U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-30-2016, 12:26 PM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,541 posts, read 31,936,781 times
Reputation: 9418

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Well, when I believed in it, I never cursed anyone to hell, but I sure didn't mind the thought of it if it was someone who had done something really bad to me, or loved ones, or even someone in the world. Now since that was sin and all sin is common to man, and all men seek after their own things and the not the things which be of Christ (like unbreakable mercy), I think I can say with 100% certainty what the motive of the heart is, and it ain't a good or G-d one. Peace
It is 100% you personal opinion/experience, and claiming Christians in general share your experience is dishonest. I believe what I believe because IMO it is the truth, not because of some weird 'motivation'. Your comments prove your views are founded on emotions / motivation / persuasion, not on Spirit. You'll say you believe whatever sounds good.

Why do people believe anything? Because they think its the truth. When you say what you said, it means you don't even believe, you only say you believe.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 04-30-2016 at 12:47 PM..
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-30-2016, 12:29 PM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,541 posts, read 31,936,781 times
Reputation: 9418
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post

It's also a common misrepresentation from those who God says is "The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them"
Instead of listening to the Spirit, they go with emotion and "reasoning", and when you take that path, the word of God will indeed become foolishness to them.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2016, 01:12 PM
 
17,813 posts, read 8,905,073 times
Reputation: 1496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Instead of listening to the Spirit, they go with emotion and "reasoning", and when you take that path, the word of God will indeed become foolishness to them.
So, what is the Spirit telling you?
To walk blindly into the night?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2016, 01:21 PM
 
4,851 posts, read 1,468,913 times
Reputation: 1571
It is interesting that none of the eternal torment crowd seem to want to tackle the fact that their version of God seems to either be apathetic about multiple billions of people suffering torment forever in a never ending hell , with more and more on the way the longer our existence lasts , or simply can't really do anything about it .

In the eternal torment worldview, Satain has done more damage than is possible for God to repair .
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2016, 01:33 PM
 
9,169 posts, read 2,792,733 times
Reputation: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is 100% you personal opinion/experience, and claiming Christians in general share your experience is dishonest. I believe what I believe because IMO it is the truth, not because of some weird 'motivation'. Your comments prove your views are founded on emotions / motivation / persuasion, not on Spirit. You'll say you believe whatever sounds good.

Why do people believe anything? Because they think its the truth. When you say what you said, it means you don't even believe, you only say you believe.

No, I believe what the Word says, which is what I shared as well. Peace
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2016, 01:37 PM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,541 posts, read 31,936,781 times
Reputation: 9418
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
It is interesting that none of the eternal torment crowd seem to want to tackle the fact that their version of God seems to either be apathetic about multiple billions of people suffering torment forever in a never ending hell , with more and more on the way the longer our existence lasts , or simply can't really do anything about it .

In the eternal torment worldview, Satain has done more damage than is possible for God to repair .
He did do something about it.

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life."

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 04-30-2016 at 02:02 PM..
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2016, 01:51 PM
 
4,851 posts, read 1,468,913 times
Reputation: 1571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He did do something about it.

“For God so loved the world,[a] that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life."


And this does exactly what for those billions and billions who never heard the gospel, or who don't see the validity of the religion that claims this due to the lifestyles of its adherents ? Ever hear of the Inquisition, or read on how Christians destroyed aboriginal societies on every continent Europeans went to? Ever read how John Calvin burned people at the stake ? Or how the Roman church used the Roman armies to attack the Eastern Orthodox church over doctrinal differences and papal issues? Do you know how Christians treated Native Americans, Australian aborigines , Africans , or New Zealand Maoris? Would you accept the God of your invaders who committed genocide on your people because their God gave them that right in their minds ?

Seriously man, move past the simple minded and trite Christian one liners .
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2016, 02:07 PM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,541 posts, read 31,936,781 times
Reputation: 9418
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Seriously man, move past the simple minded and trite Christian one liners .
I think I'll stick to saying what I want. Too bad if you don't like it.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2016, 02:11 PM
 
Location: arizona ... most of the time
11,825 posts, read 9,826,600 times
Reputation: 1302
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
And this does exactly what for those billions and billions who never heard the gospel, or who don't see the validity of the religion that claims this due to the lifestyles of its adherents ? Ever hear of the Inquisition, or read on how Christians destroyed aboriginal societies on every continent Europeans went to? Ever read how John Calvin burned people at the stake ? Or how the Roman church used the Roman armies to attack the Eastern Orthodox church over doctrinal differences and papal issues? Do you know how Christians treated Native Americans, Australian aborigines , Africans , or New Zealand Maoris? Would you accept the God of your invaders who committed genocide on your people because their God gave them that right in their minds ?

Seriously man, move past the simple minded and trite Christian one liners .
Seriously man, move past the simple minded and trite atheist\agnostic one liners.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2016, 02:30 PM
 
4,851 posts, read 1,468,913 times
Reputation: 1571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I think I'll stick to saying what I want. Too bad if you don't like it.
That's fine , choose not to look at the reality of things if you wish . I have you a list of questions substantiating my claims . You obviously don't feel capable of answering .
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top