U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-20-2016, 02:18 PM
 
37,503 posts, read 25,238,629 times
Reputation: 5855

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
It's not Calvinism though Calvinists might agree with me. Calvin wasn't around when Paul penned those words regarding God's sovereignty.
It is pitiable and pathetic that 21st-century minds have hobbled themselves to our earliest ancestors' primitive and barbaric beliefs about God. To our ignorant primitive ancestors, EVERYTHING was done by God, including their OWN DECISIONS. I cannot understand how such idiotic thinking can still exist today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-20-2016, 02:19 PM
 
741 posts, read 271,341 times
Reputation: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Currently, for the last 2,000 years, God has been at peace with the world and has not been reckoning their offenses to them (see 2 Cor.5:19).

There are vessels of indignation which God makes Himself (see Romans 9) and then there are vessels of mercy which He makes.

Someone might ask "Why then is He still blaming for who hath withstood His intention?" It is because that is what they need.

It was important for God to bring down mighty Egypt. The reason given in Romans is so that He name would be published in the entire earth.

It's not Calvinism though Calvinists might agree with me. Calvin wasn't around when Paul penned those words regarding God's sovereignty.
What's the point of publishing a Name that people will be forced to recognize anyway?

No one has yet to explain why people were not created with no other choice but to follow God at the start.


Also, you use eisegesis to interpret scriptures. Below is flaw in doing that.

If the scripture was interpreted to mean what you say it means there would be no reason for the very next verse after 2 Cor 5:19. Which says, "Therefore, we are ambassadors substituting for Christ, as though God were making an appeal through us. As substitutes for Christ, we beg: “Become reconciled to God.” - 2 Cor 5:20.

Note: Your interpretation of 2 Cor 5:19 is incorrect. Making an appeal...to who in verse 20? According to your doctrine there would be no need. Why beg people to become reconciled? You don't beg people to become anything if there is no choice. See it's what you get out of the scriptures and not the lenses you put in front of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2016, 02:32 PM
 
741 posts, read 271,341 times
Reputation: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Timothy316 View Post
What school did you attend and are you published?
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
What school?
As I thought. There is about as much reason to trust you as a 5 Point Calvinist who translates the Bible much the same way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2016, 02:59 PM
 
17,968 posts, read 12,432,516 times
Reputation: 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Timothy316 View Post
What's the point of publishing a Name that people will be forced to recognize anyway?
Really? Was Saul, who became Paul, forced to recognize? Did Jesus put a sword to his throat? Geesh!

Quote:
No one has yet to explain why people were not created with no other choice but to follow God at the start.
I have, just not in this thread. Everyone has a will. But it is not free. The Bible calls it the will of the flesh. And says the flesh is at enmity to God and cannot please God (see Romans 8). Therefore God created humanity this way for a great reason. So that when He saves them, they will know they couldn't save themselves since "All avoid Him."


Quote:
Also, you use eisegesis to interpret scriptures. Below is flaw in doing that.

If the scripture was interpreted to mean what you say it means there would be no reason for the very next verse after 2 Cor 5:19. Which says, "Therefore, we are ambassadors substituting for Christ, as though God were making an appeal through us. As substitutes for Christ, we beg: “Become reconciled to God.” - 2 Cor 5:20.

Note: Your interpretation of 2 Cor 5:19 is incorrect. Making an appeal...to who in verse 20? According to your doctrine there would be no need. Why beg people to become reconciled? You don't beg people to become anything if there is no choice. See it's what you get out of the scriptures and not the lenses you put in front of them.
2Co 5:19 how that God was in Christ, conciliating the world to Himself, not reckoning their offenses to them, and placing in us the word of the conciliation."

God is not reckoning anyone's offenses to them and has done so for 2000 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2016, 03:17 PM
 
741 posts, read 271,341 times
Reputation: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Timothy316
What's the point of publishing a Name that people will be forced to recognize anyway?

Really? Was Saul, who became Paul, forced to recognize? Did Jesus put a sword to his throat? Geesh!
Paul wanted to do God's will yet was mistaken as to who's side God was on. When Jesus corrected him, Paul reconciled himself. Jesus didn't do it for him or turn a wicked man into a good man. Yes, it was his choice. However, Satan knows he is working against God and doesn't want to change. There are people that know they are working against God and don't want to change themselves. Paul compared to Satan....Apples and oranges.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Quote:
No one has yet to explain why people were not created with no other choice but to follow God at the start.
I have, just not in this thread. Everyone has a will. But it is not free. The Bible calls it the will of the flesh. And says the flesh is at enmity to God and cannot please God (see Romans 8). Therefore God created humanity this way for a great reason. So that when He saves them, they will know they couldn't save themselves since "All avoid Him."
That makes zero sense. God made people so that He could save them.....if God makes everything happen, then wouldn't that put the blame on Him as to why people are in this mess in the first place? Is God a sociopath?

Example: Couple have a child. Couple dump child in dumpster so that the child knows how much the youngster needs the couple.

That's the 'great reason'? No thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post


Quote:
Also, you use eisegesis to interpret scriptures. Below is flaw in doing that.

