U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-20-2016, 07:53 PM
 
4,851 posts, read 1,463,156 times
Reputation: 1571

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Timothy316 View Post
What's the point of publishing a Name that people will be forced to recognize anyway?

No one has yet to explain why people were not created with no other choice but to follow God at the start.


Also, you use eisegesis to interpret scriptures. Below is flaw in doing that.

If the scripture was interpreted to mean what you say it means there would be no reason for the very next verse after 2 Cor 5:19. Which says, "Therefore, we are ambassadors substituting for Christ, as though God were making an appeal through us. As substitutes for Christ, we beg: “Become reconciled to God.” - 2 Cor 5:20.

Note: Your interpretation of 2 Cor 5:19 is incorrect. Making an appeal...to who in verse 20? According to your doctrine there would be no need. Why beg people to become reconciled? You don't beg people to become anything if there is no choice. See it's what you get out of the scriptures and not the lenses you put in front of them.


Certainly if those who aren't reconciled in this life are given corrective punishment in the afterlife according to their deeds it makes perfect sense to appeal to them to make that reconciliation happen painlessly and without suffering in this life .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-20-2016, 08:16 PM
 
Location: arizona ... most of the time
11,822 posts, read 9,811,723 times
Reputation: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Timothy316 View Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...alyptic_events

LOL like no one else attempted and failed? Big whoop.

So is this your defense now? Abandon your doctrine by trying to match failure for failure? Your universal salvation argument has failed and we failed 100 years ago... All that proves is that we are human....ZZZzzzzzzz Good job.

Start a new thread if you want to talk about failed Armageddon predictions.

To drastically change the subject shows how weak your argument on this subject has been. Typical apostate logic.
Your delusional ... how about doing research first on what people OP's started or what their post's are before you totally disclose your ignorance.

Last edited by twin.spin; 04-20-2016 at 08:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2016, 07:36 AM
 
17,968 posts, read 12,430,337 times
Reputation: 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Timothy316 View Post


You just repeated yourself and didn't address 2 Cor 5:20. Why are ambassadors of God begging anyone to 'become reconciled to God' if there wasn't a choice to do so?
Because we don't know who it is that God will open their eyes and hearts to His peace. So we tell everyone. Some won't be at peace with God in this life because they are "locked up all together in stubbornness (see Romans 11:32) but as the verse says, He locks them all up in stubbornness so that He will be merciful to all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2016, 07:54 AM
 
Location: Divided Tribes of America
12,906 posts, read 4,926,084 times
Reputation: 4984
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Your delusional ... how about doing research first on what people OP's started or what their post's are before you totally disclose your ignorance.
You made my day with that comment! Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2016, 08:13 AM
 
Location: california
5,482 posts, read 4,556,796 times
Reputation: 6418
I would be very cautious about things Jesus did not say, nor teach .
God does not compromise with sin then now or ever.
The first requirement for salvation, is repentance. "turning from self govern to God's govern"
To this end Jesus provided the Holy Spirit to teach in His place.
The advanced twisting of scripture to prove a point, will only lead one further "from" the tutelage of the Holy Spirit Jesus provided.
If Jesus Lordship does not exist with in you, you have no hope. All of Matthew , all of John .If Jesus word is not your foundation, than what you've built on is sand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2016, 08:46 AM
 
Location: Booth Texas
13,279 posts, read 4,238,900 times
Reputation: 1298
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
I would be very cautious about things Jesus did not say, nor teach .
God does not compromise with sin then now or ever.
The first requirement for salvation, is repentance. "turning from self govern to God's govern"
To this end Jesus provided the Holy Spirit to teach in His place.
The advanced twisting of scripture to prove a point, will only lead one further "from" the tutelage of the Holy Spirit Jesus provided.
If Jesus Lordship does not exist with in you, you have no hope. All of Matthew , all of John .If Jesus word is not your foundation, than what you've built on is sand.

Good post Arleigh, but have you ever thought about what it is that you are building? The works of all men will be tested by fire to see what kind of work they have built.


But what are we building?


A house that can dwell in the flames untouched?


I think about this too.


Luke 16~ I think we are given this life as a test and it doesn't even belong to us, but if we are unfaithful with this miserable short life, why would God give us what already belongs to us, a transformed body full of spirit and power.


What already belongs to us is a very curious thing.


9And I say unto you, Make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness; that, when ye fail, they may receive you into everlasting habitations.
10He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much. 11If therefore ye have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches? 12And if ye have not been faithful in that which is another man's, who shall give you that which is your own?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2016, 10:13 AM
 
741 posts, read 271,216 times
Reputation: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
I would be very cautious about things Jesus did not say, nor teach .
God does not compromise with sin then now or ever.
The first requirement for salvation, is repentance. "turning from self govern to God's govern"
To this end Jesus provided the Holy Spirit to teach in His place.
The advanced twisting of scripture to prove a point, will only lead one further "from" the tutelage of the Holy Spirit Jesus provided.
If Jesus Lordship does not exist with in you, you have no hope. All of Matthew , all of John .If Jesus word is not your foundation, than what you've built on is sand.
Agreed with their twisting of scripture. I keep pointing out that they are using eisegesis to interpret scripture but I don't think they can see it. Of course when a person calls all but maybe one or two Bible translations in the world wrong, what else can you call it but spiritual blindness?

Another concern with this doctrine is why is God burying the truth in one or two translations of the Bible? The lack of being able to answer questions with any kind of unity from the believers of this doctrine is another tick in the no box.

I do not think it's right to change what the Bible says and I trust that God has more involvement in the translation of His book then what they are saying. I highly doubt He is going to let 95% of Bible translations be translated completely wrong about a very important subject.

Like so many things I have found in my studies of God and His Word. There is a balance in His actions. Love and Justice will be balanced perfectly. No one will be destroyed that is not supposed to be and no one that wants to continue to be wicked will be allowed to live. There will be no mistakes in the Judgement of God's judge, Jesus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2016, 10:29 AM
 
741 posts, read 271,216 times
Reputation: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Your delusional ... how about doing research first on what people OP's started or what their post's are before you totally disclose your ignorance.
Wow! Attack people much? I can see you're frustrated with this discussion. I will then bid you good day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2016, 11:12 AM
 
4,851 posts, read 1,463,156 times
Reputation: 1571
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Timothy316 View Post
Agreed with their twisting of scripture. I keep pointing out that they are using eisegesis to interpret scripture but I don't think they can see it. Of course when a person calls all but maybe one or two Bible translations in the world wrong, what else can you call it but spiritual blindness?

Another concern with this doctrine is why is God burying the truth in one or two translations of the Bible? The lack of being able to answer questions with any kind of unity from the believers of this doctrine is another tick in the no box.

I do not think it's right to change what the Bible says and I trust that God has more involvement in the translation of His book then what they are saying. I highly doubt He is going to let 95% of Bible translations be translated completely wrong about a very important subject.

Like so many things I have found in my studies of God and His Word. There is a balance in His actions. Love and Justice will be balanced perfectly. No one will be destroyed that is not supposed to be and no one that wants to continue to be wicked will be allowed to live. There will be no mistakes in the Judgement of God's judge, Jesus.


For some reason you continue to call accepting the interpretation of the Bible given by the Greek speaking fathers of the early church as twisting scripture . Since what is being put forth by UR supporters today is the same concept put forth by the most knowledgeable fathers of the early church, this accusation is highly dishonest .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2016, 12:08 PM
 
741 posts, read 271,216 times
Reputation: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
For some reason you continue to call accepting the interpretation of the Bible given by the Greek speaking fathers of the early church as twisting scripture . Since what is being put forth by UR supporters today is the same concept put forth by the most knowledgeable fathers of the early church, this accusation is highly dishonest .
The same could be said of your accusations that God is allowing the majority of the world's Bibles to be translated incorrectly. Yet some how a few translators are just now getting it right? I looked into your accusations and found your evidence extremely weak. Therefore I will reject it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top