U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-18-2017, 04:47 PM
Status: "Amused by BF." (set 6 days ago)
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
23,262 posts, read 12,050,400 times
Reputation: 10628

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Correct.

Acts 2:38
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


You would have totally aced Catechism in my Grade One class.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-18-2017, 05:35 PM
 
Location: GOVERNMENT of TRAITORS & NAZIS
20,551 posts, read 22,709,293 times
Reputation: 7625
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
No one with sin on their account will be in the presence of God.
Ironic how this god creates man in sin, allows man to exist in a sinful world, yet expects MAN TO FIX THAT WHICH GOD CREATED?????

So, all we have to do is admit and confess god created us in sin and pray and believe that god can remove the sin he placed on us by believing in his son??
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2017, 05:54 PM
Status: "Amused by BF." (set 6 days ago)
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
23,262 posts, read 12,050,400 times
Reputation: 10628
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Ironic how this god creates man in sin, allows man to exist in a sinful world, yet expects MAN TO FIX THAT WHICH GOD CREATED?????

So, all we have to do is admit and confess god created us in sin and pray and believe that god can remove the sin he placed on us by believing in his son??
Yep, for the easy-believism crowd it's dead-simple: Say the right magic words directed to the right magic guy and your crappy behaviour to gays is forgiven and you get to pass Go! and collect your eternal reward sitting in Jesus' lap and listening to the choir celestial.

It is to barf.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2017, 06:05 PM
Status: "Build the damn wall!" (set 5 days ago)
 
Location: The Haunted Mansion
15,134 posts, read 8,222,812 times
Reputation: 1543
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Ironic how this god creates man in sin, allows man to exist in a sinful world, yet expects MAN TO FIX THAT WHICH GOD CREATED?????

So, all we have to do is admit and confess god created us in sin and pray and believe that god can remove the sin he placed on us by believing in his son??
As usual, you misrepresent the truth. God did NOT create us in sin. It was/is a choice. You have said many times here that people should just stop sinning.

Acts 2:38
Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2017, 06:08 PM
Status: "Build the damn wall!" (set 5 days ago)
 
Location: The Haunted Mansion
15,134 posts, read 8,222,812 times
Reputation: 1543
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Yep, for the easy-believism crowd it's dead-simple: Say the right magic words directed to the right magic guy and your crappy behaviour to gays is forgiven and you get to pass Go! and collect your eternal reward sitting in Jesus' lap and listening to the choir celestial.

It is to barf.
Not true.

Romans 10

9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2017, 06:24 PM
Status: "Amused by BF." (set 6 days ago)
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
23,262 posts, read 12,050,400 times
Reputation: 10628
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Not true.

Romans 10

9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.
Uh-huh.

Pretty easy. For a certain sub-set of humanity.

As one of my gurus once wisely opined: "You can include me out."
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2017, 06:26 PM
Status: "Build the damn wall!" (set 5 days ago)
 
Location: The Haunted Mansion
15,134 posts, read 8,222,812 times
Reputation: 1543
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Uh-huh.

Pretty easy. For a certain sub-set of humanity.

As one of my gurus once wisely opined: "You can include me out."
Regardless, you were incorrect in your earlier post re: "easy-believisim".
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2017, 06:48 PM
Status: "Amused by BF." (set 6 days ago)
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
23,262 posts, read 12,050,400 times
Reputation: 10628
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Regardless, you were incorrect in your earlier post re: "easy-believisim".
Yeah, right.

Nobody lies to their heart.

Ever.

They don't even have to lie. The hearts WANT to believe because to not - is too darn scary.

It's easy to believe if you think the alternative is eternal charbroiling.

For a certain sub-set of humanity....
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2017, 06:55 PM
Status: "Build the damn wall!" (set 5 days ago)
 
Location: The Haunted Mansion
15,134 posts, read 8,222,812 times
Reputation: 1543
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Yeah, right.

Nobody lies to their heart.

Ever.

They don't even have to lie. The hearts WANT to believe because to not - is too darn scary.

It's easy to believe if you think the alternative is eternal charbroiling.

For a certain sub-set of humanity....
Genuine belief in Christ changes a person. There is no such thing as "easy-believism".

James 2

14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? 15 Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? 17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

18 But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.”

Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. 19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

John 3

5 Jesus said, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. 7 You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2017, 07:09 PM
Status: "Amused by BF." (set 6 days ago)
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
23,262 posts, read 12,050,400 times
Reputation: 10628
Yep. You would have aced 1st Grade Catechism.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top