If the scripture was interpreted to mean what you say it means there would be no reason for the very next verse after 2 Cor 5:19. Which says, "Therefore, we are ambassadors substituting for Christ, as though God were making an appeal through us. As substitutes for Christ, we beg: “Become reconciled to God.” - 2 Cor 5:20.

Note: Your interpretation of 2 Cor 5:19 is incorrect. Making an appeal...to who in verse 20? According to your doctrine there would be no need. Why beg people to become reconciled? You don't beg people to become anything if there is no choice. See it's what you get out of the scriptures and not the lenses you put in front of them.
2Co 5:19 how that God was in Christ, conciliating the world to Himself, not reckoning their offenses to them, and placing in us the word of the conciliation."

God is not reckoning anyone's offenses to them and has done so for 2000 years..
You just repeated yourself and didn't address 2 Cor 5:20. Why are ambassadors of God begging anyone to 'become reconciled to God' if there wasn't a choice to do so?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2016, 03:36 PM
 
Location: arizona ... most of the time
11,822 posts, read 9,813,518 times
Reputation: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Timothy316 View Post
As I thought. There is about as much reason to trust you as a 5 Point Calvinist who translates the Bible much the same way.
what a surprise, two little verses from Jehovah Jesus that removes the primary reason for existence of an organization.

Wanna try another wet paper bag pillar like amount of times a predicted end of the world accuracy or failure rates ?
That of course is another indication Jehovah Jesus said that the non-trust spot light is turned your direction.

Last edited by twin.spin; 04-20-2016 at 03:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2016, 04:09 PM
 
4,851 posts, read 1,463,863 times
Reputation: 1571
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Timothy316 View Post
We can point fingers at each other claiming 'you reject the Bible' and the other say 'no I'm not'. Around and around we would go. You say I do I say I don't. Look at my account name. That says it all. Just because I don't accept your interpretation of the Bible doesn't mean I reject the Bible. I don't think that you reject the Bible, I think you have been mislead in interpretation as well as translation. The doctrine you are trying to get the Bible to say is not logically sound and it contradicts with much of the Bible. In fact like the Calvinist basic flaw in their doctrine, if we are all predetermined to follow God there would be no need for the Bible. Genesis 1:1 would say, "Don't worry, I got this. - God" The end. The Bible doesn't say that does it? It has so much more to say. All of it is for exactly what it says 2 Timothy 3:16 says. "All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, so that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work." There would be no need for a book for teaching or reproving if we were all going to be changed to what God wants anyway.


So do you believe in annihilation upon death or after some period of suffering and torment ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2016, 07:18 PM
 
741 posts, read 271,341 times
Reputation: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
So do you believe in annihilation upon death or after some period of suffering and torment ?
There is no suffering or torment at all after death.

Death = not alive.

Annihilation, as in to never return is for only those that are incorrigible. Those that have chosen a path of a complete lack of humility or meekness are to be removed forever. From my discernment of the Bible is God would rather see a person dead rather than lobotomize them into a creature that can only do His will. I agree with this. Animals are alive but they are not aware of God or that they are even animals. To remove freewill is to remove intelligence. A creature that lives on what God gave them. If a human doesn't have freewill then they might as well be dead. They are no longer the person they were.

God has freewill and we are made in His image. Or is that false? Or does that mean God doesn't have freewill? Is He a slave to His own foreknowledge?

Last edited by 2Timothy316; 04-20-2016 at 07:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2016, 07:38 PM
 
741 posts, read 271,341 times
Reputation: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
what a surprise, two little verses from Jehovah Jesus that removes the primary reason for existence of an organization.

Wanna try another wet paper bag pillar like amount of times a predicted end of the world accuracy or failure rates ?
That of course is another indication Jehovah Jesus said that the non-trust spot light is turned your direction.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...alyptic_events

LOL like no one else attempted and failed? Big whoop.

So is this your defense now? Abandon your doctrine by trying to match failure for failure? Your universal salvation argument has failed and we failed 100 years ago... All that proves is that we are human....ZZZzzzzzzz Good job.

Start a new thread if you want to talk about failed Armageddon predictions.

To drastically change the subject shows how weak your argument on this subject has been. Typical apostate logic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2016, 07:47 PM
 
4,851 posts, read 1,463,863 times
Reputation: 1571
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Timothy316 View Post
There is no suffering or torment at all after death.

Death = not alive.

Annihilation, as in to never return is for only those that are incorrigible. Those that have chosen a path of a complete lack of humility or meekness are to be removed forever. From my discernment of the Bible is God would rather see a person dead rather than lobotomize them into a creature that can only do His will. I agree with this. Animals are alive but they are not aware of God or that they are even animals. To remove freewill is to remove intelligence. A creature that lives on what God gave them. If a human doesn't have freewill then they might as well be dead. They are no longer the person they were.

God has freewill and we are made in His image. Or is that false? Or does that mean God doesn't have freewill? Is He a slave to His own foreknowledge?


So decent Buddhists , Muslims and Hindus get to Gods presence immediately upon death ? Only the truly wicked are annihilated?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top