Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2017, 11:54 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,003,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
If by "doesn't judge" you mean that there are no consequences for out anti-social behavior, I hsave never see ptsum indicate that. Generally speaking it is knowingly a false statement of liberal positions.

Uh huh. So when I read that G-d is not angry at all, has no wrath, not judging anyone, ect., ect., in y'all's posts, and I repeat that, that is knowingly speaking a false statement of liberal positions. Right. Peace

Old 07-06-2017, 01:00 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,338,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Attack, attack, attack. Do you have any valid arguments?
Here is a valid argument for you jimmie.

the belief in eternal torment or annihilation teach people that God can sin (miss the mark) as God sent Jesus into the world for the salvation of the world and according to you God will miss his mark, which is sin.

So please explain why you believe God will miss His mark?

Old 07-06-2017, 01:09 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,338,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Uh huh. So when I read that G-d is not angry at all, has no wrath, not judging anyone, ect., ect., in y'all's posts, and I repeat that, that is knowingly speaking a false statement of liberal positions. Right. Peace
No we just don't see Gods wrath and judgment as an unending tormenting fire. We see it as a correcting process.

And man is not suppose to judge man, if God wants to tell someone something they do is a sin that is up to God to reveal it to them.

Some people try to force feed others with a slingshot; others use a shotgun.

Put away all weapons and let God do what God will do as He is quite capable of correcting people all on his own.

Old 07-06-2017, 01:10 PM

17,156 posts, read 11,322,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
So, If you asked someone to marry you, and they declined.
You would punish and torment them for ever, and ever?
Quote:
We are not God. God is holy, pure. We are sinful, flawed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
So, it would be evil if a man did it, but it's holy and pure when [as you believe] God does it.

Quote:
Yes. When pure is mixed with impure, the total becomes impure. Through the blood of Christ, we are made pure again and can be in fellowship with our holy Father.
Quote:
And then those who are made pure can also punish and torment others forever.
Quote:
Attack, attack, attack. Do you have any valid arguments?
Quote:
Follow your own line of reasoning, and you will see that what I presented to you was a valid point, not an attack.
You're not going to bother following your own line of reasoning to the obvious conclusion, are you jimmie.

Old 07-06-2017, 01:17 PM

20,392 posts, read 12,685,091 times
Quote:
You're not going to bother following your own line of reasoning to the obvious conclusion, are you jimmie.
Instead of responding to my point about God's holiness, you accuse traditional Christians of being judgemental.

Old 07-06-2017, 01:32 PM

17,156 posts, read 11,322,395 times
Quote:
Instead of responding to my point about God's holiness, you accuse traditional Christians of being judgemental.
Wrong. Read it again. Read YOUR OWN line of reasoning about how God, because God is PURE, can righteously punish and torment people for eternity for not loving God. Follow that to how you believe Christians are made PURE by God. What is the end point of such reasoning other than that Christians can, like you believe God does, righteously punish and torment others for eternity once they are also PURE?

Old 07-06-2017, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post

the belief in eternal torment or annihilation teach people that God can sin (miss the mark) as God sent Jesus into the world for the salvation of the world and according to you God will miss his mark, which is sin.

God cannot sin. That's utter nonsense.

Old 07-06-2017, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleroo View Post
wrong. Read it again. Read your own line of reasoning about how god, because god is pure, can righteously punish and torment people for eternity for not loving god. Follow that to how you believe christians are made pure by god. What is the end point of such reasoning other than that christians can, like you believe god does, righteously punish and torment others for eternity once they are also pure?
s-t-r-e-t-c-h

Old 07-06-2017, 02:51 PM

18,846 posts, read 6,874,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
By William Barclay (well known Bible expositor)
“I am a convinced universalist. I believe that in the end everyone will be gathered into the love of God. The only victory love can enjoy is the day when its offer of love is answered by the return of love. The only possible final triumph is a universe loved by and in love with God.”
[Quoted from William Barclay: A Spiritual Autobiography, William B Eerdmans Publishing Company, Grand Rapids, 1977.]

The writings of several dozens of other "convinced universalists."
The Authors Page

THREE MORE TREASURE HOUSES OF CHRISTIAN UNIVERSALIST ARTICLES
Christian Universalism Articles by Title
Christian Universalism Articles
God's Truth For Today!
Ugh. None of them worth reading.

Old 07-06-2017, 02:55 PM

18,846 posts, read 6,874,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post

If we define sin by "missing the mark"....what mark do you mean? If HE defines the mark, how can he miss it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity