U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2017, 07:04 PM

5,733 posts, read 4,581,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
You don't think God is Just?
You don't believe Jesus is powerful enough to judge justly?

I do.
First of all. I would have to understand what is your idea of justice, twin?

(just a warning I'm getting ready to go to bed soon so I may not have time to answer until tomorrow afternoon or so. But would like to continue the conversation. Just didn't want you to think I'd abandoned it.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2017, 07:09 PM

11,822 posts, read 9,811,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
First of all. I would have to understand what is your idea of justice, twin?

(just a warning I'm getting ready to go to bed soon so I may not have time to answer until tomorrow afternoon or so. But would like to continue the conversation. Just didn't want you to think I'd abandoned it.)
That's ok. I'm watching a ball game and going away tomorrow, so I won't be able to continue either.

Old 08-18-2017, 07:33 PM

17,697 posts, read 8,870,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
You're the poster child for rejecting what the Bible clearly teaches. Jesus taught more about hell than He did about heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
You are correct about that ...more than anyone in the Bible.
It seems he wanted to show an alternative...saving souls from hell.
I had to look it up just now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Now, Miss Hepburn that depends on what you refer to as heaven and hell.
Nowhere, was he referencing a place of eternal torment or punishment.

Heaven and hell are two inflectional points of an apparent path for all humanity.
It's called Life and death; and life will always outweigh that of death overall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
OH! No one said that in what i read....geeze!
Well, they weren't talking about the grave, it's about their belief in an eternal hell.

Old 08-18-2017, 07:43 PM

8,366 posts, read 2,740,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Now, Miss Hepburn that depends on what you refer to as heaven and hell.
Nowhere, was he referencing a place of eternal torment or punishment.

Heaven and hell are two inflectional points of an apparent path for all humanity.
It's called Life and death; and life will always outweigh that of death overall.
In Christ

Old 08-18-2017, 08:26 PM

10,182 posts, read 10,544,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Fourteen threads covering the same topic have been merged into one. Did anybody ever think of searching for an existing thread before starting a new one?

Apparently not. In his universal redemption fervor Rodger often leaps before he looks.

Rodger, a gentle reminder: I made a gentleman's request of you in post #1227. Please don't be a hit-and-run poster.

Old 08-18-2017, 09:15 PM

427 posts, read 95,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Look, tutt--have you ever considered that debating universal redemption vs eternal torment in fire is like debating how many angels can dance on the end of a pinhead? I mean where's the proof for any of it?

Why not go to the closest source we have for verifiable answers to what happens after death: near-death experiences. People who have had veridical NDE's say they didn't see Jesus, or heaven or hell or flames or satan or any of the other. Everybody went to a beautiful meadow with fields and trees and forests and waterfalls and stunning colors like this:

(public domain)

Now you post endless links on Universal Redemption and request that we read it. How about you extend us the courtesy and read the link that I post that explains veridical NDE's and how nobody saw anything except their dead relatives who were very happy living in beautiful environments. It's a very short page. You don't want there to be any suffering in hell, right? Well, with veridical NDE's that's exactly what you get: banishment of all the eternal fiery torment stuff. What difference does it make if it comes about naturally for all of us at death without all the baggage, or via UR which is unprovable theology? You win either way. Think about it. If you the decent kind of fellow I think you are, you'll read the link and then give us your thoughts on it? What do you say?

People See Verified Events While Out-Of-Body
First of all, the proof of universal reconciliation is in the same way Christians know God exists, Jesus is the only Way to God the Father, etc.

Secondly, Scripture says we have a more sure word than a voice from heaven (2 Pet.1:18-19).

Thirdly, one explanation of the things described at the linked page you posted is demonic activity. BTW, did you notice the reference to "psychic studies".

Fourth, in the second example posted at the linked page why couldn't it have been a lucky guess?

Old 08-18-2017, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClementofA View Post
First of all, the proof of universal reconciliation is in the same way Christians know God exists, Jesus is the only Way to God the Father, etc.

Secondly, Scripture says we have a more sure word than a voice from heaven (2 Pet.1:18-19).

Thirdly, one explanation of the things described at the linked page you posted is demonic activity. BTW, did you notice the reference to "psychic studies".

Fourth, in the second example posted at the linked page why couldn't it have been a lucky guess?
Well, thank you for responding. Now I know where you're coming from.

Old 08-18-2017, 11:47 PM

3,147 posts, read 2,742,061 times
Post Worth repeating

By William Barclay (well known Bible expositor)
“I am a convinced universalist. I believe that in the end everyone will be gathered into the love of God. The only victory love can enjoy is the day when its offer of love is answered by the return of love. The only possible final triumph is a universe loved by and in love with God.”
[Quoted from William Barclay: A Spiritual Autobiography, William B Eerdmans Publishing Company, Grand Rapids, 1977.]

The writings of several dozens of other "convinced universalists."
The Authors Page

THREE MORE TREASURE HOUSES OF CHRISTIAN UNIVERSALIST ARTICLES
Christian Universalism Articles by Title
Christian Universalism Articles
God's Truth For Today!

Old 08-19-2017, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClementofA View Post

Quote:
Well, thank you for responding. Now I know where you're coming from.
Wait a second. I take that back. I thought that was tutt replying. Actually, it's you, Clement. Seems Roger has chosen to completely ignore me. Apparently it's a one-way street with Roger. He wants to post his materials and have us read them but he has no interest in carrying on a dialogue. Isn't that against TOS somewhere? Isn't that called...umm....spamming?

Old 08-19-2017, 01:46 PM

3,147 posts, read 2,742,061 times
Post All that matters to me

Quote:
Wait a second. I take that back. I thought that was Tutt replying. Actually, it's you, Clement. Seems Rodger has chosen to completely ignore me. Apparently it's a one-way street with Rodger. He wants to post his materials and have us read them but he has no interest in carrying on a dialogue. Isn't that against TOS somewhere? Isn't that called...umm....spamming?
All that matters to me is the contents of this link and similar writings
What matters to others is of no concern to me.
Read my posts or not I don't really care.
I post for the enjoyment of URs.

NOTHING gives me greater pleasure than to guide people to the reasons why I see an infinitely different God in the Bible than the one I was taught in the several different eternal punishment churches I attended during years gone by and in the Bible school from which I graduated. I’m 78 years old.
CHRIST TRIUMPHANT - Thomas Allin
Christ Triumphant by Thomas Allin
CHRIST TRIUMPHANT - Thomas Allin
TLC - Download File, "Christ Triumphant", by Thomas Allin
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity