Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2017, 07:19 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,407,289 times

Advertisements

By William Barclay (well known Bible expositor)
“I am a convinced universalist. I believe that in the end everyone will be gathered into the love of God. The only victory love can enjoy is the day when its offer of love is answered by the return of love. The only possible final triumph is a universe loved by and in love with God.”
[Quoted from William Barclay: A Spiritual Autobiography, William B Eerdmans Publishing Company, Grand Rapids, 1977.]

The writings of several dozens of other "convinced universalists."
The Authors Page

THREE MORE TREASURE HOUSES OF CHRISTIAN UNIVERSALIST ARTICLES
Christian Universalism Articles by Title
Christian Universalism Articles
God's Truth For Today!

Old 07-02-2017, 07:24 AM

115 posts, read 96,194 times
I still need a redeemer to set me free from my sin nature. Yeshua was the perfect atonement for mankind's sinfulness. I will follow Him.

Old 07-02-2017, 08:14 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanneVanderbilt View Post
I still need a redeemer to set me free from my sin nature. Yeshua was the perfect atonement for mankind's sinfulness. I will follow Him.
I'm not sure if you are confirming that you agree with Rodger/Christian Universalism, or if you think your statement somehow means that you are not in agreement with him? Would you mind clarifying?

Old 07-02-2017, 09:00 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,407,289 times
Default What Jesus will do with everyone

http://richardwaynegarganta.com/Unde...rt%20One.htm#2

Old 07-02-2017, 10:08 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,165,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
By William Barclay (well known Bible expositor)
“I am a convinced universalist. I believe that in the end everyone will be gathered into the love of God. The only victory love can enjoy is the day when its offer of love is answered by the return of love. The only possible final triumph is a universe loved by and in love with God.”
[Quoted from William Barclay: A Spiritual Autobiography, William B Eerdmans Publishing Company, Grand Rapids, 1977.]

The writings of several dozens of other "convinced universalists."
The Authors Page

THREE MORE TREASURE HOUSES OF CHRISTIAN UNIVERSALIST ARTICLES
Christian Universalism Articles by Title
Christian Universalism Articles
God's Truth For Today!

Universal salvation myth is destroyed by the book.....it does not happen

Revelation 20:11-15King James Version (KJV)

11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

Old 07-02-2017, 10:23 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Universal salvation myth is destroyed by the book.....it does not happen

Revelation 20:11-15King James Version (KJV)

11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

I'd just like to point out that the word lake there means "safe haven, like a harbor in a storm", and our G-d is a consuming fire who sits as a refiner of men who consumed a bush but the bush was not destroyed, and makes His ministers to be flames of fire. I wonder what a whole bunch of flaming ministers (are they not ALL ministering spirits?) would look like in the Spirit? Peace

Old 07-02-2017, 05:10 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
I'd just like to point out that the word lake there means "safe haven, like a harbor in a storm", and our G-d is a consuming fire who sits as a refiner of men who consumed a bush but the bush was not destroyed, and makes His ministers to be flames of fire. I wonder what a whole bunch of flaming ministers (are they not ALL ministering spirits?) would look like in the Spirit? Peace
Now, that's something we can both wrap our heart and mind around.

Old 07-02-2017, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Universal salvation myth is destroyed by the book.....it does not happen.
The myth is that of Hades being an underworld of pain and suffering.
Or, the Lake of Fire being a place of eternal punishment or torment.

Old 07-02-2017, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanneVanderbilt View Post
Love will cover it, once you own it.

Old 07-03-2017, 04:04 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,018,190 times
Like universalism salvation believe just like many Christians of life in the earth , where they draw the line is the afterlife , and any judgment seat of Jesus Christ which is rejected in the after life , and eternal damnation of any is a outrage ............... where One reason for hell is that God does not have any purpose for people that reject Him , just like would you get married to a person who hates and ignores you , where God marries His children who seek after Him
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity