the beaches of Normandy.

A number of the kids with whom I attended 1st grade in grammar school back in 1950 have no doubt passed away by now. That's just the law of averages.

But it's also the law of averages that a number of my deceased grammar school chums have not only passed away, but have also gone to hell.

That thought is very disturbing; and I can't help pondering that the lives of those little six and seven year-old kids were absolutely meaningless.

My BFF from 2nd grade was a boy named Ray. He was gunned down by sheriff's deputies in 1980. It was on the news and made the papers. Ray never got to use a PC or an inkjet printer, never went on the internet, never played a video game, and never got to use a cell phone. He missed it all.

There isn't a month goes by that I don't wonder where Ray is; and how he's doing.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Old 03-28-2016, 04:40 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,283,690 times
Quote:
-
I'm currently 72+ years old; born the year that the allies stormed the beaches of Normandy.

A number of the kids with whom I attended 1st grade in grammar school back in 1950 have no doubt passed away by now. That's just the law of averages.

But it's also the law of averages that a number of my deceased grammar school chums have not only passed away, but have also gone to hell.

That thought is very disturbing; and I can't help pondering that the lives of those little six and seven year-old kids were absolutely meaningless.

My BFF from 2nd grade was a boy named Ray. He was gunned down by sheriff's deputies in 1980. It was on the news and made the papers. Ray never got to use a PC or an inkjet printer, never went on the internet, never played a video game, and never got to use a cell phone. He missed it all.

There isn't a month goes by that I don't wonder where Ray is; and how he's doing.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

None of this explains your perverse fascination with how many people are going to Hell, how much they will suffer, and how long they will have to suffer.

If I were God and crafted a plan of salvation , based on the concept that I wanted all humans to get to Heaven , that left 3/4 of everyone ever born suffering horribly forever in Hell, I might wonder what went wrong and want to rethink my plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity