U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-29-2016, 10:08 AM
 
Location: arizona ... most of the time
11,825 posts, read 9,847,406 times
Reputation: 1302

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
1) I have many things to tell you but you cannot bear them now.

2)Wonder what He was talking about there?

3) Funny how people prefer to hang onto the fallacy of people being burned forever in hell, rather than having a loving G-d that leaves the 99 to go back for the one.

4) The root of it is they want revenge on whoever it is that wronged them or others,

5)but when you forgive all you are rewarded with seeing as He sees, which includes a CORRECT dividing of scriptures and a revelation of just what and how it's all accomplished. Peace
1) Get over yourself

2) gee, gosh golly .... not UR, duh.

3) no it's not funny, that's why Jesus spoke of it in factual terms.
p.s. We Christians spell God as "God" not the obedience to the law spelling way of "G-d"
4) only in twisted UR can it conclude such

5) Being Jesus is God, his death paid for the sins of all. Whoever does not believe, a person forfeits that forgiveness. Such a person then will experience the total opposite treatment and duration existence from God in contrast to those who do believe. So says Jesus. Matthew 25:42-46

That is the CORRECT dividing of scriptures
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-29-2016, 10:28 AM
 
9,169 posts, read 2,816,373 times
Reputation: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
1) Get over yourself





2) gee, gosh golly .... not UR, duh.

3) no it's not funny, that's why Jesus spoke of it in factual terms.
p.s. We Christians spell God as "God" not the obedience to the law spelling way of "G-d"
4) only in twisted UR can it conclude such

5) Being Jesus is God, his death paid for the sins of all. Whoever does not believe, a person forfeits that forgiveness. Such a person then will experience the total opposite treatment and duration existence from God in contrast to those who do believe. So says Jesus. Matthew 25:42-46

That is the CORRECT dividing of scriptures

1) Get over yourself. I was quoting what Yeshua said.

2) Really? And you know that how, exactly?


3) Well, I do it out of respect to my brethren, the Jews, just as Paul said he didn't want to be a stumbling block. So you don't do it, because?


4) No, the motive of the heart is pretty evident with or without UR.


5) So says you. But if you have no understanding of the tabernacle pattern or even your own temple make-up, then it is impossible for your doctrines to be lined up with anything but your own understanding which is by birth, at fault, since ALL MEN seek after their own things (and that includes doctrinces) and not the things which be of Christ, WHO IS SPIRIT, and flesh cannot understand things that are meant to be spiritually discerned. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2016, 10:55 AM
 
17,968 posts, read 12,473,499 times
Reputation: 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
This is UR:

UR is the satanic alternative gospel plan just based on this verse alone 1 Chronicles 28:9

UR is the satanic scoffing "hee hee hee !!! let's see where that gets you Jesus .... ALL Jesus ... DESIRES ALL " in the refuting of what Jesus said in:
  • Luke 16:25-28
  • Revelation 14:10-11
  • Revelation 20:10
  • Matthew 25:41-46
UR is the satanic mocking of God when faced with truth, for they reason:
  • God is a failure if he can't do what he desires
  • God has some after death conversion process or some special holding place beyond death
UR is the satanic vomit smoke screen for people who revel in useless word meaning shell game
  • ... AN ANALYTICAL STUDY OF WORDS – LOUIS ABBOTT
    • (it should be called .... AN ANALYTICAL STUDY OF WORDS – ABBOTT & COSTELLO )
Thanks for the good laugh. No really. It made my day.

So God tells us to charge and teach that God will save all mankind and is all mankind's saviour in 1 Timothy 4:11 and so God is telling us to charge and teach Satanic ideas? Really? I mean . . . REALLY?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2016, 11:11 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,651 posts, read 32,108,797 times
Reputation: 9442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
I have many things to tell you but you cannot bear them now. Wonder what He was talking about there?

Funny how people prefer to hang onto the fallacy of people being burned forever in hell, rather than having a loving G-d that leaves the 99 to go back for the one. The root of it is they want revenge on whoever it is that wronged them or others, but when you forgive all you are rewarded with seeing as He sees, which includes a CORRECT dividing of scriptures and a revelation of just what and how it's all accomplished. Peace
Saying "they believe this and that because they want revenge" is a common misrepresentation of Christian views. Not very honest
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2016, 11:26 AM
 
Location: arizona ... most of the time
11,825 posts, read 9,847,406 times
Reputation: 1302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Thanks for the good laugh. No really. It made my day.

So God tells us to charge and teach that God will save all mankind and is all mankind's saviour in 1 Timothy 4:11 and so God is telling us to charge and teach Satanic ideas? Really? I mean . . . REALLY?
When Jesus began by saying this:
A) "many false prophets will appear and deceive many people."
he eventually concluded with this:
B) “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels' ...
“Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.

Being that B) is the truth,
then UR is one of "A)" the "many false prophets will appear and deceive many people".

And what of the fate the deceived will experience according to God? :
1 Corinthians 6:9
will not inherit the Kingdom of God
  • the lie of UR: Yes they will through some process
2 Timothy 3:13
evildoers and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived.
  • the lie of UR: No, despite what God said.
However imposters are getting worse by calling such deceptions as
  • UR
  • "all roads go to heaven"
  • "purgatory" or whatever holding tank that suits your terminology
Jesus conclude with:
Revelation 20:10 & 14
the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast
and the false prophet had been thrown.

They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

The lake of fire is the second death.
Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Now if you want to entertain with AN ANALYTICAL STUDY OF WORDS – ABBOTT & COSTELLO so to ignore the truth ... have at it.

Last edited by twin.spin; 04-29-2016 at 11:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2016, 12:23 PM
 
Location: Chicago Area
7,569 posts, read 3,905,241 times
Reputation: 2683
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
When Jesus began by saying this:
A) "many false prophets will appear and deceive many people."
he eventually concluded with this:
B) “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels' ...
“Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.

Being that B) is the truth,
then UR is one of "A)" the "many false prophets will appear and deceive many people".

And what of the fate the deceived will experience according to God? :
1 Corinthians 6:9
will not inherit the Kingdom of God
  • the lie of UR: Yes they will through some process
2 Timothy 3:13
evildoers and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived.
  • the lie of UR: No, despite what God said.
However imposters are getting worse by calling such deceptions as
  • UR
  • "all roads go to heaven"
  • "purgatory" or whatever holding tank that suits your terminology
Jesus conclude with:
Revelation 20:10 & 14
the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast
and the false prophet had been thrown.

They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

The lake of fire is the second death.
Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Now if you want to entertain with AN ANALYTICAL STUDY OF WORDS – ABBOTT & COSTELLO so to ignore the truth ... have at it.
I'm of the opinion that it's possible for these passages to be more or less true without leaving the bulk of humankind burning in hell for all eternity. For one thing, I doubt the "lake of fire and brimstone" is literal. It's sure to be metaphorical. In all likelihood, punishment in the next life is a lot less pleasant than that, but I don't think it lasts forever. In God's house, there are many mansions. In other words, not all are rewarded equally. So it never was an either/or proposition. Terrible people will be punished to the degree that befits their crimes, but sooner or later that punishment ends and they will inherit an existence of eternal happiness. Do they get "eternal life"? Well, what is eternal life exactly? Do they enter the "Kingdom of God"? Well, what is the Kingdom of God exactly? Are these just terms for a happy existence for eternity? Are they specific to a better reward that righteous receive? Since the Bible never clearly defines these terms, it's open to debate. Whatever you want to call it, even the worst human being to ever live will receive an indefinite existence of happiness. Now will those who lived good and righteous lives get something better? Quite likely, but I leave that in God's hands.

The difference between our viewpoints: I'm willing to put God above the Bible. I'm not at all certain that the Bible is infallible. In fact, I'm certain that it isn't. But I'm 100% sure that God is infallible. And when I prayerfully contemplate the idea that the vast majority of humanity suffers forever and ever, the Spirit is offended by the notion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2016, 12:26 PM
 
17,968 posts, read 12,473,499 times
Reputation: 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
When Jesus began by saying this:
A) "many false prophets will appear and deceive many people."
he eventually concluded with this:
B) “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels' ...
“Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.

Being that B) is the truth,
then UR is one of "A)" the "many false prophets will appear and deceive many people".

No, since you are using a very poorly translated per-version of the Scriptures which has "eternal punishment" rather than "age-during punishment" or "eonian punishment," it is actually your version which it contradicting God that "God will have all mankind to be saved and thus making you the false prophet.

Quote:
And what of the fate the deceived will experience according to God? :
1 Corinthians 6:9
will not inherit the Kingdom of God
  • the lie of UR: Yes they will through some process

1 Corinthians 6:9 should not be used to contradict the truth that "God will have all mankind to be saved. Therefore your idea that it does contradict 1 Timothy 2:4-6 raises a red flag that your understanding is false and contradictory:

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 Or are you not aware that the unjust shall not be enjoying the allotment of God's kingdom? Be not deceived. Neither paramours, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor catamites, nor sodomites, (10) nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards; no revilers, no extortioners shall be enjoying the allotment of God's kingdom." (11) And some of you were these, but you are bathed off, but you are hallowed, but you were justified in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ and by the spirit of our God."

The above passage does not say they will never be saved. In fact, some of the Corinthians WERE doing those bad things but are now bathed off, hallowed and justified just as all mankind eventually will be.



Quote:
2 Timothy 3:13
Quote:
evildoers and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived.
  • the lie of UR: No, despite what God said.
However imposters are getting worse by calling such deceptions as
  • UR
  • "all roads go to heaven"
  • "purgatory" or whatever holding tank that suits your terminology
That being the case, you are the one going from bad to worse because you are the one calling God a liar by your theology.


Quote:
Jesus conclude with:
Revelation 20:10 & 14
the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast
and the false prophet had been thrown.

They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

The lake of fire is the second death.
Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.
The second death will one day be done away, all who are interred in that death will come to life, be subjected to Christ and then God will be All in all (1 Corinthians 15:22-28). You just need to quit contradicting scriptures.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Now if you want to entertain with AN ANALYTICAL STUDY OF WORDS – ABBOTT & COSTELLO so to ignore the truth ... have at it.
You are just as wrong by saying that book is by Abbot and Costello as you are in calling God a liar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2016, 12:09 AM
 
9,169 posts, read 2,816,373 times
Reputation: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Saying "they believe this and that because they want revenge" is a common misrepresentation of Christian views. Not very honest

Well, when I believed in it, I never cursed anyone to hell, but I sure didn't mind the thought of it if it was someone who had done something really bad to me, or loved ones, or even someone in the world. Now since that was sin and all sin is common to man, and all men seek after their own things and the not the things which be of Christ (like unbreakable mercy), I think I can say with 100% certainty what the motive of the heart is, and it ain't a good or G-d one. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2016, 10:11 AM
 
Location: arizona ... most of the time
11,825 posts, read 9,847,406 times
Reputation: 1302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Saying "they believe this and that because they want revenge" is a common misrepresentation of Christian views. Not very honest

It's also a common misrepresentation from those who God says is "The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them"

How else can one say such as to Richard1965 .....Believe it or not, I do agree with you about Christianity being the beast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2016, 10:36 AM
 
9,169 posts, read 2,816,373 times
Reputation: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post

It's also a common misrepresentation from those who God says is "The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them"

How else can one say such as to Richard1965 .....Believe it or not, I do agree with you about Christianity being the beast.
Actually, I can say it quite easily. The beast has 2 horns; one is the horn (means power, same word also translated as rays, as in rays of sun, or tongues of fire) of the carnal mind, the other is the horn of the Holy Ghost = Pentecostals, those that have the second horn and were made to be one with the Head by virtue of that baptism = a DOUBLE MINDED man is unstable in all of his ways. Note also they call down fire in front of men.

Rev. 13:11 Then I saw a second beast, coming out of the earth. It had two horns like a lamb, but it spoke like a dragon. 12 It exercised all the authority of the first beast on its behalf, and made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose fatal wound had been healed. 13 And it performed great signs, even causing fire to come down from heaven to the earth in full view of the people.

Until you look back and see that a split occurred after the disciples died off, you cannot see what has been done was the branches boasting against the tree, and it was a diaspora of sorts as they became "exiled" in other religions of their own making. Nevertheless, He knew it would happen, and it is soon to be reconciled as the 2 days of Pentecost are swiftly drawing to a close and G-d Himself will close up the breach, making of twain, one new man. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top